So Amazon just bought Wholefoods for 13.7 B

What does this mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NrmMk1Myrxc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2-iMz479o
youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amazon is creepy as fuck

whole foods is gay hipster shit anyway. they were losing at their own game, selling overpriced organic GMO free politically coorect groceries, until now.

Whole Foods is the yahoo of grocery stores

Do they need the warehouse space or what? Can I get my honey soaked water bread delivered by drone?

Is this to trial that Amazon go tech?

>he doesn't shop at Whole Foods

lel, enjoy your shitty Safeway food

sprouts and trader joes are both better

farmers market too

I already have access to Amazon fresh delivery. So I guess they're looking to expand this market segment.

It means night-night Walmart

Amazon is creeping me out. They're going to get bigger than google.

seriously? only old people shop at sprouts and all of the food at trader joes is expired

fuck off to reddit you stupid fag
GMOs are nonfree software

>as if they aren't getting bigger by the minute

I dont go on reddit fuckboy. I do all my shitposting exlusively on Sup Forums. been that way since 2008 (still a newfag)

Genius move

Amazon now has hundred of distribution nodes in wealthy upper income areas.

They will now be able to accept cash payments for amazon orders, offer pickup discounts like walmart does and save massively on prime shipping costs.

I live in the country, do not remember the last time I bought produce in a grocery store. Farmer's markets are awesome and 1/4th the price.

Why now thought?

>organisms are software

>Amazon now has hundred of distribution nodes in wealthy upper income areas.
Can confirm, I live a mile away from one of the wealthiest communities in the nation and there is a whole foods about 1/2 mile in that direction I go to occasionally which is always full of rich white trophy wives.

Porsches and teslas litter the parking lot

my fucking god you cringy autistic child

>Amazon now has hundred of distribution nodes in wealthy upper income areas
this could help implement drone delivery program
It must have more to do with long-term/future business strategies than hippie food crap

>whole foods is gay hipster shit anyway. they were losing at their own game, selling overpriced organic GMO free politically coorect groceries
You have to be 18 to post here.

youtu.be/NrmMk1Myrxc

They're likely going to use whole foods data to help in predicting what foods to market to shoppers as they browse and additionally probably set up a grocery delivery system. Now that amazon is in on the game, the grocery store is as good as dead in the next decade or two. We will only have big distribution centers in each city, like a Costco or Sams Club, but bigger, and they'll mail food out to everyone.

They're already as big or potentially bigger than google. Damn near everyone hosts their sites on their AWS cloud servers and makes extensive use of their miscellaneous services. Now I don't know if they are actively using that data, but they literally have physical access to pretty much data on everything ranging from government records and school records to web forum posting histories and the like. Though admittedly, all of this data is broken up by website instead of by client IP address or user for those sites.

t. gluten free hipster

Overpriced food delivered to the door of upper middle class neighborhoods. Larger selection of the rarer items.

Amazon will create new algorithms to figure what to stock now that their stock expires?

They are going to take over all shipping and warehousing of everything basically.

Maybe they were busy before? Maybe Whole Foods stock fell?

Food delivery via drone

Not a match made in heaven, as far as I can tell. I find the buyout fucking baffling.

whole foods stocks a few items that are worth getting, namely dry aged steaks, but anything packaged is garbage and their produce is expensive/overrated.

This sounds fucking horrible, what happened to good old Mom and Pop shops.

>their produce is expensive/overrated
Due to shitty management and stocking/ distribution issues

>what happened to good old Mom and Pop shops
Regulations happened. Minimum wage happened. In the US it's now basically impossible to run a small business

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2-iMz479o

>inb4 reddit

Nothing for me, since I buy shit from the local farmers market.
t. Poo :^)

amazon go or whatever their venture is called

order online, go to the store and pick it up

or go in the store and pick anything you want

access to goods, payment proxied

It's a fucking grocery store nigga

we don't need deep learning algorithms and sensor hypomacrofusion to buy herbs and chicken with rice and vegetables

You might not, but deep learning could help save the industry as a whole millions of dollars a year by being able to predict customers buying habits more accurately so they can buy less excess. This reduces waste and saves a fuck ton of money which can be used to reinvest in the company, or keep prices competitive or ever lower than your competition.

it means botnets are now taking over your source of nutrition. soon enough you will not be able to access food without javascript and a database on your eating habits for targeted marketing and manipulation.
btw nice file name you cock sucker.

