Just a reminder to what kind of monster process node AMD is fabbing Zen2 at

Just a reminder to what kind of monster process node AMD is fabbing Zen2 at.

Come late 2018, Intel's clockspeed advantage is gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S60886302
globalfoundries.com/sites/default/files/product-briefs/7lp-product-brief.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And I think I speak for everyone when I say IBM Nazi science is the best science.

Also reminder that IBM has shipped a 5.5GHz CPU using similar nodes custom made for their POWER architecture

bump

>Just a reminder to what kind of monster process node AMD is fabbing Zen2 at.

Just tell me about after it's released op.

JUST WAIT

Please DELET

6 core CCX x2, 12 core at 4.5GHz and 8/10 core at 5.0GHz?

Monster.

OY VEY ANUDDA SHOA! DELID THIS RIGHT NOW

Uh oh, what is Intel gonna do when Zen runs at the same clockspeed as Kabylake?

>+10-15% IPC increase
>15%+ higher clocks

Intel will be mutilated, Skylake v3 will still be selling at that point in time, if Icelake isn't magical Intel will have a hard time.

>Uh oh, what is Intel gonna do when Zen runs at the same clockspeed as Kabylake?

hmmmm add another Bingbus?
i actually hope AMD will increase IPC by a HYUGE margin again.

If only Ryzen was launched on a HP node.
Well I guess that would be nice for desktop, but their server and mobile line would suffer.

Just a reminder that poozen deuce will add more poo in 2018 so be ready for all the poo in your dududrypper c-poo-u.

It probably will once they fix certain weaknesses like AVX2 instruction

>AMD is fabbing

AMD has fabs?

AMD only fabs lies for marketing.

Poojeet is here to defend this.

>17 metal layers

Oh shit they're not fucking around with this node.

How long do we have to Wait™ for this

>Design kits are available now, and the first customer products based on 7LP are expected to launch in the first half of 2018, with volume production ramping in the second half of 2018.

Reminder we had a 300+ post thread about this 2 days ago full of Intel tears

warosu.org/g/thread/S60886302

globalfoundries.com/sites/default/files/product-briefs/7lp-product-brief.pdf

>upto
Those 17 layers would likely be for IBM's POWER chips.
Zen uses 12, where Skylake uses 13.
Zen2 may not need to utilise any further layers.

So more layers = better?

I thought more layers is just more expensive?

so what your saying is that when this might be released, I can view this penis-puppetry forum .0179 nanoseconds faster?
WHERE CAN I INVEST ALLL MUH GOVT ALLOCATED SHEKELS?

It's better if you want to make a gigantic and power hungry chip, ala IBM's POWER
Which IBM will make on this exact node, hence the 17 metal layer availability

Get completely fucked because clockspeed is their only real advantage at 4 cores and Ryzen already rekts their shit in multicore.

>5GHz operation
>0.75V DRIVE VOLTAGE!??!?!?

Oh shit Intel is gonna get gutted, this is public execution.
This process density is on par with TSMC and Intel, but its performance is staggering, IBM has done it again

They should rename this from 7nm Leading Performance to 7nm Rape Train

IBM already builds monster chips, density is the least of their worries.
But it's also nice that the node is competitive with TSMC in density and slightly behind Intel's, but the real kick is the performance.

Also from what I know all these companies never use high density libraries but high perf ones, so average process density matters even less.

waiting™ for Zen2
feels good to be free from intel's slavery

>zen2 8 cores at stock is 40% faster than zen 8 cores
I can imagine a lot of people being mad expecting incremental 10% performance increases.

Who gives a fuck, CPUs are finally interesting again!

IBM powering the second shoah

fucking mint

IBM revenge. Intel fucked IBM in 386 era.

Sage

>Tfw waiting for Zen 2 and Vega
>Going to build a red beast

I hope they deliever next year

bump

My body is ready

You'll have to wait for Navi too.

why are my shares in AMD dropping?

Because Goldman sachs are manipulating the market by forcing a sell rating.

buy the dip you idiot

>Zen 2 and Navi parts are 7nm
>Zen 3 and brand new GPU arch will be 7nm EUV
>AMD has its future arch and available high perf process nodes sorted out for the next 3 years already
>GloFo also has a 5nm GAA nanowire process in the works after that
>intel hasn't finished construction on their 7nm facility and will be using rehashes of 10nm until 2020-2021~

AMD, Samsung, Global Foundries, and IBM really make for one hell of a working partnership.

for how long will 7nm and 5nm be milked until graphmeme becomes viable?

>graphmeme becomes viabl
Never.

>tfw AMD only has to work on designing a single powerful quad core complex and engineer it to work with IF
Their future is very bright.
I don't see them letting IF go to anyone.

then what will replace silicon?

I wonder what will Navi be all about.

