Help a tech noobie out plz. Microsoft claims that the Xbox X can do 4K 60 fps and it only costs 500 dollars at launch...

Help a tech noobie out plz. Microsoft claims that the Xbox X can do 4K 60 fps and it only costs 500 dollars at launch. That seems way to good to be true what could the catch be? My theory is that texture quality is garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x?&ocid=PORTALS_SEM_google_x box&cid=PORTALS_SEM_google_x box
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you may not notice bad quality textures in your tv. another possibility is that it handles high quality textures. not like pc, but good enough

I would say your theory is right. They can't just pull gpu's out of their asses. They're selling a whole xbox for half the price of a 4k GPU alone.

i have 55 in 4k.... so i'll probably notice.
Yeah, I want to get a Gtx 1080 ti at 700 but if the X can do it for cheaper...... I miss pc gaming but I also don't want to spend more money than I have to.

I see some up-sampling in your future

output res != render res

OP here I don't understand that shit.

It will actually run at 20 fps

I mean that's what I'm assuming will happen, but they keep touting that it will be 4K 60fps.

draw distance is ass

ooooh i hadn't thought of that. Good thinking.

Up to 60 FPS doesn't mean all games will be 60fp. Im sure minecraft or whatever will run that well.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess we won't know until the game launches. Something though that didn't make sense to me reading the specs. How is an 8 core process only 2.3HZ? It says it has 12 GB DDR5 memory but then says the gpu is six terraflops or some shit, this doesn't make sense.

the main site i'm referencing if anyone wants.

xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x?&ocid=PORTALS_SEM_google_x box&cid=PORTALS_SEM_google_x box

If it's 4k 60fps it's going to be heavily downgraded visuals. That's the catch.

Yeah that's what I'm suspecting as well.

They all seem like console plebs, plus this is a hardware/tech discussion.

The 4k is upscaled from 1080p

Oh yeah, I forgot about up-scaling.

How many times do you have to be lied to and disappointed in the end for you to learn?

Going by Microsofts strategy lately I'm suspicious. I would suspect them taking some losses on hardware costs with the expectation of making it up in advertising, data collection, market transactions, subscription fees and so on. I wouldn't be shocked if they had a few overpriced peripherals lined up for release down the road, either.

They did offer Windows 10 for (((free))), after all.