Also sage

>0.5/1.2GB

lol

and i use win10 on both my laptop and desktop

>4.90GB storage used
>465MB RAM used
what is this sorcery?

Probly a 32 bit install
I bet all you faggots freaked out about superfetch too even though unused ram is wasted

>465MB RAM in idle state
>not bloated
Top fucking kek

Windows 10 is a turd that was produced on a designated shitting street in Bombay.

>using winblows 10

kek'd

>456 MB RAM

>NOT BLOATED

ted

t

>485MB
you look like a baby to me

no, it's 64bit

>nogaems

>unused ram is wasted
doesn't apply here, cache ram is typically counted seperately
wasted ram is ram wasted that could instead be used for cache, if nothing else

>unused ram is wasted
windows developers also think that unused swap space is also wasted for some reason

>he actually thinks this is lightweight

Come back when you're under 100mb, kiddo.

>500 mbytes
>5 Gbytes
while Alpine (with a windowing system and a browser open)
>60 mbytes
>

>Alpine
while you get 90s RAM usage you also get 90s usability, features and looks. good for a server... oh wait why would i use a window manager at all on a server? so basically useless

90s had the best usability, features and looks

>500MB RAM in use just sitting at an empty desktop

please share howto get the same

>this being an issue
RAMlet detected

>uses almost 50% ram at idle
>this is supposed to be impressive

yeah i'm sure plan9 had amazing PPP and modem drivers

>Why make better software when you can just buy more RAM?
-Brainlet

why bother with all that when you can just connect with the good old regular ethernet cable

>tripfags aren't retarde-

ethernet cable to what, you private T1 line retard

if you have less than 8gb in current year i dont know what you use a computer for

>his OS can't cache to RAM to make general actions faster for the end user who is using their machine as a tool to complete tasks

You must be one of those GNUmale Lincuck users we've heard about.

you are the reason web browsers consume 1gb per tab

Oh wow, you can move and resize windows! Incredible...

are you poor? do you have 4gb ram and just browse the internet? why don't you just get an android smartphone or tablet at that point?

i just downloaded w10 ltsb.
wat do.

Upload it back. They needed it.

>games

Set wallpaper and taskbar to solid grey

Windows is only 5GiBs now? When did that happen? My Windows 7 install is something like 23 GiB.

And another 40gb are on the cloud

So how did you reduce disk usage that much?

if you use bad, RAM-hungry software in the current year, I don't know what you use a computer for.

oh wait
>muh games
>muh facebook

you're wrong, though
i made the screenshot and windows 10 image posted in the OP (i'm not OP, however)
a lot has been cut out of that image, and many non-critical services have been disabled, including superfetch, which is the thing you're describing

>What is Puppy Linux

This, someone explain at least

not an argument
shitty school pcs had 8gb of ram in 2008, pajeet

i made the image OP posted, i stripped it down using NTLite, it's by no means a standard windows installation

win 10 LTSB
gnu/derpists gonna ragederp in envy
cry me a river gnu/pajeets

LTSB 2015 or 2016?

ltsb n 2016, 64bit

>NTLite
Sounds like a botnet.

Is it publicly available? What stuff did you cut our?

here's the iso if you wish to play with it
the NTLite preset is on the disc
no cracks or other software is included, it is purely an NTLite pass

also note that i don't use windows, and while i have had experience stripping down older versions of windows, this one has had no testing, so don't assume everything will work on it (of course, not everything is /expected/ to work either, as i've cut out things i don't consider important)

a.doko.moe/qiriwe.iso

Is there a list of stuff you deleted

it's in the preset, it's just an XML file

ted

Is this image even useful in real life, or is it just for Sup Forums showoff?

i've also done a windows 7 one, which i have tested, as i do still need windows to use solidworks (now the one and only program left i use windows for)
installed it in a VM just now to see it's "ootb" ram/disk space usage
note that this image has all updates up to january this year pre-installed, so it can't be directly compared to an old 2009 or 2011 ootb install
it's also not directly comparable to the win10 one, as this does include some technically-optional conviniences like having .NET stuff preinstalled

mix of curiosity, showing off, and usability
while i didn't test it, i didn't just cut everything out, i made the same kind of choices i have previously done with older versions of windows, and *should* be more or less usable for most common stuff

I discovered I have access to an academic key for 10 Education. is there any difference with respect to Enterprise except for the upgrade options?

