Why do Europeans think they have freedom of speech?

Why do Europeans think they have freedom of speech?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c8RcDKK_2yQ
youtu.be/owB2IzQzE7w
theguardian.com/world/2015/may/07/dutch-activist-faces-jail-for-royal-insult-under-19th-century-law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
esdiario.com/982041480/Podemos-oculta-el-salvaje-ataque-de-su-concejal-violento-a-una-mujer-embarazada.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because we know that we don't have to worry about getting assassinated or secretly sent to prison for life if we say something that could damage the reputation of those few on the top? You do realise that your country is probably one of the worst places on earth to practise free speech right? You guys imprison and torture people based on their fucking surname, while ISIS requires you to break some silly law to deserve that.

Europe might not be perfect, but compared to the US we're much there.

I seriously hope your post is just a troll, otherwise you must be seriously brainwashed to believe that american citizens have any freedom left.

>Because we know that we don't have to worry about getting assassinated or secretly

Here you get a beating/murdering in public and nothing happens.Only if the aggressor be a SJW. I'd give evidence, but I doubt you speak Spanish

>be American
>get suspected of terrorism
>no court warrants required to search home
>get send to jail without trial
>get send to a torture camp on an island

Wish I had these freedoms

>things that never happens

state violence is not the same as social conformity

just because you don't get arrested for saying something doesn't mean people won't outwardly or secretly object

Nah, you'll just get assassinated by another Norwegian.
I bet it's really easy to get a job if you advertise your xenophobic and intolerant beliefs, too.

I know, instead you're just a breeding ground for terrorists.
The Dagestan of Europe.

"Belgium guarantees freedom of speech and of the press, although it is illegal to deny the Holocaust and "offensive language" can incur a fine"

>be belgian
>get fined+tip for saying "The holocaust was just a fucking prank"

>patriot act
>free
>choose one

guess there are not Americans in guantanamo then

>soe nowadays

The Dutch parliament has absolute freedom of speech.

But outside of parliament you have to keep your mouth shut.

Why is that so? Or is that a slight exaggeration?

Shit mang, I'm not allowed to deny the holocaust in public, man I wish I was free like those Americans

Are you voting Democrat or Republican? And in 4 years? Another party pe... oh yea

t. Brussels, just imagine if the city with the biggest amount of Muslims/blacks/immigrants was your capital so everyone made fun of you, wish we'd just dump them

Is that that girl that just got shot in Orlando?

Here is a joke about it:
American and russian talk having a conversation
-We have freedom of speech — says american
-How it is? — russian asks
-I can go to the White House and say "president is a faggot"
-But I can go to Red Square and say "american president is faggot" too

>Implies he doesn't get shot for saying allahu Akbar in a gay bar in Florida

>I bet it's really easy to get a job if you advertise your xenophobic and intolerant beliefs, too.
The fuck?
You do realise the same freedom that gives you the freedom to be xenophobic gives the employer freedom to not to hire someone like that because it would most likely be harmful for their brand.
Freedom of speech does not strip you away from responsibilities.

Without "talk".

more lik
>things you've never heard of yet
>government now officially can issue gag orders that prevent you from even talking to your own lawyer about what happened. probably just a coincidence

>Another party pe... oh yea
Libertarians, greens, reform party, hell, we even have a communist party. All six of them get together and jerk each other off.

>I'm not allowed to deny the holocaust in public, man I wish I was free like those Americans
It's an example of an incurrment on your supposed right to free speech. In your next post, please acknowledge that you do not have the freedom of speech.
>Are you voting Democrat or Republican? And in 4 years? Another party pe... oh yea
Not sure what this has to do with anything we're discussing. Please stay on topic and start a new thread if you want to discuss another subject

>be european
>ban hate speech
>get arrested for insulting islam and denying the holocaust

Freedom of speech is far superior here

>implying there are gaybars exist in Florida which haven't been destroyed by rednecks

No, it's real. Wilders is in trial for comments he made outside of parliament. So Wilders joked he should quote things he said himself inside of parliament to be able to say them.

>Shit mang, I'm not allowed to deny the holocaust in public, man I wish I was free like those Americans
Not supporting it, but I don't think you understand what freedom of speech entails.

