Are you on the mining bandwagon yet?

Are you on the mining bandwagon yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-480-ethereum-mining/
foldingcoin.net/
heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Ethereum-statt-Nebenjob-Anleitung-zum-Geldverdienen-mit-Gaming-PCs-3743725.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>pyramid scheme general
I'm going to make a metric fucking shit ton of money after everyone realizes how worthless, corrupt and buggy etherium is.

etherium thread already got deleted an hour ago. enjoy your ban, scammer.

You can mine for a week then exchange it for cold hard cash. Even on a more frequent interval if you don't any confidence in the currency.

What's there to lose?

nothing to lose, I will enjoy watching that ecosystem burn to the ground after I walk away with a shit load of munnybux, there is no other future and everyone knows this.

Will AMD continue to make good mining cards with Vega? I thought about buying an RX480 but I figured why would AMD drop their mining friendly GPU architecture in the next series? Especially when it has been so lucrative for them recently.

Ethereum's ASIC resistance comes from being memory intensive to mine and the new Vega architecture has some of the highest memory bandwidth ever in a GPU so it might perform phenomenally well. 16GB even faster memory than the old architecture with increased scalability. I'm considering putting $5,000-7,000 down getting a six Vega rig going to see how it turns out.

No the only computer I have is a thinkpad x60 tablet and I'm to cheap to buy newer hardware.

Any use with an Nvidia card? Not using my desktop a ton lately, could be down for another ride of the cryptoscam wagon.

No,waiting for my rx 580 3months.
Miners already bought all cards...
I got just 1 gtx 560 ,that will take years to mine anything.

Yeah I made an AHK script to automatically start mining at 50% efficiency when I'm not on the pc for 2 minutes, and 100% efficiency when I'm not on the pc for 10 minutes.
It mines invisibly in the background and immediately stops mining as soon as I touch mouse or keyboard.

Basically I get paid every time I don't use the pc and it happens more often than I think.

I hope it fails so I can buy a 580 for dirt cheap.

I made about $12 in 4 days this way.
It's not much, but since I'm a college student it's pretty good for me.
$3 a day means $90 a month. This almost triples my monthly spending money for free.

I was actually thinking about doing this on a spare company server by just sticking a gpu in there a leaving it running... Whats a cheap gpu that can still earn me decent cash when I don't pay for power

RX 480
RX 580

Thanks user, anything in particular I should look for in cards for mining?

nvidia cards are all shit at mining cryptocurrency
480 and 580 have a very low price with a very high performance in mining and games
that's why they're sold out everywhere, if you find one get one

Something that won't set itself on fire. So, a GPU from a reputable company with an actually good cooler.

As long as the room the computer is in isn't small, you can probably get away with reference cards too.

t. 2013

This is about Etherium mining, right?
It would be 2013 tier if you tried to mine bitcoin with it, but Etherium works surprisingly well
cryptocompare.com/mining/sapphire/radeon-rx-480-ethereum-mining/

> Price 199 USD
> Payback period 45 days

>in 3 month you can literally double your investment and it will only keep mining more

So when and where the fuck can I buy new cards in the US?

Damn. I'm tempted to do this next semester since I won't be paying for utility usage.

what happens if you trip a breaker in a dorm?

just keep in mind the crypto prices change a lot and difficulty may increase until that time too, making it less profitable

Only if you have a 1070. 1060s are okay but not great and 1080s are worthless.

I don't use my GPU (RX460) heavily so I'm using it to mine. I'll average $60 doing nothing with minimal electricity costs and I can still use my computer while mining, just can't gayme or anything.

As much as I'd like to mine, I agree with this sentiment. Crossfire 580s for

As an user that had a 32 GPU farm mining Litecoin back in 2013, the main thing I learned from the experience is that if I'd have used the money I spent on mining hardware to just buy the coins themselves I would have made a metric shit-ton more money and saved myself a colossal amount of time and effort.

Mining on 2x GPU's that happen to be in your gaming rig to pay them off is justifiable, any more and you might as well jut buy the fucking coins and hold them, seriously. Not that anyone will listen, however.

How do I start? I have a GTX 970.

This argument fails to consider that if the coin crashes you are left with nothing if you bought coins, if you are mining and selling constantly (every week) if it crashes you can move to other coins or sell/use the equipment + the money you already made.

Buy an RX 480

out of stock everywhere

>implying you can find one right one

AMD gpus are out of stock everywhere thanks to miners. 1070 prices will go the same way soon since they're the next best option

I should spin up my crappy server, has a water cooled 290 and my main rig is a x2 Rx 480 with ryzen.

Etherium wallet sucks though.

Bump

Will prices of RX480s and 580s go down to normal (or lower) after Etherium hype goes down?

probably not until early 2018 when ETH miners get blown the fuck out. Retards like are going to be in for quite the kick in the nuts when ETH switches to POS.

How much cold hard cash are we talking about here?

Well that sucks, i wanted to get my first PC which would include RX580 but now i guess i can go and suck a dick

no, it will go bust by the time I finish syncing

>Implying there aren't other profitable coins to mine.

How does a 1070 stack up to an RX 580?

>You can mine for a week then exchange it for cold hard cash.

Yeah, no. You'd almost certainly get 0 ETH after a week as most pools have pretty high (0.1 or 0.2 ETH) minimum payouts.

Can't get in to my btc wallet to get the initial seed money.

>buggy
Wrong

>DAO

Like?

