Why is there so much hate for Arch on this board?

Why is there so much hate for Arch on this board?

install gentoo faggot

This board brought hatred upon itself. And Arch was and and continues to be a major part of the problem.

They're mad they don't have AUR and the best damn wiki for linux

Meme's dead, boy.

Worth it for AUR alone
Goodbye ppas!

Arch broke way less on updates for me then ubuntu. ubuntu died everytime when they witched version numbers. Arch broke once when i didnt update pacman in time and that was compeltly my fault

its a distro for 16yo skiddies

I've been using it for 5 months. Never had a problem. Also, AUR is awesome.
If you wanna try Arch, please use an arch installer script. There's little benefit if you to it manually, and you're probably gonna break things.

Fucking pleb. How do you learn if you never even try to set it up yourself? Setting it up, breaking it and starting again or trying to debug the break is the best way to learn.

> There's little benefit if you to it manually --
kek
if you do it manually you can choose what packages you want to install, instead of letting some crappy installer to make decisions for you. if you want to have out-of-box os, then you should install ubuntu or mint.

But what if I prefer Pacman + AUR + Arch repos?

then you should learn to install arch. you wont be able to maintain your system, if you refuse to learn.

Look into arch-anywhere. It's really minimal and asks you what to install.
I installed it the first time by myself using the wiki beginners guide, but when I had to do it the second time, I just couldn't bother.

Mostly because it's popular among ricers

honestly i just like it because it gives me a clean slate to work with, and choose what I want to use for my liking.

Does Arch break that often?
Should I use Manjaro if I want more stability?

No.
Manjaro is a an insecure, shitty meme.

manjaro has had some security issues in the past (they forgot to renew their web site's SSL cert) and arch is stable enough for desktop use.

>out-of-box OS
You mean not-up-to-date buggy shit like every ubuntu LTS?
I tried, installed Antergos and never looked back.
"Stable" meme needs to die, just as Debian stable and every not rolling release distros.

>if you do it manually you can choose what packages you want to install
No, you can't.
pacstrap /mnt base base-devel

I guess I will give up on Arch then
I don't want the possibility of things breaking for no reason

Pacstrap accepts any list of packages or groups, you're not required to install the whole base group.

but you can
use pacsrap -i /mnt base base-devel

there is nothing good about arch linux, it's not "minimal" or "elegant", it's half baked and offloads the maintainer's incompetence onto the users. it's always the user's fault that the maintainers are fuckups that never check their releases, it's LOL rolling release ima compile shit and hope nothing breaks YOLO. The AUR is the best example of the shit state the Linux ecosystem is in right now. It's a mountain of abandoned half assed scripts that everyone copypastes without a thought, unless it breaks then people blindly tweak it.

All in all, arch linux is a pile of trash and the AUR is a garbage fire. Arch linux is for people who are too dumb to make debian/rpm packages by hand but think they are too good for ubuntu/debian/fedora.

inb4 archskid asspain.

I could make debian/rpm packages, but making PKGBUILDs is far easier.

They don't though
I've been on arch for ~2 years and never had something critical break from a -Syu