Can you post that ISO also?

i suppose so, but it's 2.1G, and i have

Can you use some name so i can recognize you? I'm really interested in this

or you can send me a link to: gibjob4real[AT]cock.li

heh, when was the last time you saw a fresh win7 install with only 3 important updates waiting?

since it's going to take forever, now is as good a time as ever to get it updated and also remove a test user i neglected to remove before
sure, i can send an email as well

>1.2GB of RAM
>2017
HAHAHAHHAH!!

doesnt matter to me cause i have 24gb of ram anyway

What's best: LTSB 2015 or 2016? Are they still supported?

Let me guess, LTSB?
You should tell people case regular w10 is even more bloated than 8.

You downloaded a Generation2 integrated iso torrent.

read the thread

wat

So it's an UI where you have to open a menu to move a window.
Woah, muh usability...

not him, what does that mean?

(you)

no screen space wasted. desu it's more effective. 1 another click but everything is more compact and uniform

It should've been in the topic.
Why should i have to read a whole thread cause OP is such a massive cunt-faggot ooupsie mangina lgbtq douche.

so you allocate a vm a small amount of RAM, so Windows 10 uses a small amount of RAM. Obviously it's not going to use a ton of RAM from the get go, but if it had more RAM availabe to it, it'd use more. Also, it's a pointless exercise where windows is concerned, have you nothing better to do with your time?

>It should've been in the topic.
>Why should i have to read a whole thread cause OP is such a massive cunt-faggot ooupsie mangina lgbtq douche.
because the person who made the image isn't OP

>no screen space wasted.
>has borders
ok

oh no, 2 pixels
and these have a concrete use - you can also resize by dragging the edges and not just resize command
because everything inside should be left to the actual program
your bloat breaks everything

4 GB? Why have 4 GB when you can have 8 GB goy? 16 GB is the bare minimum you need these days. I can't believe anyone would not have 24 GB of ram.

Many games
web browsing
Office work

The only thing you need 8+ Gigs for is bloated-as-fuck games and possibly scientific applications or heavy, heavy multitasking

(That said, I have 8 just so my system doesn't go unresponsive if a program I'm using springs a memory leak, and CS:GO doesn't run well with 4 anymore)

>32 bit installation
Faggot

it's 64bit, dipshit

I use the same with palemoon with 15 tabs opened L M O A

bunch of stupid niggers
get a job and stop complaining about your lack of money for more ram

ayy

moving from a HDD to a SSD, just want to take windows with me.

can I just copy the windows folder and duplicate it in the SSD?

Wait, how much RAM is that?

1 mega-megabyte

43GB of 1155GB used

% echo $((1048565/1024))GiB
1023GiB

1 giga-megabyte

no, 1 giga-kilobyte

Why is Sup Forums so contrarian? If you told them not jumping off a bridge is popular they'd immediately throw themselves off and try to convince everyone of the benefits and why it was the superior choice on the way down.

Because many of the people here flock here to try and find some sort of purpose to follow, so they will blindly follow the blind if it makes them feel a part of something. Many boards are the same.

No, there are bootloader implications

If the SSD is larger, just dd one drive to the other (bs=4K oflag=direct status=progress) is the way to go

(Even if the SSD is smaller, you might see if you can shrink the NTFS partition before transfer)

This is a really smart post

Because it's a catch-22 to accuse someone of being contrarian

This just proves even more that if you ever need W10, LTSB is the way to go