>Still feels like vectorized shit. No pixels visible

Everything else:
>Top kek.

>2560x1600
>shows as less content than a shitty 720p netbook

sage

>not changing the display resolution
bait harder

So, we have a big screen, but you open one window and the screen is full.

Oah, cool OS m8

literally this, why the fuck would you ever buy a high res display and then use scaling?
only point of a high res display is more workspace

Looks better than Windows. I don't understand how Windows can still look like shit after, what, 20 years?

>B-but i like to see movies in great res and shit user
MacOS is not for work, so workspace is not a priority for them. What a great OS :DDDDD

but literally only reason i'd ever consider getting a mac is for, from what i heard, best ps/lr/ai/pr performance
if it's not for work and it sure as fuck is not for gaymes then what in the fuck is the purpose of this thing? a $2000 facebook/shitposting machine?

If you present at conferences then it's great. Best you can find, no competition. Every major software company uses it(even Microsoft in their Mac division), because it just works, plug and play.
Why? Because they code over ssh on the centralized code repo server. Performance doesn't matter when you have petaflops on the server. Might as well have a nice screen when you're working. Otherwise, buy it because you want to be a hipster at starbucks.

It's a social product. Having a Macbook for Facebook/Office is a must have if you are a rich student for example.

Adobe user here, not true. It will run with the same performance of a windows machine with same specs, that means a cheaper windows can give better performances.

Only field where it is actually faster is video editing on prores files, cause that format is apple property and the only way to use on windows is through QuickTime which is still 32bit, rarely updated and bad optimized.

That basically means you could try to video edit 4K content on a coreM macbook

Best format on windows from what I know is DNxHD, but on premiere it doesn't matter, everything will work

>only point of a high res display is more workspace
Have you even seen a high ppi display? (regardless of Apple or not tons of laptop/display manufacturers do it now)

If you work with text it's a godsend. Text (Code, PDFs, etc.) looks like laser-printed, it's noticeably easier on your eyes, doesn't tire them.

I mean it doesn't matter if you just play games or watch movies, then it's not worth it.

Retina's the best.

I went to Bestbuy yesterday and looked at new Macs and holy fuck are those things thin. They're also rugged as fuck. I lifted MacBook Pro and tried to twist it... it was like trying to twist a solid piece of aluminum. Crazy tough.

I really like MBP 13" but I also loved how small the MB is. MB 12" is so tiny yet it lasts 10+ hrs. Nuts.

The screens are unmatched. My Thinkpad screen looks like it's 10 years behind.

>2 brothers
>1 bought a used t420
>1 is a faggot
>I meant to say he bought some Apple product
>Both spend a workday
>t420 owner:
I set up a restful server api and am almost finished building a prototype client in angular.
>faggot:
STILL FEELS LIKE VECTORIZED SHIT, NO PIXELS VISIBLE

>building angular apps
I don't know who's the faggot here, user

>Bring your eyes as close to the screen as possible
Yeah because that's exactly what I do all day long though.

Also my 10 year old 1280x800 resolution shitbook can cram more information on screen than the exactly 4-times-as-much-space 2560x1600 screenshot you posted.

I hope you're fucking proud lol.

>tfw your Dell XPS 15 with Linux has a higher resolution

>Not using this option in pic related

KYS faggot troll.

If you want more space, use SwitchResX (but text is too tiny).

I hate lying faggots like you.

im thinking of getting one since i need a laptop and was planning on reading textbook pdfs off of it.

Is it a great screen for booklearning or what?

Because I use Fedora on a laptop with higher PPI than any MBP ever and it looks better.

>8gb
>120gb ssd

nice trying to hide how poor you are. if you really wanted a macbook pro you would get the 15 with 16gb/512gb

Laptops aren't really meant for reading book-like PDF's. If that's the only thing you're going to do, I highly recommend a Surface Pro. The advantage is that it's more portable, and you're able to flip it 90 degrees so you can read your stuff vertically, which is way superior to a normal 16:9 screen. If you plan on doing other things that require more processing power and don't mind the glossy display, I highly recommend this laptop.

>only field where it is actually faster is video editing
Not anymore.

My uncle works at Nintendo, and he said that they are making a port of loz:bow for macOS. Also, I love Tim cook, I would suck his balls, he's so handsome. Apple's gr8 m8!

applel is absolutely finished

I realize this is bait, but
>They're also rugged as fuck.
>Crazy tough.
Sure. Right until you drop it and suddenly can't close the screen because the corner is bent out of shape and you have to either deal with it, buy a new one, or take a hammer to it and further ruin the thing.
>The screens are unmatched. My Thinkpad screen looks like it's 10 years behind.
Why are you using a 10 years old Thinkpad ?
The new X1 Carbon can be configured with a high-res OLED display.