I thought you folks would be more aware...

This is what they're up to.

Amazon is going to own the fucking storefront industry. The retail industry is going down hard, and what's left will be hooked on Amazon's SAS.

tldr - Invest in amazon.

Grocery store stocks are all tanking today after this buyout.

it's possible amazon could solve that but what are they looking to do, get involved with a grocery footprint that's exclusive to rich areas and basically redlined?

ahold delhaisze NV (owns stop & shop, giant landover, others) is down 10% too. I'm sure it's hysteria but damn

>tfw your plan to take over the world is going great

I prefer the teeter

What's "whole foods"? i only know it's related to hipsters or something

t. not a burger

I've got both within 5 blocks and regularly go to both

Organic grocer

Amazon wants to buy Slack too for 9B, damn they got money

It means what a lot of people had already been warning about for years. Whole Foods is not profitable, no one wants to spend more money on groceries than they have to, the grocery business does not rely on the product sales anyway it relies on slotting fees and volume, if you can't compete on that you may as well not exist. But whole foods came out and fooled a bunch of investors into thinking "oh fuck no we're different and smarter than all those idiots out there in the grocery business". They have been losing money for years, the entire store concept is unsustainable from a economic point of view.

Amazon is looking for a way to shut up its shareholders who want more dividends and more profits. Buying out a physical retailer gives amazon several advantages. Physical locations that can become hubs of local delivery of amazon purchases, since most of their customers don't give a shit they're buying things at triple or double the price. It will also trick investors into thinking "they're just getting started in the grocery business give them more time to make an actual profit".

Keep in mind amazon does not make a fucking penny of profit for twenty years, other than on their web services side. They just want to shut up the shareholders.

gross n creepy

Whole foods has Finnally completely sold out more than they allready had.

>What does this mean?

Memefoods delivered by Amazon.

>$20 asparagus water delivered to your door free delivery with prime membership.

They are ready to start drone deliveries

Whole foods has good locations and distribution network ready to go.

Amazon packages will be delivered to the whole foods and from there you can either pickup your package or have it delivered by drone if you have prime.

this has literally nothing to do with food. It's all about distribution and cutting down delivery costs.

>They are going to take over all shipping and warehousing of everything basically.
It's going to be an interesting future. Just imagine the reduction in road traffic because nobody needs to drive to a store to buy shit, just get it delivered in a couple hours instead!

It's not even Amazon as we've been using home delivery from different stores for ages now, 'tha fucks the point in driving out to a big store full of asshole people getting in the way when instead we can get a guy in a chilled van roll up to our house with crates of food for no extra charge.

I've never even heard of Whole Foods until now. I shop at locally owned establishments.

Would you like to buy Apple MacBook Pro™ Jonathan?

>what does this mean
America's obesity rate rises.

>invest in Amazon
yea, right dumbass. the stock price is 1000 dollars right now. it's way too late to invest unless you're rich.

investing in data storage is where it's at.

if you don't shop at market32 kill yourself

shit's like kroger prices but whole foods presentation

Whole Foods is local for me

They've taken over online shopping. Now they're coming for offline shopping.

youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc

You may have one in your area but it's still a chain. I'm talking about stores that only exist in my city. You know, small businesses.

(((Amazon)))

>90 thousand millions
>no hair transplant

This is going to be a double edged sword.

Amazon prices are good, and I'm sure they'll have good prices for brick and mortar. However, the Amazon Go experience removes buying items from the act of either using cash or pulling out a card, and is going to make it too easy for irresponsible people to just binge and possibly overcharge their cards (in the ad, the person debating whether they want to spend that extra buck or two on that snack is a perfect example of this).

That's good for Amazon of course. Also good for those of us frugal enough to actually pay attention to our buying habits in the first place since it makes such trips quick and simple. I want it. If every Whole Foods checkout was replaced by an Amazon Go system, I might actually start shopping there.

Plus, it's just another thing to push us to the ideal extreme automation future. The sooner we push there and get over the political and economic hurdles (something like UBI maybe, who fuckin knows what would actually work though), the better.

