Can Android even compete?

Can Android even compete?

Randroids BTFO.

MODS!
he posted it again

No, apple are the only relevant tablet makers at this point in terms of bang for your buck

Android fags butt hurt.

They can barely compete with the 2 year old Apple SoCs (A9).

Can intel even compete?

>muh numbers on a screen

Fake.
And yes, most android devices are faster than homOSeX

Fake?

Just because Android has shitty specs and hardware doesn't make that benchmark fake.

can you run 3dmark?

Nah. Snapdragon is crap
They're even struggling with 99% of mobile malware and never getting newest OS.

nice phone thread lol

Link me.

3dmark sling shot from the app store

It's still fake, desu.
And you're comparing benchmarks between two completely different operating systems. One designed for homos, one designed for professionals and normal people.

the benchmark just test how fast the processor can perform certain tasks, there's nothing fake about that

it's fake. You don't know what these numbers mean.
Applel paid actual money to make these benchmarks on their favor.

Yes I do because they list what they benchmark and give the results

>Geekbench
Show something else, x86 cpus that score lower still wreck anything apple got.

still fake
kys applel drone

Show what?

Neat, here's my pro 9.7''

Not bad.

>Shitbench

> It's fake because I hate apple REEEEEEEEE
Lol what a dumbass.

I just purchased a 2017 iPad, should I upgrade to the iPad Pro even if I won't use the pencil ever? Other than the superior screen and better performance, are there any advantages to it? I only browse the web on 1-2 tabs and use Facebook messenger.

nope, you won't really notice the performance difference

I'm upgrading from 9.7'' pro to the new 12.9'' pro, not because I'll notice any performance difference but because of the larger screen

It's not really that much better. The 2017 with an A9 is more than adequate for browsing 4chins and Facebook.

Ok I ran this test on my s8plus because I thought I could bfto you guys.

But fuck man even with 8cores the iPhone walks around this thing.

fake and gay

how does apple BTFO everyone else so badly?

can you run handbrake on this?

fagoot.
applel faggot.

you don't belong here. fuck off

SAMSUNG BTFO.

Applel A11X will probably have single core score of 6000

Here's the gpu thing. How does it compare?

American technology vs Asian technology.

The iOS version doesn't have renderscript.

an Apple CPU paired with an Nvidia GPU would be godtier.

You fell for the Android meme. Sorry.

Thanks.

What if they put they put 6 of their mobile chipsets in a macbook?

Probably be faster than anything Intel got.

I wonder if apple might unironically do it, since their chipsets are smoking the competition mobilewise

their chips might be good at jpeg compression but as soon as you have to do a bunch of shit at the same time the apple chip commits suicide

ex ipad pro user here: this thing throttles like crazy and gets really hot

I sold mine and got a used i7 surface pro 4 and I have no idea how microshaft does it but the cpu stays at 3.2 GHz while encoding video for hours.

Also somehow this thing does ~40 FPS on low 1080p setting BF4.

when does it throttle? I have one and it doesn't even get hot, what did you use it for?

As soon as you do anything cpu intensive you will notice hiccups of slow performance and then just straight up heavy thermal throttling.

I noticed it the most while playing 3D graphically intensive games or exporting video. My surface pro 4 doesn't have this problem.

what you expect with an entire company of poo in loos

>i7 is faster than ARM
oh no wayyy

>i played 3D graphically intensive games on my iPad pro
yeah now I KNOW you're full of shit

oh okay, I've never done either on mine so I haven't had any throttling

There are not graphically intensive games for the iPad Pro.

You are a liar and we know it.

The ipad pro doesn't have active cooling like the surface pro you fucking retards, he's telling the truth else my sister would stfu about how hot her ipad pro gets.

That too but the no active cooling thing magnifies that problem. In fact at some point I think the ipad "pro" becomes disabled from the constant overheating it endures.

the a9x is not a fucking i7 retard

a chip doesn't slow down over time

I know m80. I'm just pointing out that because of the horrible performance-per-watt that ARM has it makes the thermal throttling worse.

Yes it does, once it hits dangerous temperatures, internal safety alarms trip and force the chip to work a lower frequency. This ensures safety of the chip itself and that the battery doesn't burst into flames.

The chips in any of these tablets last 5 years or more just fine, the batteries however are garbage after a year or two.

I thought you meant that the chips degrade over time and run slower which is bullshit.

performance per watt is irrelevant you retard, what matters is power consumption

Constant overheating damages processors too you fuckface. Though since most ipad "pro" users browse 9gag and r3ddit I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

oh naw m8, that'd be weird af lol

Performance per watt correlates with power consumption you einstein. Better performance per watt = lower power consumption. Why do you think nobody takes ARM seriously in the server market?

9.7'' iPad Pro has a 27.9 Wh battery

it lasted 3.58 hours in GFXBench Manhattan 3.1

so entire system consumption during this high load benchmark was 7.79w, this includes the display which uses a watt or two

the iPad Pro 9.7'' can probably dissipate that 5w the chips consume under load just fine

you can have terrible performance per watt but it doesn't matter if you chip still consumes only 1 watt at peak, it'd just mean you're not getting a lot bang for your watt

I have never had a processor break withing five years even when I've ran them constantly at a lot higher temperatures than some weak iPad chip reaches

something like an i5 can probably run 24/7 at 70-80c for five years

The benchmark didn't put the cpu and gpu on max load. You don't wanna find out how much of a power hungry whore the A10X is m8, trust me.

That's the best stat I can find, besides that one dude is saying that playing iPad gaymes causes overheating and those definitely aren't more intense than manhattan.

But it does and games can max out the cpu and gpu. It's all in the cooling, which the ipad pro has none of.

all games run flawlessly on lesser machines, games that push the iPad Pro don't exist

>source: my ass

what game doesn't run fine on a regular A9 ipad? hell even air 2 seems to run everything without issues

That wasn't my point, games can and will stress out the cpu and gpu on systems close to 100% sometimes (ie 3d intensive games) which is why thermal throttling exists for poorly engineered electronics like the ipad "pro".

all games run flawlessly on lesser machines, games that push the iPad Pro don't exist

if a weaker chip can handle it fine then the stronger chip is not pushed

You're fucking retarded m8. I'm gonna stop responding to you now.

After the ipad "pro" experience I'm never getting another apple product for as long as I live.

I'm simply right, games run just fine on weaker iPad models so they can't be pushing the iPad Pro to any limits as the chips in them are even more powerful.

S7 edge

run it as unlimited instead so your phone display isn't a factor

Lmao you never had one you lying nigger

>And you're comparing benchmarks between two completely different operating systems.

That's the whole point of a benchmark you retarded tech illiterate fuck.

Was I supposed to get a higher score?

Is there some standard between the two?

>paying x3 the price of a normal android phone for a little bit higher specs

you're just fucking retarded

Git gud son

>paying the price of a desk pc to get a gigantic tablet with a shitty OS

no thanks

don't forget it guys

not necessarily but it removes resolution differences between different devices as a factor

and also it doesn't limit to 60fps instead it runs the test as fast as it can