>We have other parties too :^)

In theory maybe.
If you want to establish a national party in the Netherlands you only need 0,7% of the national votes.

And in your country you need 50% of a state .

Which is more fair?

Do you have the other parts of the document?

youtube.com/watch?v=c8RcDKK_2yQ

It's genial bait.
1)Draw allah having lewd activities with muhamad
2)Hire SWAT to "protect you"
3)Loot bodies of killed islamists.

In the Netherlands you can say anything as long as you have a good argument and it isn't about denying history.

Can you really be free when you're trapped inside 250 lbs of fat

Can you ?

You just can't incite hatred, also Geert Wilders didn't just make a joke it was purpously on the edge of the law to get publicity.
About everything can be said though if you don't phrase it like an edgetard.

Not true desu. Denying history is allowed if it's not part of hate speech.

Kek

Only if you are 500 lbs.

youtu.be/owB2IzQzE7w

theguardian.com/world/2015/may/07/dutch-activist-faces-jail-for-royal-insult-under-19th-century-law

>go to America
>Get told you can say anything
>9/11 is done by the Christian god
>Get shot
>Dead body gets send to prison in Cuba
>Family gets debt of 2 trillion dollars for "raping women's ears with sound waves"

Are Eastern Europeans considered European?

sacrebleu!

He didn't get a punishment dipshit

You are allowed to say 9/11 was done by a Christian God though. There's actually a group of people, the Westboro Baptist Church, who hang around schools telling children this exact thing. They're protected by the government

>MAYO CLINIC

He was still arrested dipshit.

The fact that you can go to trial over it shows you have no free speech.

I can burn a koran and hold a sign saying all muslims fuck goats.

Try doing that in your progressive cuckhole

who is that semen demon?

Dude seems pretty based. Were the death threats due to his comments on Islam and Morocco?

Because he was told not to do it and he still did it.

Okay, okay, But you know what? Many of the attackers are members of leftist parties.

I don't see why it's so bad to keep moronic free speech in check, over here we're adults we don't go and fling verbal poopoo at people.

No, that was a police error, you know that things that gets people killed in your country.

>I don't see why it's so bad to keep moronic free speech in check
If morons don't have the right to prove that they're morons, then you don't have free speech.

Meme all you want. Hate speech is still free speech. Anytime somebody in your country talks shit about pisslam they are investigated for inticing hatred.

Get better freedom faggot

>Freedom of speech is also sometimes limited to so-called free speech zones, which can take the form of a wire fence enclosure, barricades, or an alternative venue designed to segregate speakers according to the content of their message. There is much controversy surrounding the creation of these areas – the mere existence of such zones is offensive to some people, who maintain that the First Amendment makes the entire country an unrestricted free speech zone.[12] Civil libertarians often claim that Free Speech Zones are used as a form of censorship and public relations management to conceal the existence of popular opposition from the mass public and elected officials.[12] The Department of Homeland Security under the Bush Administration "ha[d] even gone so far as to tell local police departments to regard critics of the War on Terrorism as potential terrorists themselves."[13][14]

AMERICANS WILL DEFEND THIS

You have the same limitations, the wikipedia article on your limitations might be of intrest: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

Your definition of "right of the people peaceably to assemble" is also nice. People may assemble, but the police can attack you at any moment if they want to.

I also find it funny how you score 41st in the press freedom index, between Slovenia and Burkina Faso. 7 out of the top 10 are European.

But these SJW types are the ones getting beat up/murdered from starting these fights?

>be American
>be prohibited by law to teach evolution

No we don't.

Threatening violence is not overed under the 1a
Saying that you wish all mudalimes would be niked and mohammed was a pedo is.

You can prove your a moron even without inflamitory comments, but Americans simply don't understand practicality. You can make your point in any way you want, that's all that matters.

I guess it's about how you phrase things.
So if you say something that unintentionally starts some shit, you can't really be held liable?

