What firefox derivate do you use?

I can't get rid of Firefox, I need bookmark/password/history sync from pc to phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nightly

Pale moon is run by a furry who uses your computer to farm cryptocurrency. Also duckduckgoy is locked by default because the dev admitted on the forum that he/she/it gets ad revenue from it

Nighty is placebo shit. Use ESR. Also source on that palemoon shit.

Does Nighly also has the Mozilla tracking? First adding the Pocket extension, then adding the custom news feed.

Sounds like you Firefox is what you're after.

I've never used sync before. Is it worth using?

I use KDE connect to sent tabs to my browser because firefox's sent to phone is slow but the password and bookmark sync is cool. I guess one can do the same using an owncloud instance and a owncloud supported browser.

Literally tested this yesterday, Nightly scores 28% and 37% better than ESR in ares6 and speedometer respectively.

There's no tracking in Firefox. If you mean telemetry/health report then you can turn that off, and unlike with Windows 10, you can actually check the source code to make sure it actually is turned off. There's also some other automatic connections made that you can stop if you wish. support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections

Why do you feel the need to talk shit about other people's work?

Douchebag.

Hello new friend. Welcome to Sup Forums

So by your logic no one is allows to speak poorly of anyone's work, even when it's actually really bad.
Just throw free speech out of the window

Hello summerfag

Firefox ESR. When support for the 52.x series drops, I'm not sure what I'll do. I need my addons. I might jump ship to a fork.

>Literally just making shit up at this point
Does Mozilla see Pale Meme as enough of a threat to hire shills now?

GNU Icecat

What is this about?

Privacy protection features

LibreJS: GNU LibreJS aims to address the JavaScript problem described in Richard Stallman's article The JavaScript Trap.
Https-Everywhere: Extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure.
SpyBlock: Blocks privacy trackers while in normal browsing mode, and all third party requests when in private browsing mode. Based on Adblock Plus.
AboutIceCat: Adds a custom "about:icecat" homepage with links to information about the free software and privacy features in IceCat, and checkboxes to enable and disable the ones more prone to break websites.
Fingerprinting countermeasures: Fingerprinting is a series of techniques allowing to uniquely identify a browser based on specific characterisics of that particular instance (like what fonts are available in that machine). Unlike cookies the user cannot opt-out of being tracked this way, so the browser has to avoid giving away that kind of hints.

Bloat.

>bookmark
Pen and paper.
>password
Pen and paper.
>history
If it really matters, you remember it.

So it's a poorly version of NoScript.

Desktop: Gnu/IceWeasel
Mobile: Gnu/IceCat
Work: Nightly (minimal without addons)

>placebo
Electrolysis is the real deal.

I got a 20% performance gain with my average workloads.

Isn't Electrolysis aviable on the latest stable as well?

>locked by default
>locked
You can change it.

Would you rather they have google?

chrome does that, but you need a google account

It's not enabled by default for most users.
There's also Servo which helps with opengl and upcoming Obsidian (vulkan web api)

Nightly has more Quantum features I think

With firefox you can enable your own offline sync server that is in no way connected to 3rd party servers.

It's pretty neat with combined with F-droid syncing repo on mobile and Git on the desktop.

Ya I know, I used to love firefox, but I couldnt justify the shit performance I got with it on a more than capable computer. It sucks because it used to be so good

Qutebrowser is superior.

I tried it and I like the customization options it had, and I enjoyed that it was compatible with all firefox add-ons, BUT it was slow as fuck.

I'm currently using it on a SBC atm. (odroid)

Not aware of any of those issues.
(probably way less capable than the hardware you are using)

Chrome was way too bloated personally to use on arm.