What's the best 1080Ti card out? I currently have 2x980Ti Hybrids and they run super hot for my mATX case

What's the best 1080Ti card out? I currently have 2x980Ti Hybrids and they run super hot for my mATX case.

Pic related (EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pYmeuYcqH6M
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4nYvWllyg&t=83s
youtube.com/watch?v=HNnSwozq6z0&t=51s
youtube.com/watch?v=3W7WX6pjL-M
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqg6z-4DhxM
phanteks.com/enthoo-evolv.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that card might be one of the best, but your 980ti's arent bad, just install some waterblock and watercool them

>they run super hot for my mATX
>run super hot
>mATX
What the fuck did you expect? For the heat to magically vanish?

They're AIOs. I tried to strategically place them but I've tried like 10 different configurations and every one of them causes issues (ie hot top case, or bad airflow thus increasing card temp).

Since they're both sandwiched next to each other with a gap, it's tough to make this work. I got 2x980Ti's because I need CUDA cores and thought a single 1080Ti would suffice for now (and I can get a second one later)....but I assume the 1080Ti is more efficient, but it will still run hot since it's a 250+watt card.

I lug this around places , couldn't do ATX at the time :(

your 980ti's can be sold for good money, if you really want to go for it, sure, the 1080ti beats it out even if in SLI. so yeah, do it. if you want it cool, go with an AIO, if you think its alright with air, go with the asus poseidon, the asus strix imo or a evga card. I wouldnt buy from any other vendor though.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

I'm not moving from this mATX case any time soon (6700k / z170) so maybe this Hybrid? And down the line I can get a second one for more CUDA cores.

I can only go with liquid cooled GPUs since mATX sandwiches cards next to each other.

I haven't tried blower-style FE cards next to each other, I assume it might work? But they run at lower clock speeds. I keep seeing NVidia advertise SLI on Blower style 1080s....

The 1080ti does not beat two 980tis
It's close though, within 10fps

Also 2x980Tis have like 5500 CUDA cores, while single 1080Ti has 3000 or so.

>beats on power consumption and thermals
Yet not performance

>sli scaled badly
These meme perpetuated by poor gags living in 2011 has gotta stop, sli scaling is nearly 90% these days, you are literally just talking out of your ass

>Be on Sup Forums
>Have 1 mid tier GPU
>Someone strolls in with two top-tier GPUs
>Y-you're just wasting money s-sli has like r-really terrible scaling
Can't hear you while I'm playing at 4k 60fps and 8k 30fps

While I agree SLI performance is decent, not all gaymes support SLI. Or have been optimized for SLI if they do.

It took like a year to get Hitman fixed.

>decent
it's much better than decent, it's nearly 1:1
So what not all games support SLI, then you use one card and still get good performance, and for games that do, you get even better performance.
>it took a year to get hitman fixed
Yeah the AMD title that is still mostly broken in several aspects
Nearly every update breaks something in the game, the devs are incompetent

I get it, 2 cards are better than one, but I'm still on 1440p 60Hz and will not go to 4k 144Hz until that shit's super affordable.

I think a single 1080Ti will do....or should I figure out a better airflow to make dual 980Tis work in this small case?

if you're only doing 1440p 60hz then 1 1080ti is fine

4k 1440p 144Hz will be fine too on a single 1080ti

No it won't
1080ti isn't quite a 4k 60fps card
or a 144hz 1440p card
youtube.com/watch?v=pYmeuYcqH6M

So wtf you sayin', 980Ti SLI is better than a single 1080Ti?

Yes it primarily is actually

How??

What do you mean how?
In performance, together they both have more cuda cores, better framerates in games
youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4nYvWllyg&t=83s
youtube.com/watch?v=HNnSwozq6z0&t=51s

the answer it isn't.

11GB >>>> 6 puny GB; can't stack ram.

What 1080ti have internal hdmi slots? Specifically to hook up to the NZXT 340S Pro front panel VR slots, to keep the cords internal.

>R-Ram
shitty argument
480 has more vram than the 980ti, guess it's better

ram is important in 3d rendering, my dumb friend

cuda is secondary

ram is more important in 3d rendering
not video ram, you absolute moron

That's it.

That's the best one.

wait what, video ram is absolutely important!

you're incredibly stupid for being anonymous.

>What's the best 1080Ti card out?

Just get a Titan if you have that much money to burn, or get Vega which is 20% better than a Titan.

Dude what?

>you're confortable spending X so you should spend 2X instead.

that's not how ram works in SLI for gaming though, shit's duplicated not added together for a larger sum. Technically what you said is right under certain dx12 circumstances but gg finding anything that supports it past one or two titles

>2x980Ti Hybrids and they run super hot for my mATX case
is this bait or something? post pic proof or get fucked

are you going to play games in 4k?or 1440p?
if not you are literally throwing out money in the window.if you are going to play games just get a gtx 1050ti or gtx 1060. they both can play the newest titles on full ultra with 60fps (30-40 for the 1050ti) in 1080p.so again if you are not going to play in 1440p or 4k dont buy an 1080 ti i know its tempting to have the newest shit on the market but you could save that money for muh gaymes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3W7WX6pjL-M

Ok I trust those specs.

But how do I make them run ok in my case instead of causing all kinds of airflow issues?

I was going to go with a single 1080Ti cuz of airflow issues.

Not bait. Here you go user.

I moved the top right AIO rad/fan to the front, and now CPU gets hot.

I feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

>Hybrids
>Running hot

Lol, look at this faggot.
Even better, still gunning for 'water cooled' options.

1440p 60Hz for now.

I need CUDA cores rather than gayming specific stuff. Although I do game sometimes, the overheating is a constant problem.

