Google's Pixel Tablet

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2016/08/27/taskbar-lets-enable-freeform-mode-android-nougat-without-root-adb/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Tablet in the name
Should be self explanatory.

iPads are selling well tho

haha, thanks for reminding me these actually exist.

What was google thinking.

Daily reminder that it uses a Tegra CPU

Apple in the name.

>ChromeOS isn't ready yet, fuck! What do we do?!
>>Just throw Android on it, just as good right?
>But we promised 24 hour charge time! All the features from the Tetra X1 are fucking worthless Now!
>>Android It is!

>android tablet
>2-in-1 android tablet
It's bad as a tablet and even worse as a laptop.
Windows tablet and iPad have at least one side to shine.

> Android
> on a Tablet
literally huge horrible stretched smartphone apps

Is it worth for portability?

i don't understand. What's wrong with tegra? looks fine.

What is so special about a "Pixel" tablet anyways? Don't all tablets have pixels in them?

>Android on a tablet
There's literally no point in pushing this if they're just going to rely on stretched up phone software

Sure would be nice if developers took tablets into account when making their shitty apps.

i don't understand, how hard can it be? Is there not financial incentive?

Dunno, I'm not an app developer.
Can't be that hard to account for a larger screen if you can account for various DPIs though, a decent tablet interface doesn't have to be much different from a phone. Just don't blow it all up to stupid sizes and show more content on the screen.

>Android
>Trying to be a productivity device
That's what wrong.
Recently I've tried to do anything productive on a fucking android device, wanted to do some programming, simple 3D moddeling, and... I could not. It's shit. Android is a system for taking photos and liking asses on tinder, nothing more.

not now that they have free floating windows in nougat

Free floating windows doesn't change that much. What it needs is a better way to switch apps, like a dock/taskbar/panel/whatever you want to call it.
Or at the very least redesign the app switcher. Fucking Windows Phone 10 does it better than Android.

there is a taskbar app androidpolice.com/2016/08/27/taskbar-lets-enable-freeform-mode-android-nougat-without-root-adb/

Oh, nice. Seems like it's somewhat half baked though, but I'll check it out.

Upon further investigation, this works very well. Thanks user.