GTX 1050 Ti

Have any of you had any experience with this card? Thinking of pairing it with an overclocked Q6700

just get the 1060 6gb

Good card and you will get most of it with your CPU, anything higher than that will return to you null benefit.

No experience with it but my understanding is that it's designed for use in small computers. That tells me it's only cost efficient if you've got a small computer.

Sounds a bit of a waste with your current CPU OP, almost sure I'd read that CPU bottlenecks anything faster than a 460/1050gt.

If you have the necessary pcie power connectors a used 970 is more cost-effective.

i'm using this card in my recently built pc and i don't even understand why would someone pay more for a gpu. playing everything on max settings, emulating etc

It was alright
But I sent it back because I could find the same performance with old and used high power cards at half the price

OP Here
The CPU is normally overclocked to 3.07 GHz

In terms of gaming It pairs up well with i3 6100 and fx6300 tier processors. Anything above those tiers are a waste of CPU powah. Other than that if it weren't for gaming it just another nvidia gpu, a low wattage one.

It's an excellent card, but it's easily bottlenecked by even powerful cpu. Pair it with a i7 7770k.

Most of the posts in this thread are kind of disjointed, and some are outright intel shills.

The 1050Ti is a powerful card in the context of your existing platform. Honestly I think it's actually overkill for a Q6700. But it's not that much of overkill, it'll do fine if you turn the resolution up.

That looks fucking retarded. I'm sure Vega is going to be a huge shit, but at the very least it will bring tasteful astethics back to gfx cards.

that's just the reference design that nobody can buy. I personally think EVGA and Gigabyte offer the best cooler designs

too powerful, get a 460 or 1050 and save the rest for a better computer

Kil yourself Sup Forumsermin. Nobody except you and other menchildern allow the 'aesthetics' to dictation over functionality.

That is a 1050

I too can see pictures, did you read thread title?

But that design has no functionality either. Putting a blower-style fan on a card that short would be fucking retarded and leave almost no room for the heatsink.

>powah
Tech city?

ah TI, missed that.
turns out i am the blind one lol

why stop there? just get titan xp

That tasteless gamurr design is made for Sup Forumsirgins you idiot

i have it paired with i5 4460 3.4ghz. i dont do heavy gaming and i dont mind lowering the details a little bit. that being said i wish it was just a little bit faster, i've yet to overclock it.

Nope I don't buy poorfag trash.

ok good for you what was the point of saying anything if it didn't contribute to the conversation

i dont have that card, but i have a really budget build and my card is worse than yours so i can give some insight as to how it might perform. my system is:
pentium g4560
rx460 4gb
8gb ram
1tb hdd
128gb ssd

GAMES:
>GTA V medium-high @ 1080p - lowest 25ish, mostly in the 40s and 50s
>mankind divided medium @ 1080p - lowest 20ish, mostly in 30s-40s
>witcher 3 all medium, textures ultra @ 1080p - lowest 20ish, mostly in 50s-60s. can get higher if i lower textures
>any popular multiplayer game (league, overwatch, rocket league etc) i can run on high and maintain 60fps stable
>gamecube emulation i get 60fps with 16x texture filtering and anti-aliasing off @ 1080p

i know its not the exact answer you're looking for but i hope it helps

Why? A used 980 is around the same price as a 1050ti

A cry for attention, like every tripfag post.

It seems this doesn't need to be connected to a PSU. The other day I picked up some recent-ish prebuilt off the side of the road, it came with 7 but whoever owned it upgraded it to 10. Anyway, can basic bitch parts handle this card? I need something to tide me over until I can afford a build.

What parts are in it? It needs an at least 300W PSU

The cpu's an an AMD Athlon II, PSU is exactly 300.

Try a GT 1030. It's 70$

Wow that thing's adorable, I'll check it out, thanks.

If all you do is play single player games and low physics mp like cod and cs etc, you can easily get a better gpu than a 1050.
Only cpu limited games like newer big multiplayers will hold him back with a better gpu.

If you do want to play cpu intensive games, get some cheap ryzen setup. Quad cores without hyperthreading is just barely hanging on, even newer ones wil have very limited life.

Sup g

This is a $200 gaming pc

that's similar to my PC. what's the CPU

i5-3470
3.2ghz quad core ivy bridge

that is in no way similar to my PC lol
How well does that run?

Pretty great desu

>i5-3470
>GTX 1050Ti
>4 dimms of RAM
>optical drive
>HDD
>PSU
>case

>This is a $200 gaming pc

No it's not.

$125 video card
$75 Craigslist desktop

It literally is a $200 gaming pc. Actually I think the card was like $123

>desktop with i5-3470 found on Craiglist for $75

Damn! Good find!

Also 8gb ram and a 2tb hdd
Also it's so clean I'm pretty sure it was never used. Dude had ten of them

I bet they were used, he probably got them from a business that was upgrading their systems.

If it's used, either he is the most meticulous case cleaner on the planet or these were used in a laboratory. There isn't a speck of dust in the case, even in the heatsinks or on the back of fan blades

You do know how easy it is to clean a computer with an air compressor, right?

Damn! That's a really cute graphic card (>w

I wish NVIDIA released the reference cooler that looks sexy as fuck

I would have made him an offer for all ten of them.

What mobo are you running?

Because you could possibly get FAR more out of your system if it's 771 compatible.

kek

Derp.

It's not a feasible design for a real cooler. The fan would be directly over the core, leaving no room for a heatsink. That's why blower-style coolers are always a certain length, even if the PCB itself is short.

maybe you're right but it looks cool as hell

cs is way more about cpu than gpu brother.

That's a cute meme, but I don't think a CPU exists that will run csgo maxed out at 1080p and 60fps on its own. If it does exist, it's probably more than a $130 bandaid you that can do that.

Yeah but most people who play CS seriously aim for 300fps+

Jesus

lowers input lag, plus most people have 144hz

The human eye can't see above 3.5gb

While we're on the topic of tiddy-bitty graphic cards.

What is the most powerful card that doesn't require external power?

...1050ti

Pulls 75w max

The 1050 Ti

what about amd?

AMD uses substantially more power for the same or worse performance

That said, is your concern that your PSU isn't powerful enough or that you do that have a 6 pin? You can get a molex or sata to 6 pin if your PSU can power the board.

yeah I did that for a 780 when my PSU didn't have an 8 pin port.
unfortunately the card didn't work

>That said, is your concern that your PSU isn't powerful enough or that you do that have a 6 pin? You can get a molex or sata to 6 pin if your PSU can power the board.
Hypothetical question really, i'm not going shopping anyday soon.

Should I get this one or the rx560?

Wait.. Are you running XP?

I'm not sure if Nvidia even have driver for XP

If I were in XP you couldn't see the wallpaper

1050 ti. AMD cards are being bought up ( I don't know if the lower tier cards are included) and the 1050 ti is older so prices will be lower.

Is... is this bait?

That design doesn't exist retard.