Hey Sup Forums recommend me a 40" 4k monitor

Hey Sup Forums recommend me a 40" 4k monitor

Other urls found in this thread:

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm#panel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-illumination
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait until Xmas, you will get 4k HDR 10bit panels with decent panels for sub 1k$.

It's not worth it to buy it right now, desu you should wait for OLED to drop in price and get one of those LG OLEDs, they look incredible.

>always wait never buy

standard Sup Forums advice

The Phillips one is decent, but its not without faults. I'm on my second one because the first one failed a month in and this one has a pair of dead pixels.

Planning to upgrade to the first 40"+ 4320p display with freesync that goes below $1000.

Waiting for the LG 43UD79-B, hope it ain't shit.

Just go to eBay and grab one with DisplayPort.

>LG 43UD79-B
That sounds really good, even has freesync over display port if the comments are to be trusted.
I've really missed having a remote since I replaced my Seiki 39" with the Phillips 40" might be enough to convince me to upgrade.

get the wasabi mango one because of the name

i like the name it is a cute name

i also hear the monitor is decent

It has like a 5 FPS sync range so that's useless but it still sounds pretty good. However I expect ghosting and shit.

I just bought a crossover 324ks, I like it a lot. It is 32", but it is a great panel.

Isn't that a bit small for 4k? Also wtf is up with the product photos, is this for macs?

Panasonic EZW1004

Acer ET430K

It is around 135DPI, which is high for normal stuff, but I didn't have to set up any scaling with Unity to get it to look decent. I have not had any apps misbehave.

Also the stock photo is pretty gey, but they are korean so I give them a break.

name too meme

ugly stand

semi glossy

I'll recommend you this 40" *unzips box*

With a 4k I'd go full VESA-mode if I were you

you might want to turn the brightness down, it looks way too bright, should have same same luminescence as ambient lighting, right now you're looking into a flash light

>luminescence
luminance

lumenhertz

that Philips panel is garbage, it uses low frequency 240hz pwm for brightness control which causes health issues

tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/philips_bdm4065uc.htm#panel

fuck you faggot, go buy a spectrometer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-illumination

Hey anons, thanks! This is much better now. It came default at 50%, I have it back down at 11% now and it really is much better feeling.

I'd rather have that qt instead.

great to hear! most people have brightness way too high, enjoy the monitor

You got it

Meh, looks like I'll be better off with 2x 27" 1440p

But where do you plug your cable in?