While I can vouch for the XPS 15, it's not really fair to compare the second hand price of the XPS 15 9550 to the new price of the other machines. My XPS 15 9550 cost me $1400 and it came with an i5-6300HQ instead of a 6700HQ, and 8GB of RAM instead of 16GB (expandable though).

I agree, but it's still cheaper first-hand.

1440p on a 5.5" screen here, how are all you DPI-lets doing?

>bait
So to you, bait is something you disagree with? I think the word you're looking for is "triggered". That shit triggers you.

Everything I said is true. I don't use Macs and don't own them but those new Macs are pretty fucking amazing. I understand the appeal of them fully.

Go to bestbuy and check them out yourself and quit repeating the idiotic memes you heard from other retards on here.

ok ill consider it

I still think sitting at a desk with the 4k laptop and reading my things/watching the lecture videos i need is superior to a pseudo tablet

Ill check both of them out next month at frys when i get back home

>GPU disabled

I hate macs but this is not a fair comparison, I only use my CPU OK my x230 now, on everything else every render is done by GPU.

Also openCL support for iGPUs is really good on osx

1440p on 5.2", fight me irl faggot.

>Everything I said is true.
No, everything you said is factually wrong. Aluminum is not a strong material. The screens are not "unmatched". That 10+ hour battery life depends entirely on what the computer is being used for. Or rather, what it isn't being used for.

>No, everything you said is factually wrong. Aluminum is not a strong material. The screens are not "unmatched". That 10+ hour battery life depends entirely on what the computer is being used for. Or rather, what it isn't being used for.
you are really retarded.

Sure kiddo.

>window resize never existed

This isn't even bait faggot what is this

I'm not that guy but you're really overselling the macbook. The displays are above average, the aluminum cases do feel nice, but as the other user pointed out that level of rigidity has downsides. 10 hours is below average for a netbook (12" or less imho)

aluminum only appeals to the human aesthetics. It looks and feels like metal so it must be strong, but its really an illusion. you could have broken that computer over your knee user, using only human strength and some body leverage. every single knick and scratch and dent is permanent. even materials of medium hardness will leave scratches.

>Jason Snell
>Sup Forumsorts faggot

kys

>a guy paid to sell a product on an imageboard is overselling that product
Do you understand what shilling is?

>check them out yourself

I keep telling them this. Once you play with the newest MacBook Pro, you realize that there's nothing like it on the market. This is why they are charging a premium for it.

The thing is fucking PERFECT. Just ordered one for myself after 13 years of using a tower with windows.

The design was not the only thing that made me switch. It was also the OS. I'm tired of malwares and the paranoia that Windows is causing me every day, especially now that i'm holding various cryptocurrencies.

My life in front of the PC happens 80 percent in a browser, so i don't need a fully flexible OS. Just a secure and a stable one, as I've replaced most of the .exe applications that i was using in windows with python scripts.

At first i thought that going from 32gb to 16gb (Mac) was going to be a problem, but it turns out that i can handle everything without the extra. In fact, it prevents me from opening hundreds of tabs in chrome every day and makes me more organized, efficient and focused.

Don't hate on Apple, dumbass pajeets. I was doing the same until i had the chance to play with their devices

just ignore NEETS on Sup Forums. they dont know what is like to be employed and therefore dont know that Macs get work done

>dual core
>8GB ram

>only 1400$

Different Jason Snell, sixcolors.com

Macbooks are the best choice

If you don't buy a macbook you're a dwarf

I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

>pr
you mean fcpx

>gpu disabled
>PREMIERE
>>>PREMIERE
>Using a Mac and not editing in FCPX
would be at least 3x faster

the entire OS is designed around windows only being as big as the program needs to be useful. you double click on the title bar and it resizes to fit the window. The maximize button just resizes it to a functional size.
Jesus christ Sup Forums is fucking retarded. Also I'm 100% sure you don't know basic underlying OS design elements for whatever OS you use and yet I do.

"cool" jobs like 3D animation and music production will pretty much always use nothing but Macs because that's what their status symbol of choice is.
kids on Sup Forums don't realize the MacBook Pro has been a meme since it was a PowerBook G4 and every wannabe Hollywood screenplay writer used one in 90's Starbucks'.

Why does macOS actually look worse now than it did a decade ago?

>Have a 1080p 12.5'' screen
>use 150% scaling
>change it to 100%

Is this text for fucking ants and manlet? I can't see shit. Fuck workspace

>tfw I have a shitty 1366*768 and I downscale everything to 90% because I don't have room for windows

Because you went blind you fucking graybeard

Don't worry, there is a test with the GPU enabled as well.

Because Steve Jobs died.

>>Bring your eyes as close to the screen as possible
>>Still feels like vectorized shit. No pixels visible
Bullshit.
The idea behind "Retina" is that pixels are not visible AT NORMAL WORKING DISTANCES.
Your troll is a fail.