Fedora 26 drops next month. Who /hype/ here?

Fedora 26 drops next month. Who /hype/ here?

only you and me, it seems

What is so good about fedora?

*tips*

Already that time?

I am on a minimal install of Ubuntu LTS and see no reason to change, ever.

>sucking the red hat cock
no one is """/hype/""" here except you
>>>/reddit/

Whats so good about minimal, if youre not on server?

nice general opinion, are you the famous Sup Forums hacker?

I can use Ubuntu and have the most available packages. I can use OpenSuse if I want to be different and have a cool gecko as maskot.

I can use Arch or Gentoo if I wanna tinker. There is no reason left to use fedora unless I want to use a distro with associations to fat neckbeards.

Great distro otherwise though. Except how it auto sets your home partition to a tiny percentage. Hopefully they have fixed that in their installer.

Far less bloat, closer to Arch - Ubuntu version than standard Ubuntu flavour. For example, no "snaps" garbage installed. Standard install is made to just werk, so tons of useless services and daemons running on boot to make the desktop experience stress free for the general usebase.

I use OpenSUSE TW, which in my opinion has a much superior tool set (YaST and Zypper) and is a very stable rolling release system. I find very few issues, except codecs which are a bit of a nuisance to get at first if you don't know where to look.

your post makes absolutely no sense, fedora has nothing to do with neckbeards, except for the name, and you pick the size of your home partition like in any other distro

>and you pick the size of your home partition like in any other distro
Not sure about other distros, but Ubuntu installer does not partition /home, you have to do so manually if you desire. And partitioning is outdated with the existence of lvm.

Look, you're a fucking faggot. You're unironically defending garbage like
>systemd
>pulse
>gnome

Ready for it OP

Is Fedora lighter than Debian?
I was thinking about getting Stretch when it drops.

No.

>testing bugs for free
el oh el

your opinion is not ours
not defending or even using it

list other three things, let me know how that works out for (you)

I unironically like gnome after trying unity, kde, xfce, lxde, cinnamon and no de. What do you recommend, you whiny fuck.

>1280x1024
huh, do you like that?

same here, I only need to try KDE, I only experienced it on a live CD

>fidget spinner logo

No DE.

I been having this monitor for over 10 years now so I have been always use to it

can't unsee

OpenBox + tint2 :3

What's new?
Does it finally play mp3 ootb?

>Linux 4.8
lol

>non rolling release model
>2017
Why? Even windows is rolling release now.

Enjoy your endless reboot.
And you too, Arch!

>I can use Ubuntu and have the most available packages

>updating windows
they deserve it

>no official non-free repos
into le ebin it goes

>this thread
>no mention of linux mint

Did people forget how good GNOME 2 was??

Debian 9 drops at the end of this month. All my exitement is channeled into that.

I don't want to run systemD/linux.

>tfw I just dropped Debian

nothing wrong with it, I was just curious to try Fedora

>end of this month.
2 days on the 17th, my dude.

Mint MATE is obsolete. Everyone moved to Ubuntu MATE.

The only thing garbage on that list is GNOME
>wahh wahh everything new is garbage >:(

I can understand like pulse, but liking systemd?

this happened to my moms desktop

I'm mean seriously people here are shilling Gentoo and arch what do you expect

What's wrong with systemd?

>what is wrong with micropenis
Nothing its fine

I really don't understand.
Almost all popular distro use it by default.
What I should install instead of systemd?
bigpenisd?

>xml configuration
absolutely fucking disgusting

who is this boner condoner?

I'm excited, especially since boxes might finally add GPU passthrough support.

systemd, pulse and gnome are all fantastic though. systemd is fast as fuck, pulse works well and lets you do cool mixing stuff, and gnome is sleek and fast on good systems.

Gnome. Version?

Looks neat. I use it at work. Everyone at my company uses Fedora on their PCs because management (correctly) sees Windows as a security threat and unneeded expense. Fedora is excellent for business stuff, but I have a few problems with it that prevent me from using it at home.
>bloated
>shit battery life on laptops
>no software (if something is available you have to fucking compile everything)
Also, typing "yum" to manage your packages sounds gay.

Systemd is useful, Pulse audio is good enough, and no one is forcing you to use Gnome. There are better options like XFCE, Awesome WM, MATE, etc.

>those icons
Just grab an OS X image, install it in QEMU, and use the real icons.

Nice black sun icon though.

Topkek.

I get decent battery life on my laptop with fedora, make sure you have the latest kernel though because 4.7 and 4.8 fucked battery life. All the recent versions of fedora use dnf for package management not yum.

>sleek
>600MB
may as well use windows

It tries to become the first Overmind of Linux thanks to Lennart

>no gapless playback
dankest meme ever xD

But the university has terminated the MP3 license, so maybe this will be in Fedora 26 or 27.

how about you just use a good distro?

Fedora has a good corporate backing so you don't need to go around begging everyone to use it to keep it alive.
Not sure if I'll switch to Mint kde or not though.

Red Hat light

>hurr don't use Arch, it's a distro for script kiddies wanting to show off how leet they are for following a guide
>durr rolling release is unstable and breaks shit if you don't update for more than a day
>install Fedora since it's the biggest distro that's not an Ubuntu-like
>no proprietary Nvidia drivers
>add RPMfusion repos, an alternative package list that's not autistic about muh freedumz
>proprietary Nvidia driver causes a kernel panic because someone fucked something upstream and now it's fucked
>reinstall and stick with the open-source one, surprisingly it's pretty good and you can play vidya on it though not as well as on the official one
>the library packages are differently named than in every other distro, but that's ok
>packages are way more granular, the Noto fonts each have their own package for serif, sansserif, Armenian, Oriya, etc
>I guess that's okay if you want to be really strict and minimal with what you download and install, but it's a pain in the ass
>fast-forward to today
>want to do some advanced meme-making in Blender
>Blender loads every video file, regardless of format, as an empty transparent 256x256 square with 0 frames and no audio
>because Fedora's version of Blender is compiled without support for FFMPEG because FFMPEG is capable of handling formats that don't respect your freedumbz, and that's bad

I'm fucking done. I'm going back to Arch. At least it has software and [spoiler]just works[/spoiler] unless you have really esoteric hardware [spoiler] fuck Silicon Integrated Systems and every GPU they have made, yo [/spoiler].

C D E
D
E

I am.

Shut up, NSA.

Fedora is way better than Ubuntu and the rest of 'em sort-of-good distros but it's like an open secret.

Not really now that Devuan has been officially released, I always used Fedora because I hated the way Debian's SJW political views always came up but Devuan is completely professional, they even have a 'no code of conduct'.

i'm new to linux and i'm using the fedora with qubes. its taken some time to get used to it but i could never go back to windows besides having a windows box for gaymen only.

Isn't Qubes still running Fedora 23?

i have manually upgraded it to 24. but thats as far as it goes for now.

You would have thought a security based distribution would keep up to date.

Fedora is also NSA honey pot.