>t. liberal arts millennial

Get a job loser

it's crazy how they went from selling books to buying an organic food market

I live two blocks from the headquarters & flagship store, so it's walkable and convenient, and directly across the street from the original store as well.

I do prefer exclusive local stores, though.

It only makes sense. Amazon essentially set the tone with AWS already being a thing in addition to their expansive shipping network. Anyone that doesn't see what's happening here is blind.
The only question is if other companies like Walmart will keep up or if someone like Google partners with a grocery chain to give them a leg up and compete.

They're going to sell overpriced food on Amazon

Sounds pretty good です but as always, I'll buy produce myself. Those grocery delivery people don't have enough time to pick out the good fruits and vegetables and i can't see it being any different for food delivered via drone.

>this has literally nothing to do with food.
Wholefoods sells memed foods.
>It's all about distribution and cutting down delivery costs.
What is your point?

Except they market it to people using the same technology as online. Pressuring you to buy shit that is related to stuff you have previously bought. Oh? You bought that for yourself and not as a gift? Then you might like these other new similar items... Now imagine that with grocery shopping and having an account with them. It keeps a tally of what you usually order and at what time intervals to predict what you really need at the grocery store. It's invasive and horrifying unless you're a lazy ass low IQ and want everything done for you.

youre out of your fucking mind, go to a grocery store and talk the person who orders the food and he will be better at predicting what a store needs than any computer ever can come up with and he only costs $10 a hour.

Whole foods is worse than every other natural foods store.

Enjoy paying fifteen dollars for something you can get at Sprouts/Natural Grocers/etc for ten.

Closer to Firefox. You know, when they started out it seemed like they were doing good but now everyone knows it's some super gay sjw hipster haven.

>Get a job loser
I am a programmer. what now gayboi?

> Milk is exclusively for Amazon Prime Subscribers only.

>not having Amazon Prime

>having Amazon Prime

>implying there's something wrong with saving money

>not having milk

>drinking the koolaid

No, you fucking retard. It's about basic math. If you use Amazon enough for Prime to be beneficial, you'd be a dumbass to not have it.

I feel it bruh

>full on jim jones mode

Take a step back and think about how hard you're being a Jew, and how hard you're defending Jew antics

>If you use Amazon enough for Prime to be beneficial, you'd be a dumbass to not have it.

Amazon rarely has the best prices for anything though, so your being a dipship in the first place by buying from them most of the time. Prime really is a waste of money when considering their prices compared to other retailers.

This.

I'm usually losing a dollar to 4.50 compared to buying from other places. With the same shipping speed. Amazon Prime is a joke for retarded normies and lazy execs

>I'm usually losing a dollar to 4.50 compared to buying from other places. With the same shipping speed.

This combined with tax, and the degraded customer service. Amazon has turned to shit. If you're an American with an issue prepare chatting with a Muslim who hates you by default, and would rather make everything as difficult as possible for you.

The other benefit of the go store technology is that you can't steal from it like you would a regular store.

I'm going to print these stickers and stick them all over, including the new Amazon Books outlet near me. Rate my plan/help me come up with a better design.

Order groceries in the morning via Amazon, delivered from Whole Foods by the end of the day, motherfucker.

>friends and family go on and on about Amazon's amazing support, about how they bend over backwards for customers
>I have an issue with my order because I bought something shows the Manufacturer's name in the "by" section and it's fulfilled by Amazon but actually comes from a fucking third party.
>Third party never ships
>I go online to talk to support
>Bill (from Afghanistan) copies from a script
>My problem doesn't get resolved
>I tried to explain it with screencaps because English isn't working
>long delay
>he closes my chat
>have to open another ticket
>get Brenda (from Thailand)
>problem also doesn't get resolved
>I end up having to do a chargeback

>tfw I had a better experience calling Spectrum support

I'm not defending shit. I'm pointing out that if you spend more on shipping for Amazon items in a year than Prime costs, it's beneficial to get Amazon Prime. I never said anything was justifiable, I'm pointing out that you'd be wasting money by not getting Prime.

Go to your order page, click help with my order. They normally auto resolve this shit

>drinking the kool aid