How close are we to cybernetic eyes? Will they be better than the eyes we have now?

How close are we to cybernetic eyes? Will they be better than the eyes we have now?

Other urls found in this thread:

secondsight.com/g-the-argus-ii-prosthesis-system-pf-en.html
eyedesignoptometry.com/bionic-lens/
eyedesignoptometry.com/bionic-lens-update-2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

isnt there some kind of implant for eyes already, supposedly able to improve sight 3x

still in trials, will come to market in 2-3 years in euope, then 2 more years for the us

We need to get the battery tech to improve about 100 fold. Limbs are easy to charge with a USB plug can't do that with eyes.

You don't need to charge eyes

what?
source?
you're not just talking about some new lasik alternative or something

I would like a source as well.

ghost in the shell here we come bois

Very, very, far away.

We're talking 30 years at best.

That's a lens that replaces your biological lens

They give them to people who have cataracts.

Isn't there surgery to fix that anyway?

Are we closer to eye transplants than Cybernetic eyes?

Fuck robo eyes, I want it to go further. I wanna put my brain in the robot like some GiTS type shit.

>any year
>wanting a lithium battery in your eye

For people missing one or both eyes, they don't have a choice.

>implying they can't choose not to see

How can they choose if they have no eyes? Ask me for help?

I just want to browse Sup Forums and post using my mind while doing boring shit like jogging

with a hot enough spoon, you too can choose not to see

I'm not gonna stick one of those corp's property in my body

Why don't use the brain electricity?
Energy efficiency would need to be perfect tho

We're just now starting to be able to give blind people the ability to see. In that regard, cybernetic eyes are much better than the originals they replaced.

Replacing a perfectly good eye? It'd have to be fucking magical in order for me to go through with the surgery.

Seriously, X-ray vision eyes so I can see nudies or nothing.

So run a cable from the eyes to a charge port elsewhere.

Doesn't quite work like that.

>get surgery to look like same boring old me
OR
>get a deus ex eye that allows me to see ultra violet lights , xray and vibrate thru walls

Fuck eyes. I want those cyberbrain autistic cable things they used GitS. I hate trying to talk over people and I can think much faster than I can speak.

My left eye is modified for night vision.

In b4 user says I was born with a defect.

I want dog-grade ears so I can hear my 192/24-bit music properly.

>eye that allows me to see ultra violet lights
That is possible today but not a good idea in practice.

Found your brother

Here's something you can buy today

how does this affect your vision?

> Here's something you can buy today
secondsight.com/g-the-argus-ii-prosthesis-system-pf-en.html

kek

Daylight is sensitive so I keep it shut, but in low-light I can make out shapes and silhouettes.

Plus come'on user how cool do it really look?

It's not a fancy bio-hack but it works...

Is your pupil fucked up or is that just the coloration of the iris?

how to achieve this on my own eyes?

Where did you purchase your night vision eye?

Long after we get more SmartGlassesā„¢ that do similar stuff.

You should get it fixed.

Nuclear battery, just like in pacemakers

Surgery removed a whole chunk of iris to let in more light..
My Brother did it for me..
No.

I'd guess more than 50 years.
Despite the whole futurology news we might even never get cybernetic eyes which can outperform our biological eyes.

The moment you have to sever the optical nerve to attach something else is when you lose all functionality.

Also forgot to say that the more interesting thing to look out for are in vitro grown eyes which are gene modified with crispr. And regenerative medicine of course.

There are a few improvements that immediately comes to mind that would benefit a lot and probably be safe (as in "what could possibly go wrong?")

- first off, many have a remains of the string connecting the lens to the retina, obstructing the vision. It is a disqualifying feature if you want to become a fighter pilot. It has no practical use after birth and should go.

- the lens and possibly also the vitreous body accumulates proteins over time rendering the optical path foggy in a large fraction of the population. This is uncomfy and should go.

- over time the lens stiffens, leading to the need for multiple glasses. Again this does not affect all but should go.

Retard

Nah, I have a pretty good job for a retard tho.

Before GitS we had Molly Millions.

Better question is when will we get option to transfer our brain in to robotic loli body?

Better start hoarding Neuropozyne, lads!

are you unable to focus now?

Not in our lifetime.

>wanting the botnet to see through your eyes

Yes. It is a very common routine operation that takes just minutes. And as part of the operation you remove the old lens and insert a new one.

These days you can get a lens with a focus adapted so you don't need glasses, but you typically have to chose either for distance or reading, and then use glasses for the other. The artificial lens is relatively soft so you get some accommodation which can be better than what you had.

eyedesignoptometry.com/bionic-lens/

Still in trials

eyedesignoptometry.com/bionic-lens-update-2017/

>he wants to install botnet onto his VISION
J U S T
U
S
T