Windows 10 is literally malware and even a lot of technically apathetic people I know complain about it

>Windows 10 is literally malware and even a lot of technically apathetic people I know complain about it
>still is successful and widely used
What does Linux need to get normies to begin using it? Clearly Microsoft and Apple can't self destruct hard enough to deter most users.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lo3cfcPFZ38
twitter.com/AnonBabble

better open source gpu drivers
I cant install any distro using my gtx 970
i have to switch to integrated one then after installation switch to nvidia drivers for it to work

We shill normies to use android as a desktop os until m$ has no marketshare.

GAEMS
A
E
M
S

>We shill normies to use android as a desktop os
I'm already scared of google.

The only reason to use a desktop computer is games or work.

Linux isn't as good at either.

Normies are using it, they use Android. Normies don't use desktops in 2017, I dunno why that's hard to understand. Desktops are used by gamers, power users, developers and creatives.

So, for Linux to get mainstream success it needs to be the best OS for more than one of those groups at a time, which it's pretty much failed at.

Honestly I have more hope for Redox OS because it doesn't have 30 years of legacy cruft.

More killer apps and exclusives.

>people just use Windows because it's preinstalled on their machine
>pre-install Mint or Ubuntu on all machines
How would they react?

Literally no one plays PC games.

>Literally no one plays PC games.
Name the top five Sup Forums boards.

Make it easier to use
Make it so it "just werks"
Games
Support

O wait that's all heckn difficult especially if you're not making any money since it's free software

I've basically gave up on Linux for freedom/privacy reasons because most of the "private" things I do are on the internet anyway. Everything I'm doing is just getting tracked by JavaScript or cookies. I for the most part do not use cookies, but JavaScript has gotten so harmful that websites send certain pitches that are picked up by your phone to track which user is there regardless of how hard they combat it with their browser. I just gave in to the botnet and honestly it has been a lot less of a hassle.

Mass hysteria with lots of calls to assistance services asking "why windows looks strange and acts strange"

Nobody that uses Windows 10 out of his own free will is competent in IT. They will use 7 instead.
That said, the reason is a mix of being unaware and being forced to.

You are literally retarded. PC gaming market is almost as big as all consoles combined.

>What does Linux need to get normies to begin using it?

Actual software, a working way that don't make it free only if your time worth nothing

Not going to happen

that was obviously bait. took 14 minutes for someone to take it. user couldve tried harder

Needs to be easier to use. CLI = you fucked up, make it simpler

Literally no one takes bait you faggot

the only people who say this are the ones who dont understand how to use linux. Its like a grandmother learning her first computer, it all must be so very strange and confusing for you.

You shouldn't have to 'understand linux'. Until Linux developers 'understand' this simple concept Linux will never gain appreciable mindshare or marketshare.

Do you know what will happen if Linux goes mainstream? Its gonna become shit like everything does when normies touch it. Be glad.

>Why does Linux have such shit marketshare?
- Lack of software compatibility
- Using the terminal is a necessity unless the only thing you ever touch is whatever was bundled with the OS
- Did I mention the terminal? Nobody wants to use the fucking terminal just to download and install a program.
- Programmers suck at designing UIs, and the only people working on most Linux distros are workaholic programmers

your kind is scum. you dont want to understand anything you just want to blindly follow the path of least resistance.

You probably prescribe to all sorts of various social engineering and spying engines; Facebook, twitter, google, Microsoft, snapchat...

I pray every day that cryptocurrency will topple the corrupt worldwide jewish central banking scheme that tries to debt-enslave all of us and with it their corporate pawns.

*Tips fedora*

Knew I've had a reason to hate you console fuckers...

Most of the reasons why Linux hasn't been adopted don't even have to do with the kernel itself.

>no agreed upon central distribution that is universally recognized
>zero standardization for package management system
>multiple configurations and types of distribution setups that widely vary under the hood
>inconsistent, un-intuitive, and highly fragmented user interfaces
>relies on outdated and hacked together graphical sub-system from the 1980's
>heavy reliance on terminal for advanced configuration and other tasks
>little to no guarantee of accountability or quality control within programs or utilities
>rarely any official technical support besides browsing various obscure forums or documentation

What is a good linux distro with great GUI?
I'm on the fence to switch but I cannot be assed with some of the ugly looking and terribly anti-user interfaces on some of them.

What is gnome software
What is ubuntu software center

A company with a business plan, so that they can dedicate enough resources to it and make it polished and just werks enough.

But seeing how Linux is open source, coming up with a business plan isn't easy. Your best bet is ads and data collection, which is why the company to do it might end up being Google.
In fact Android already works reasonably well on the desktop.

(You)

Seriously though, why would you use a PC for gaming? It's holding back gaming as a whole.

Hoe can Windows even compete?

youtu.be/lo3cfcPFZ38

>taking a screenshot for comparison in different weather and lighting

oy vey my shilling friend

games

>games

can you retards please stop with this bullshit and fuck off to Sup Forums?

having ms office would do way more for linux than all the games combined.
even having itunes would probably be more important.

>I want to play games, listen to music, look at pictures, and watch videos

>Just download and install Java and Flash, then favorite games
>Foobar for my music needs
>Graphics Gale for my pictures
>VLC for my videos

Really, it depends what you want a computer for.
If you know your way around Windows, fucking up is difficult.

They wouldn't. I have an old laptop that I keep around to lend to my younger relatives when they come over. One day I decided to install xubuntu on it and the only complaint I heard was "where is chrome?!" to which I replied "where do you think it is?". They promptly figured out it was under "Internet". Normies really don't give a shit about the OS they're using as long as it has chrome.