Be honest Sup Forums. The FX CPU's have aged extremely well

Be honest Sup Forums. The FX CPU's have aged extremely well.
>8 threaded
>Strong multithreaded performance because of dedicated cores.
>Cheap
>Easy to overclock by 20-30%
>Can still play modern games and edit reasonable well.

If you bought an FX-8350 in 2012, it's still completely usable in 2017 for both work and games, and likely will be for a while yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCvMMSTOl4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're deluded.
They were mediocre when new

And if you bought a i7 2600 or even a i5 2500k if are still reasonably well off and still WAY BETTER OFF than any of the bulldozer/piledriver procs.

Ryzen is going to be the line that ages well. The FX meme has to die.

No it didn't. I have a FX-6300 @ 4.3 GHz, shit single thread performance, shit at emulation, shit at CPU-intensive games bottlenecking my fucking RX 480. Thank God I have a R7 1700 coming next week, cant come soon enough.

Yes they were. But now they're actually decent.

You're better off getting a G4560 in a new build, but most people I know with a 8350 don't feel like they need an upgrade much like I needed with my i5-2500k.
The average FPS in recent games for the 8350 isn't far behind the 4770k (stock clocks on each). Much better and smoother than the i5-2500k for new games though shitty averages on old games.

indeed, i have 8350, and it never felt like i need more powerful cpu

I still use my FX-8350. I'd buy another one after they're under $100

>tfw only chrome and discord is open

something wrong with your cooling system

I wouldn't expect much from the stock cooler

AMD CPU's thermal sensors are unreliable as fuck.
That is a well-known problem.

theyre pretty good, plus theyre the most powerful non backdoored cpu

I have an fx-8350, it runs VR flawlessly, games flawlessly, and programs flawlessly. Why are you guys spending so much on freaking cpu's if it apparently doesn't even matter?

>mfw bought i7-2600k in 2011

fx8350 is cheaper upfront but in the long run is more expensive due to the tdp being double most modern cpus

>8 threaded
You mean 8 cores?
It's not just SMT, there's 8 cores, they just share FP units

8350 at 4.5Ghz on water, sitting at 25c here
I've got an RX 480 and I honestly don't feel the need to upgrade
Everything runs nicely, video editing, encoding and rendering is all very snappy, I play Rainbow 6 Siege, Overwatch, Witcher, Hitman and Nier Automata at 60fps max no questions asked

Even Project Diva on rpcs3 is very playable

Exactly
Never had a frame rate issue in VR on my rift either
Even handled my DIY rift that ran a Kinect V2 for room scale in the background

>tdp == cost
What?
Are you implying it's more expensive because I have to run my AC in the background?

no, because it draws more power

>if it apparently doesn't even matter?

BUT AT 600x800 AND WITH ALL LOW SETTINGS INTEL I9X HAS 12 MORE FRAMES PER SECOND

it really depends of the game, i have a 6300 too and it rapes Battlefront while it fucking struggles with red orchestra

is this image real? jihadism doesnt even make sense to aquire a house

>Islam
>sense

jihad just means struggle

only bad muslims say it is about conquest ;^)

doubt it, but i still like this meme

youtube.com/watch?v=gCvMMSTOl4Q

Memri TV is a israeli broadcasting/intelligence agency/psywarfare division in charge of collecting the funniest/dumbest examples of islamic tv and distribute it to the goyim

Well it's fucking working. Shit's hilarious.

wasnt most of this aljazeera?

The 8350 was unusable in 2012 what the fuck are you smoking
Pull out ANY benchmark for yourself, there's a reason amd made sure the fx processors were never compared to ryzen

Are you saying an 8350 would even beat a 6300 at games?
Ryzen is not vishera or bulldozer or any of that garbage and it's extremely important to recognize this

Usually I hate israeli psyops but the shit they're doing in this case is too funny.

Int agencies should learn that it's best to ridicule your opponents and catch them doing dumb shit rather than putting black bags over their head and waterboarding them.

Fuck that, AMD has been in a shit limbo ever since they greenlit Bulldozer. I'm happy Zen is really good even on a process node designed for mobile.

Tfw have i7 2600k oc to 4.7 and i7 6700k no oc and they both have the same score when benchmarked

{{{{{score}}}}}}

An 8 core CPU or a 4 core CPU with SMT are both 8 threaded.

>Pull out ANY benchmark.
>A 5 year old 8350 with 8 threads performs comparably to a Ryzen 1400 with 8 threads in most games.
I think you're exaggerating, user

It was shit and is shit. Fucking c2q aged better than this piece of shit.

You could at least be correct by saying it draws more power instead of citing tdp which doesn't mean more power.

doesnt it infer it at load though? Still it draws more power

tdp = head dissipation, not power draw. You can draw conclusions that higher tdp = higher power draw but tdp does not explicitly state higher power draw

Yes it's attached to a fx CPU.

I want to work there, and fucking get paid in cold hard keks.

If you meant Phenom II, you would be correct, but you didn't, so I guess you're wrong.

Maybe there's an optimization step I've missed somewhere. I'm running a FX-8350 & 980Ti and get CPU bound while running some VR applications. (Vive)

>Maybe there's an optimization step I've missed somewhere.

