/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Post Em, R8 Em, H8 Em.

ayy

everything's a mess

rate people

What nic juice do you shove up your ass vape bro?

>Razer keyboard
>corsair mouse
you must CHOOSE

my shitty setup

Beautiful pair of monitors but please hide the red cable, it hurts me
tasty
Is your tv used as a third monitor or do you just drag a video player over to that screen to watch stuff?
Still looks somewhat organized to me, is that a tada68?
Still loving it. At work we're looking at buying in a bunch of those dell optiplex units to replace our current shitty ones from an education company called RM, they are such nice business machines
Absolutely perfect screens and good taste in laptops. Love it

Come at me, /f/a/g/s

that poor nes what did you do to it ?

What model is the right monitor?

Thanks friend! Love yours also! Haven't been paying attention to the /bst/ lately. Did you remove monitors and change the top? Looks good though.

>everything looks like shit as usual

zzzzz

Yah I went off triple screens completely. 1x5K is more than enough. And yes again, I bought two oak tables to go all the way around the room.

It's been with me since I was like 6 or 7 and I shared it with my younger brother. It certainly has seen better days. That particular desk is for shit I want to fix/restore. I also have this, but not entirely sure how to use it or if they're still broadcasting on whatever signals they use(d) for that

Gorgeous keyboards, user. Liking the new table tops, good pop of color compared to the white drawers.

cheers m8

Posting old battlestation for kicks and giggles

cute dog
clean
nice cans. doesn't the aquarium make the room smell a bit?
meme chair
degreaser should clean that NES up a bit, also you need new paint

Meme microphone :)

>is that a tada68?
ye

>degreaser should clean that NES up a bit,
Thanks for the tip.

>you need new paint
I don't see that happening very soon. I'm in dire need of a new desktop computer so priorities...

love it, sweet PBT caps too man.

Literal meme station.

I always keep my aquariums understocked and over filtered so there's rarely any scent to them, other than cut-grass-like funk after cutting back plants. Makes the room humid as hell, though. Larger tank loses about two gallons per week with no glass covers during the winter, too.

Nice cans to you as well. LCD-XCs are my end game. Really liking that light bar, might have to get something similar for myself.

34uc79g. Won on a Contest.

Man I could never settle for one display, I have grown to love having multiple displays. How much were the tables? Sooner or later I would love to get something made out of solid wood. I hate these cheap ass IKEA desks.

Isn't it too much of a hassle to clean up the fishtank?

>clean
Same for you bro. Desk looks beautiful, great lighting, nice keyboards/keyboard, and pretty much everything!
I like that vintage poster also.

Once it's settled in and balanced right (no excess light/overfeeding/fertilizers/overstocked with fish, etc.), it's pretty minimal in terms of maintenance. Maybe 10 minutes a week for trimming plants and netting out cuttings, another 20 minutes for 50% water changes for both tanks.

Only real hassles are once you get into optional high tech stuff like $$$ lighting and pressurized co2. Still dealing with a bit of algae myself, but that's just day-by-day tweaking.

I used to have a fishtank years ago, but it got really dirty and I had to scrub it like twice a week and change everything the water and clean the gravel like once a month. Also some of the fishes jumped out of the tank. No plants in the tank, just plastic decors
What was I doing wrong?

I'd r8 you an 8/8

>Is your tv used as a third monitor or do you just drag a video player over to that screen to watch stuff?
I use the TV mostly for videos and games on Steam Big Picture

Good morning, I've hung some new art my gf made since this picture.

Since people always ask the synthesizers are MS20, Virus Access, and a Yamaha midi piano.

I started not giving a fuck about the algae. It's not unhealthy with a medium amount of it, but it keeps coming back and I can never get rid of it. What are some things you use to get rid of it? I just clean and have a UV light filter. I'm not fuckin with chemicals because it'll kill my little boys.

Its nice that your cat can paint

Everyone in the hobby's been there, best to keep learning from there on out.

Sounds like there might have been too many fish and not enough filtration for it to get really dirty. A $50 hang-on-back filter with a bunch of polyester fluff for mechanical filtration (like what goes in pillows/quilts, just make sure it's chemical-free) and a large sponge or ceramic media for biological filtration will go a long way for tanks less than 30ish gallons. Make sure the nitrogen cycle is established before adding fish. Plenty of info via google for that. Make sure the fish you keep are safe with each other, and can be kept in the same temperature water.

90% of maintenance is purely from weekly/bi-weekly/monthly water changes, depending on how many fish you have. Changing anywhere between 20-50% of the water in one go and replacing mechanical filtration is what most people do. Lightly vacuum the substrate as you do your water change. Never change out all of your water, AND deep-clean the filter, AND deep-clean the substrate bed all at once. If you had fish die or jump out during the next few days after doing that, it's because you crashed your biological filtration, and the water went toxic. Everyone has done this, as it's not often explained or made apparent. It's weird, but you can clean too much! The absolute most for cleaning that's safe is about an 80% water change every other day.

Understand that the size of your tank and filtration has a limit, you can't have unlimited fish. For a rough idea, about a dozen small tetras can be kept per each ten gallons of capacity. Limit the amount of food you put into the tank, as that's where all the waste comes from. Feed only as much that your fish can eat in about a minute or two.

I know, she's so talented.

W-what the fuck is that

If that's really your desk, holy shit, good job man. I assume that's where you work too? Are those controls to move the nobs within the software? It looks almost unnecessary, but if you have the money why not.

I doubt it

>People lying about their setup

Its like people who "rent" a Ferrari for Class Reunion

What's the keyboard? I like the keycaps.