Why do people think that Freedom of Speech = Criticizing the government? Freedom of speech means you are free to say anything without worrying about any repercussions, something which Europe lacks due to the horrible cult of political correctness.

freedom of speech is overrated t bh

Aha I see you have missed my post, let me redirect you there

>Threatening violence
Only credible threats.
I can say, "gosh, just kill all Muslims" all day long because nobody takes me seriously.
It's when it shifts to "I have a 9mm, and a .45 and I'm going to the mosque and killing everybody, and then myself" that it becomes illegal.

Well, he has been getting death threats since 2004. Mostly from Muslims, but also from leftists. So probably.

The SJW here and commit crimes and have legal immunity, there are 1 million people accused of being sexist, Plus they are at all levels of government. Believe me, the EU sometimes borders on dictatorship in Spain it does daily.

esdiario.com/982041480/Podemos-oculta-el-salvaje-ataque-de-su-concejal-violento-a-una-mujer-embarazada.html

Use google traductor. It is an article about how a political SJW beats up a pregnant woman

This is why I love eastern yurop, not 3rd world, but no sjw, no immigrants no muh feels

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions
kek, It's basically the same as in western yurop

Inflammatory comments are free speech.

Cry more bitch nigger

To add: the anti-Islamic opposition leader before him, Pim Fortuyn, was assassinated right before the elections he was going to become Prime Minister. By a left wing activist in 2002.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn

It is precisely the same. Neither Europe nor Murrica has full freedom of speech. The difference is that they keep denying it.

>I HAVE FREE SPEECH GUYS :^)

sure, OK.
Believe what you want to.

>there are east yuropoor countries that rank higher on the press freedom index then burgercuckistan

>the anti-Islamic opposition leader before him, Pim Fortuyn, was assassinated right before the elections he was going to become Prime Minister.

USA nuke us NOW.

Yep

Brb burning a koran on my front lawn

>I am free just because I can tell people to fuck off

>we have freedom
You don't even have the freedom to leave the US and become an independent state.

Why should I believe you?

No just that hate speech is protected here

Jesus christo. I apologize for my country kickstarting the SJW movement.

You are a SJW? All nice! You aren´t a SJW? All bad...

>Freedom to shoot people
>Freedom to psychology make people feel miserable and hurt.
>Freedom to accuse someone of rape because he looked at your knee for 3 seconds
>Freedom to get a free trip to Cuba for 300years and not return even if you are proven innocent

We've got these rules.

>Artikel 137c Sr stelt strafbaar om het zich in het openbaar beledigend uit te laten over een groep wegens hun ras, godsdienst of levensovertuiging, seksuele gerichtheid of handicap;
No purposfully offending people the the basis or religion, race, ideology, sexual orientation or handicap in public.

>Artikel 137d Sr bevat een verbod tot het in het openbaar aanzetten tot discriminatie, haat of geweld tegen leden van groepen vanwege bovengenoemde kenmerken en ook vanwege geslacht;
Can't incite discrimination, hate or violence against groups of people of 137c.

>Artikel 137e Sr verbiedt het openbaar maken, verspreiden of ter verspreiding in voorraad hebben van publicaties met een dergelijke inhoud. Ook ongevraagde toezending valt hieronder.
Can't distribute stories of the above.

Crudely translated, but the point is that if you don't go out to offend you're fine. Also even if you offend purposly you can of course say you didn't mean it or it was meant differently. In practice you won't just get dragged to court that's the point.
Also in practice no Islam critics or anything suddenly get arrested unless purposely he looks to see how far he can go, you can even say Mohammed fucked children or anything like that.

I supposse a case can be made in theory that the laws go too far but really in practicallity barely anybody is harmed (I'm being specific here I'm sure out of the 17 million people dozen people might get in trouble or something like that) so nobody cares.

>the irony of euroslaves coming to an American website protected by the first amendment and trying to insult American freedom of speech when their own governments consider insulting speech to be a criminal offense

Go out in front of the white house and scream the president is a worthless nigger faggot and see how protected your hate speech is.

i dont think so

but you either

>to insult American freedom of speech
You have 100 percent the freedom to insult a concept.

Legalbro here. You can say whatever you want about the Islam. Because you aren't attacking people if you attack an idea.

And in the entire EU you have the right to "shock, offend and disturb". But somehow German, British and sometimes even our courts seem to forget that.