Zen 3 is slated for 2019 or 2020 at the moment, that'd give the 7nm node a 2-3 year life span. It depends on how long it takes GloFo to get the 5nm process up to volume levels.
We'll likely still be utilizing silicon substrates for years to come after that. A new substrate would be earth shattering news in the industry because of the financial investment it would require. Tens of billions if not a hundred billion dollars. Hell it cost TSMC something like 3 billion to bring their 28nm HKMG process online years ago.

Likely something compatible with current infrastructure. Some other material like silicene, molybdenum disulfide, or else similar.

Applying success of ryzen to GPU market.

Would be absolutely hilarious to see Huang get pajeeted for the 4th time. With another housefire to answer.

>we need more cores and threads!
When will this meme die?

Servers do want more cores and thread. And more memory. And more I/O. AMD gives exactly that.

AMD fucking played dead for like 3 years, Intel appears to have fired it's whole R&D and engineering department as a result, then AMD just stands back up. Wow. I don't think there has been a business comeback as great as this for the past 20 years. Except Apple from a business standpoint.

Remind us on release date op. Kind of really tired amd's wait, and see game that's been around for over a decade.

>wait for threadripper nearly over
>wait for zen2 starts

>AMD fucking played dead for like 3 years

What did they have 4 years ago?

shitty bulldozer/excavator APUs

Same user
It's gonna be glorious

Haswell v5

This is really the key here. The stars aligned and some how, some way, we have an entire generation of AMD superiority.

So my Ryzen will be depreciated? fuck AMD. Another reason you should never buy from them.

>oh no, why does technology advances????
t. caveman

Psh. Ryzen is trash, it delivers clocks less reliably than British rail delivers its passengers.

Source? Oh wait, you have none

w're reaching the limits of silicon soon. The only logical process is shrink it and add moar coars.

LOL

Looks like I'll wait™ too, Zen2 will be really interesting.

THIS..

I'm buying when I get home.

But will it fit into my X399 motherboard

>molybdenum disulfide
Fuck you nigger I need that to lube my bushings and gears

The threadripper version will.

Buy now or right when it starts going up?

Right now.
You're not going to get many, if any chances.
EPYC NDA lifts on the 20th, so full details of the lineup and performance.
Sure, if you buy now, it may drop another 40-50cents, but that's not a risk worth taking.

IBM's process will bury Intel.
Intel is nothing but a regular chipmaker without its fab advantage.

Just bought 300 :)

Intel makes good SRAM.

Too bad for Intel that good caches are not all it takes to make good CPUs

Hey, at least they are decent at something.

>reminder to what

So, q1 2019.
Which is great actually, they already stated the next iteration of Zen would have ipc gains of ~15%, so next year a big tock and the year later a big tick.
If Intel falls behind samsung/gf on the nodes, it will be reeeally difficult for them to stay at the top.

Ya intel is doing nothing at all, just going to keep using same old architecture

Look sweetie, there is a reason amd stock is shit and they can't make a profit any quarter.

>Thinking a cpu that will only be purchased by 1% of market will do anything to break amd out of their deficit

Hooo boy, denial.

10-15% higher IPC wont' be enough to make me care right now, attached picture is my latest upgrades.

What do you mean by this? Are they weak on AVX2 instructions? AVX2 isn't that much faster than SSE2 for RAID anyway but you made me curious.

Because the sellers are more aggressive than the buyers.

Silly little boy, more performance is always desirable. And it doesn't matter if you get higher total performance by better-performing cores or more less-performing cores as long as the total performance goes up. This is true for everything but a handful of poorly written Windows games. For everything else it makes no difference. Just try yourself with ffmpeg or anything else that's demanding, you'll see all cores and threads fire up and work until the job's done.

To be fair, AMD's been dead longer than 3 years and Intel's been dead about 3 years. That 1-2% increase in performance per CPU generation from Intel has been pathetic, they basically got the upper hand and since AMD just wasn't there they kept on releasing the same shit in new wrappings.

>pissmark
The rest of your post is unimportant.

>Just Wait guys!

It works just fine as a general ballpark metric.

It's good enough to see if a new CPU is about twice as fast as the one I have or not.

>"Just wait 2 and a half years"
Ok bro

You're not funny.

We're all eagerly waiting for Intel to deliver their 10nm node which is fucking basically never.

reminder that your a fucking intel shill

can somebody please post the screencap?

good try kike, enjoy the new JEWRIPPER processor causing anuda shoah.

You're not funny.

Bot.

The pro AMD shitpost threads all contain street shitting grammar because the abject poor are the only people that fall for AMD marketing, it isn't shilling its just stupid people being stupid.

Don't worry I think you'll find a few like-minded tripshits that aren't giggling when looking at your shameless posts.

So I'll keep my 4790k until then

Shit hasnt advanced enough to change up