You forgot to put rose colored amd goggles on, and you don't round up the fps to the nearest 60+fps.

What clocks is it running at?

You're a moron.

Their single threaded performance was absolutely trash when they came out, let alone now.

Yes - That's right - Just because demand for multithreaded performance has gone up doesn't mean that the demand for single threaded performance has decreased, you fucking idiots.

except when it backfires and they show genuinely redpill commentary

This. The only thing my 8350 was actually useful for recently way playing DOOM.

>The FX CPU's have aged extremely well
No

>8 threaded
Doesn't matter if all are weak shit

>Strong multithreaded performance because of dedicated cores.
Multithreaded performance means shit if you don't have decent single core performance.
Ryzen does this perfectly, Shitdozer didn't.

>Cheap
Free shit is still shit

>Easy to overclock by 20-30%
Pentium 4 could also be easily overclocked. Didn't make it any good.

>Can still play modern games and edit reasonable well.
"no"

>You're a moron.
nice arguement
>Their single threaded performance was absolutely trash when they came out, let alone now.
it wasnt trash, and it was the cheapest 8 core at the time, it also had niche situations where it was the better choice
>Yes - That's right - Just because demand for multithreaded performance has gone up doesn't mean that the demand for single threaded performance has decreased, you fucking idiots.
but it has, the two make a whole, as a percentage.

>it wasnt trash
It had shittier IPC than phenom 2, kill yourself underage amdshitter. Even die hard amdrones shitted on it.

>tfw this works flawlessly to this day
gotta get a ryzen system soon though

not at all. I upgraded from 8350 @ 4.5ghz + 7970 to 6700k @4.5ghz + GTX980 and the difference was night and day. BF3 fps went from 60fps to 150fps. AMD fucked up majorly with it, people trying to justify nowadays are just deluded. it failed.

It was cheap, and overclocked well which made it highly competitive if you did other things other than gaming. I don't regret it at all, and I've had it for 3 years now, and although it's tempting to upgrade I see no reason to do so. I am leaning more to buying a console for vidya at this point over upgrading.

They're way better than this Ryzen garbage

At least they are reasonably priced and in AMD's core market (poorfags)

AMD really fucked up with Ryzen

Yeah cheap was the only thing going for it. then they did a "refresh" with 9350s or w/e charged a premium for it and even that got smoked.

Well said.
Ryzen is an abortion.
If I want good performance I just get intel for the same price.
DUMB
U
M
B

>being THIS poor
haha life in merriland must be good

The only good intel cpu is the poorfag pentium.

gpu is r9 280x..... upgrading to r5 1600 soon so i can shoot this cpu with a fucking pistol

Jihad in the context of that image means "struggle"

still going strong here with my fx 6300. unfortunately i cant overclock much because of shitty vrm's on my mobo. except for bf1 and a few other cpu intensive games, everything runs fine.(video editing, browsing, unpacking files, ect)

an upgrade would be cool but it isnt nessecairy. if the consoles can handle the games, so can my pc. i will upgrade in 2020 or so

Why 4.5ghz?
4.4ghz is the best spot.

Better benchmarks on 4.5GHz, anything over it shits itself, anything less and I'm using the same amount of voltage for less performance

>Better benchmarks on 4.5GHz, anything over it shits itself

>Better benchmarks on 4.5GHz

>Better benchmarks

>benchmarks

I've been running FX-6300 for about 4 years now. Considering it cost me less than 100GBP it's been great value.

I want to move to a smaller case now and I'm afraid that trying to do that with the FX CPU will result in a housefire. Can G4570 or whatever the current meme Pentium is give me comparable performance?

>chrome, discord, skype are all open

Not sure what you're doing wrong here.

Westmere-EP came out almost 3 years before Piledriver and it's better in every single way except perhaps chipset quirkiness.

>An 8 core CPU or a 4 core CPU with SMT are both 8 threaded.
The difference is that hyperthreading and actual cores behave differently, particularly regarding cache sharing. Hyperthreading shines in very paralalized tasks with threads that share CPU cache, but they're not actual cores. With cores you can do the same parallelized tasks with as much efficiency but won't be penalized by non parallelized work as there is no sharing of cache in the same core like in hyperthreading.

Personnally, I think the hyperthreading trend is stupid and recommending processors with hyperthreading for gaming is sort of stupid compared to actual cores. 8c is way superior to 4c/8t and for example a ryzen 1800 with HT disabled will perform way better than a 4c/8t 1500 (or a 1800 with 4 deactivated cores and HT enabled).

I'm glad AMD added more cores to their mid and high range CPU, it's a better way to do than pushing hyperthreading for things like gaming. I know game programming made a lot of progress for paralellization and taking advantage of HT, but it is sort of a workaround to adapt to CPU architecture.
I don't say HT is particularly bad, it has its uses in workstations, but if you play games on PC and had to chose between a 7700k and the price equivalent in AMD (like ryzen 1700), you're better taking the CPU with more cores rather than being duped by the impression that HT is just like more cores.

so is jihad usually an every day word? kind of like how shabab just means guys?