Algae certainly doesn't hurt fish as all it does is look ugly. If it keeps coming back despite you removing it from glass/substrate and plants, there's an underlying cause.

The largest is overfeeding - it's the only thing that actually dirties the tank. Of course, if you do no water changes and dont vacuum the substrate, there's your problem. If neither of those are an issue, it's usually down to lighting. Doesn't look like it's too intense in your tank so that's not an issue, unless it's on for more than 10 hours a day. Make sure it's on a timer.

Since you don't have live plants, you don't have to worry about using fertilizers to ward off algae (healthy plants out-compete the algae for nutrients, killing them off). I know you're averse to chemicals, but if algae keeps coming back in part to it never fully being killed off (many strains of algae are purely just like infestations and have no 'root cause') consider a product by Seachem called Flourish Excel.

It's usually used as a pseudo co2 substitute for live plants, but it's also a legitimate disinfectant and algaecide. The actual chemical is gluteraldyhyde if you want to look into it. Don't expose it to light, as it breaks down. I've dosed up to 8x higher than the suggested dose to kill of algae in tanks that had cherry shrimp, snails, crayfish, and delicate fish with no ill effects.

A way to spot-kill algae is with hydrogen peroxide. It turns into nothing but water and oxygen when exposed to water, so there's nothing to fear. Obviously, don't dose it in crazy amounts. It's usually used on plant leaves exposed to air during a water change.

If all else fails, increase water changes frequency/amounts and upgrade your filtration. Frequently replace mechanical filtration, occasionally rinse biological filtration in tank water.

Literally just a pic ripped off google

The tables were about £430 total

dell keyboard model L3ou

Monitor placement looks a little weird, but otherwise nice. 6/10

>Apple keyboard.
>Pre-built desktop.
Looks cozy though, 5/10

How can you use your turntable if it's positioned like that? Also, how do you like the MS-20? I've been looking for a good deal on one for a while. 8/10

Looks a little cluttered, you could use a bigger desk.
5/10

>"rent" a Ferrari
>Class Reunion
Is this in murrica? Why in the world would you reunite with a bunch of fags that you don't even like? Much less spending money trying to impress them.

puro 210

What is all that gear? Do you broadcast yourself on chaturbate or something? Also nice pic for wallpaper.

>>Pre-built desktop.
It's a bit of a sleeper, not one OEM part in that machine. Quad core i5-3570, 16GB of ram, GTX 960 and 8TB of mirrored storage(checksummed, not a dumb mirror)

It's a little cramped when laying a record down but it's not that bad. I would like it to be somewhere where it's a lot more accesable but I have no idea where I'd put it. So for right now that's where it sits. And I love my MS20. I've made a lot of songs using it. I mostly use it for pads, arps, bass, and strange noises. You can get a lot of different noise out of it considering its simplicity. Found mine used for $300 and it was basically new with its box. Would suggest it to anyone for their synthesizer collection. I would share some songs I made with it but I dunno if it's bannable in these threads since it's a form of soliciting.

I've got the soundcard because I need more than one controllable audio output (Two sets of speakers) And a phantom powered XLR input. The big knob is just for the studio monitors. I just use the mic for skype and discord.

I hope its OK.

>Speakers
>they're just sideways and on a stand
I thought those were cameras. Why do you have them sideways? Any particular reason?

Ah, nevermind then. I've always wanted to build a sleeper rig, which I like to think I pulled off with my current build. I've got this build in an SG13

I had a Korg Microkorg XL That I loved. I'd love to start picking up old synths, but I have no idea how I'd integrate them into my system.

Woah, that is quite expensive. That is probably just the table top, I imagine an entire desk with legs is even more expensive.

Also got a question for you. I am thinking about setting up those monitors this weekend or next but there is a slight issue. The arm is tall as fuck and would cover part of the frames. Would that look terrible?

I think it looks cleaner, and it helps triangulate the tweeter position.

I've literally been burglarized before and they've left my computer alone(but took my keyboard)so I do believe in sleeper rigs

this looks like a weeaboo's wet dream

i'll take 2

i see you really like steel battalion

new setup

it feels like you can walk into the image

What genelecs are those? 8330A?

This setup fills me with calmness. PC bst next to windows are really comfy

Do it.

god damn i need a better camera

>nice cans. doesn't the aquarium make the room smell a bit?

Doesnt seems he have any fish in them. Even so if you change some water reguraly - once per week or two, depending on glass size - you wouldnt smell a thing.

It looks like you need a job

So do you only keep corydoras?

i have a job, i just hate doing things

I've got half a dozen rummynose tetras as well, looking to get a dozen more once my preferred breeder has them available. They're utter cowards right now since I was changing the aquascape around.

faggots

Not him but I have a job and my station is 1/10 by messy NEET standards. The desk is covered in tobacco crumbs and ash, 10 empty yogurt containers, empty bottles. Keyboard hasn't been cleaned in 3 years all while smoking at the PC.

Living proof that someone actually bought that Thermaltake abomination

the fact that people like these exists make me fucking nauseous

well now you need to post it to make me feel better about mine

Not mine but picture this except without piss bottles but more tobacco and ash

Also I don't have a dedicated puke wall

my sides

What's up, guys?

You realize you're on Sup Forums?

MOSHI MOSHI WEEB DESU

kek, that guy actually clean his shit up. Too bad he doesn't post here often anymore.

>bern

are you swiss?

BABBY ARM

>shitty speakers from a late 1990's HP desktop edition

im make drawing

ye

where are you from?

11/10 Doggo would pet

are those fish or lizards? looks like water but also there are lights?