Why is HDI so overrated?

Why is HDI so overrated?

For example, Australia is the second place in the current rankings when it's actually a shit country

>horrible weather
>horrible internet
>internet censorship
>dangerous and poisonous animals
>4 relevant cities, the rest is complete desert

Another example
>fucking venezuela has a higher HDI than brazil

And there's things like Saudi Arabia having higher HDI than some european countries

kill this meme

Have a literacy rate of over 90% before begging to be considered "developed".

Those venezueleans eating shit? They have a higher life expectancy than you

>mfw Brazilians walk by and start shouting their opinions at me

argentina should be dark red, fix that shit.

How's that Zika virus coming along? What about the super-bacteria in the river for the Olympics?

>fucking venezuela has a higher HDI than brazil

>northern brazil
>rio
both seem just as bad desu

alright what about my other points rofl

talking shit about australia when your country is a literal cesspool lmao

completely laughable that athletes are unironically pulling out of the Olympics because you have third world diseases everywhere. kys

the people overrating it are the ones who don't know how it is made and what it measures.

you're right that hdi is a meme but they did pretty well on south america

thanks for the bumps

Two of your points listed environmental factors.

And believe it or not infrastructure, income, health, education, and personal/economic freedom are more important to standard of living than MUH INTERNET and a large population.

Also
>Brazil
>Good

>Britain
>America
>Sweden
????

>>horrible weather
>>horrible internet
>>internet censorship
>>dangerous and poisonous animals
irrelevant

relevant cities, the rest is complete desert
simply a lie

>And there's things like Saudi Arabia having higher HDI than some european countries
because they're richer

just admit it, Brazil sucks

Yes, I recognize Australia has these things, but the other problems are not negligible at that point in the rankings, I mean, almost all of the other top countries also have "infrastructure, income, health, education, and personal/economic freedom " and don't have the australia/saudi arabia problems while they're higher than these countries on the list
>irrelevant
because you live in a comfy place with no internet monitoring at all
>because they're richer
so you're... agreeing with me?
>just admit it, Brazil sucks
Uh, did I ever say it was good?

If you think Australia is a shit country then you haven't been there. HDI isn't overrated, it's the mark of whether a country is developed or not.

Of course there are other factors. Dubai might be developed but the culture is far worse than Brazil's, but culture counts less for most people than their standard of living.

You sound like a jealous Macaco

But you didnt list any problems for Australia. You also fail to realise that Australians have better of those things so they're higher. You forget that Australians are rich and have a highest minimum wage at like US$13/hr

Natural environment and small population are irrelevant.

If not HDI what other method would be suitable

I actually liked Dubai better then Brazil as a tourist and later on worker in those two places..

I think he is saying to consider every single stat used to measure nations and determine based off that which imo is better but honestly Brazil will still be meh.

feels 3rd world man

HDI goes beyond internet quality and weather, Saudi Arabia is more developed than you think since they are rich even though they lack in personal freedom

Like being arrested for fapping to elves...? what standard of living even matters at this point? Imagine being fined for shitposting on Sup Forums or something

I can be jealous of Switzerland, Canada, Germany, UK, Ireland, Denmark, but not Australia or little Australia, believe me
How much better are those things in Australia compared to the other top countries? It's everything good in 1st world countries, I'm talking about what should differentiate them, of course they're "irrelevant" problems

Also, weather is not irrelevant at all, it can really kill the mood on people, make you uncomfortable, what's the point when you live 24/7 complaining about the fucking heat/cold? letting the A/C on all day otherwise you can't stand it, I know this feel
you're not 3rd world but according to this list Qatar and Saudi Arabia are better than you rofl

Life is great here? All your points about Australia are just memes.

spain should be dark red, fix that shit

Well fair enough. Don't know who would bother getting all those together though, seems like quote a task

cuba literally has a higher hdi than mexico
see for yourselves if you don't believe me.

And?

Cuban study more, go more years to school, have lower drop out rates, have better healthcare and live longer, the only point of favor of mexico is a higher income per capita than cuba

Honestly, Cuba is one example of where HDI's failure to account for political climate shows. While Mexicos government isn't exactly saint like, it's still not quite up to Cubas level of repression. There's a reason the U.S. still gets a couple hundred Cuban boat people every year despite it having the 3rd highest HDI in the Americas.

>Cuba is one example of where HDI's failure to account for political climate shows.

How is that related to naything? HDI is about development not about how confy is your life

Because if your life is only comfy as long as you tow the line and don't question the government, then you have a Brave New World like scenario, where society seems utopian as long as you choose not to dig deeper an question the authorities.

You're retarded. HDI is a measure of economic development, you're basically complaining about personal freedoms which is a completely different thing.

He does have a point though. HDI isn't the be all end all of if your country is good or shit.

>Australia is the second place in the current rankings when it's actually a shit country
Sure is, I wouldn't bother coming here if I were you.

My fellow hot climate friend-

Cold sucks. Period. Yeah it's nice when it's chilly on Christmas but that shit gets old quick. You have to bundle up to go outside and there's barely any sunlight, it's horribly depressing no matter how pretty falling snow is and how fun skiing or sledding is, especially if you grew up in a hot climate.

Also most Australisns love in coastal cities, which neve much more moderate climates than the interior of the country.

Also, yeah no shit we have our air conditioners running 24/4, we are modern humans who have the luxury of making our homes the perfect temperature. It's like saying people in cold climates are silly to have the heat on all winter.

You seem to have some cold weather ir poverty mentality about air conditioning, like you think it's "cheating" or too expensive or something. Yeah it's hot outside, but that doesn't bother me because I can get as sweaty as I want, go home and take a nice cold shower, then relax in my living room that's 72 degrees with zero humidity while it's 95 degrees with 95% humidity outside.

>Qatar and Saudi Arabia are better than you rofl
GDP per capita is in the formula for HDI. If you're paki or flip and live in qatar or saudi arabia, you're treated like a slave.

Brazil is an utter apologetic shithole, I'm sorry but that's all it comes down to. 50,000 people are murdered in your country every year, 75% of the population lives in poverty, and you can't even do the Olympics properly when ours was one of the best ever (Sydney 2000).

>tfw knocked off the top 5

The only relevant measurement is money. If you don't have money you can suck my rich Northern Italian cock.

rich boyz

gud map as well

>underdevelopetugal