Does the side of the case have a fan opening? Consider an intake fan there. You do have intake fans on the front side as well right?

Well in this case (see pic I attached in thread) I couldn't even put 2 regular fanned 980Tis in there, they were running on full blast and overheating since they're so close to each other.

>all that tubing blocking space
geez.

even 2x founder cards would probably net better temps

No side openings, only top.

In pic related I had top 2 being rads as (exhaust) for GPUs. Front 2 were intake. Back is CPU rad exhaust. It worked well even on full load, but top of case gets SUPER hot (unless I take off lid, but it looks like shit).

So what I did is I moved one rad (top right) to the front and as intake. That helped GPU temps a bit but screwed up the CPU temps. Now I'm sad :(

Can't afford a new case atm or mobo (to have more space in between cards on a full atx) :(

There a way to make this work?

>I couldn't even put 2 regular fanned 980Tis in there

custom or blower? I bet it was custom...in your small as fuck case.

Run the fans faster then? If you're constricted on space then there's only so much you can do in terms of cooling. Your fronts should definitely be intake and I would say you want all of your AIOs to be exhaust on rear/top. A fan on the side intake would help extremely.

Do you have any mounts on the bottom of the case next to the power supply? This could be another intake source.

The only other thing I could think of is full custom water cooler loop.. but it sounds like you're price restricted so that isn't going to be an option.

How the fuck do I overclock these shits on arch?

Tried custom (EVGA) and it ran like shit.

Tried blower too and it was fucked since it's so tight together.

Why the fuck does nGreedia advertise them with SLI capability when they can't be this tight together next to each other?

Save up and buy the new EKWB AIO system that's made from aluminium.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iqg6z-4DhxM

>want all of your AIOs to be exhaust on rear/top
I have it like this in pic related and it worked well.

However, when GPUs were on full load, top of case got so hot that I could boil an egg, even though system didn't crash and temps were normal. I was afraid the rads would get damaged.

However if I took off the top lid (which has small holes, I think it was only meant for intake) it ran fine but obviously anti-aesthetic.

I'm a retard I don't think I could do a custom loop without fucking things up.

>However if I took off the top lid (which has small holes, I think it was only meant for intake) it ran fine but obviously anti-aesthetic
Your case sounds like shit. Also how are you expecting the radiators to get damaged?

Trust me, its really not that bad. I was super worried when I did my first loop, but its literally all about just taking some care with what you're doing.
Pro-tips for it:

DON'T START WITH HARD TUBING. Hard tubing is advanced tier, soft tubing will give you room to muck up a little.
Just take it step by step, guidance is given with the pieces instruction manuals.
Make sure no holes are left open.
Leak test before even putting power near the thing.
Leak test for at least half a day or more.
Don't over or under tighten things, you'll know when they're fine when you do it.

It's really not that bad.

Thought Phanteks was respected in the gaymen industry? It's this one:
phanteks.com/enthoo-evolv.html

The GPU rads get SUPER hot when lid is on, I thought it would get damaged for some reason if it's getting that hot.

BTW I replaced fans to see if that helps (silent wing 3s on all)....and front 2 intakes were Noctua

try installing an operating system with proper driver support.

Just looked up support for this case for a custom loop and it does support it...however you have to get rid of the HDD bays (I have 2 HDDs) :(

Understand that you are fitting two 250W graphic cards and a 91W CPU into a tiny case, you have to take the heat way somehow; it looks like the panel on the top restricts airflow which as you have said causes it to heat up.

You have the following options
1- new case
2- higher pressure fans, running faster, probably not gonna help that much
3- modify existing case to alleviate temps better (removing that top panel)
4- custom loop water cooling

More intake fans probably isn't going to help, all it sounds like is that panel is heating up heaps.

but that shit costs money

Thanks user.

I'm gonna see if option 3 is a good way to go about it. I just don't know shit about drilling etc....maybe I can get someone to help.

(see pic related).

Also I've tried all kinds of fan configurations, so nothing helps.

Should I just go with a single 1080Ti and get it over with? (with the hopes of adding a second 1080Ti later, obv i hate to update mobo/case).

paying for companies like amd and nvidia to make good drivers and working together with their enginers and your operating system programmers costs money.

>1080Ti
You will probably run into the same issues, it's still a 250W card, and I doubt 1 will run as fast as 2 980ti's.

How about getting a new ATX case? Any recommendations with A E S T H E T I C S?

I assume mATX mobo will mount on an ATX case.

How about getting a new ATX case? Any recommendations with A E S T H E T I C S?
cases are personal preference, if you're keen on phanteks they do make identical models to the one you have in ATX form. Fractal cases always get a good right up but are typically heavy.
>I assume mATX mobo will mount on an ATX case.
Yup

Best price-to-performance 1080Ti is the EVGA SC Black. If you care about RGB, it has none through.

Best performing 1080Ti where money is not a concern is the Kingpin or HOF cards.

What about for CUDA performance? Does brand really matter? I don't have one yet but will use my card primarily for rendering with Adobe.

I'm running a 550Ti 2GB so anything is an upgrade at this point.

That's it

Buy that

I can recommend the FTW3, it maxes 4K games at 70°. The build quality of the front fan mesh looks worse than my 1070 FTW. No metal parts... It has thermal sensors and two RGB logos. I could OC it to 2000 / 6100 MHz so far, have it since wednesday, maybe I can reach 6200.

Just wait for Volta GV102 GTX 2080 Ti

>wait
I bought the 1080 Ti, it will be the best card for the next two years. 2080 will do 30 % more at max, so the next worthy upgrade will be the 2080 Ti.