Dogecoin

Worthless. You can spoof them.

dozens of dollars

Fuck really probably should have done some research before I bought some

for a mere 3,000 in capital costs you too can walk away with ~60 dollars of a highly volatile day-trade 'currency' that'll take you days and sometimes weeks to exchange for USD, all while tripling your electric bill!

>Most pools only pay after 0.1~1 eth
>I'd take 13 days at the earliest, and 137 days at the latest to get paid for farming 24/7 at maximum capacity

Shit.

ethermine has a 0.05 minimum, 0.001 fee for < 1 ether

I'd really like to learn cryptocurrency mining this year and to do that I usually try and get involved in a part of a community. Before I try and take part in a community, I generally look at the Code of Conduct first.

I noted that the Code of Conduct mentions 'gender' but that doesn't really feel like it includes non-binary or agender folk.

I read that RX480/580s get 24-29 MH/s and that 1070s get 27-32MH/s, both depending on overclocks. 1080s are stuck in the low 20s I believe. R9 390/X I think has the best hash rate but higher power usage.

Mine young ones and hold forever, stop when your gaming rig fails to do it efficiently, find newer coin, rinse and repeat. You gain nothing from building an ASIC for just that other than huge electricity bills. Besides there are much more interesting enterprises if you're going to build an ASIC. And if you still insist on wasting electricity for monopoly money, at least focus your NEET powers into actual research like foldingcoin.net/

I'd use the main rig for mining when not doing GPU intensive tasks. You can even browse the web while mining without harming your hashrate. It only really drops if you're watching videos.

>foldingcoin
>pays you shitcoins for running folding@home
sign me up, thanks user

What's up with Zcash? Wouldn't that be more profitable than ETH?

>60915303
I tried, but i feel my single 290 is inadequate for the task. so im trying to sell it instead

Buy $7,000 of rope instead. We have no idea what Vega's mining performance will be like, e.g. the RX 480 has a comparable hash rate to the Fury X despite the Fury X's much greater memory bandwidth.

Also, the 16GB VRAM capacity doesn't matter, the DAG is only about 3GBs big.

>it's pump & dumpers trying to scam people on Sup Forums thread

RX 480/580 is $600+ now m8
Precisely because of cryptominers
GTX 1060/1070 is better now with the faster ROI, but miners are pushing up those prices too now.

Any recommended guides for someone wanting to learn how to mine and knows nothing about crypto-currencies?

How do I start? I got a 1070

Make a wallet, download a miner and join a mining pool

DID ANYONE SAY BUTTCOIN YET?????

Can an intel IGP mine etherium? Maybe, I could make a little side money to buy a dgpu.

I'm dabbling because I like to tinker with hardware.

I haven't got around to reducing memory timings to get 30+Mh/s or reduced voltages to get less than 87W but it's very manageable to leave it on overnight while I sleep in the same room.

Pretty good considering that's only adjusting sliders and the mining specific nvidia 1060's coming out will do only 27MH/s at 120W.

I have a 2500k and didn't see the option, had to do CPU mining on it. I guess it's too old and does not have the right extensions for mining scripts.
Maybe later ones can. Download nicehash and go through the setup and benchmarks to see what it will give you.

It's still a pretty good card for mining. Why would you sell it?

There's a minimum memory requirement for ETH. Not sure what it is but an iGPU wouldn't have enough.

thanks for making my 480 resellable you cucklords

I don't understand how this works, I don't want to get into bit I would like to know how it works.

heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Ethereum-statt-Nebenjob-Anleitung-zum-Geldverdienen-mit-Gaming-PCs-3743725.html

what did they do... well, at least it wasn't the Computer Bild.

Is this method any more profitable than using nicehash or is it just more work for minor gains?

ETH has been stable for like 4 years now. Only altcoin even worth trying desu. I would rather just put a stack of hundreds on my GPU to watch it burn then to mine any other altcoin

started yesterday, did apply a memshift to go from 24 to 25 MH/s though

Been out of the crypto loop for a while, what's this?
How will this be affected by that 1984 bill being proposed?

Mining on an eGPU + T430 :thinking:

yep

free electricity so went with older cards that perform just as well

Holy shit you are downright retarded. Cancel the top two if you still can.

New nVidia cards ROI in under two and a half months, those things will take at least 5 or 6.

290x gets 25-30 mh/s

wtf I just looked this up, how the fuck? My 1070 gets just over that. Ridiculous.

r9 290 was a great card and 390x was just a rebrand. rx 480 performs worse than 390x.

kek ebay thinks people mine bitcoins

Now you know why people call you an nvidiot

>buying cards just for mining
You dumb retards don't realize that profits are going to be lower and lower every day because everyone does that especially once the current bubble bursts and you are stuck with a bunch of useless video cards.

I didn't buy it for mining, I actually play games.

I mined for about 60 hours on a single RX 570, balance still showed 0, though I did buy $50 worth of ethereum during the dip

still gonna be profitable and will have enough gfx power for 4k 60fps gaming when i'm not mining stay mad poorfag no coiner

Buy a console if you only use a PC for gaming

should mine on a pool with 1 card

Why should I mine this shit instead of selling my RX480 and making $400?

GPUs are for gaming you faggot, not mining crypto-shitcoins.

I didn't say only, is this how retarded AMD shills are?

>TFW own an AMD GPU and its price doubled.

cause in a month you could have $150 and still have your 480