Daily reminder that this makes the Loonix Desktop obsolete and useless

Daily reminder that this makes the Loonix Desktop obsolete and useless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsDUtzMkxFk
itworld.com/article/2738325/enterprise-software/how-linux-mastered-wall-street.html?page=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok

It doesn't even have all the features of a Linux VM.

You're never going to be able to replace high performance clusters that run Gentoo, or OpenStack RHEL clusters with this, so good luck.

@60944706
Daily reminder that your life is obsolete and useless.

>high performance clusters that run Gentoo

We run gentoo on our research cluster. We do NAMD+AMBER (molecular dynamics) ergo a lot of MPI dependencies are necessary that we have to compile ourselves anyway so it's no biggie to optimize a few libraries as well. Writing our own ebuilds in overlay make it much easier to roll out incremental updates when you want something tuned right.

>Daily reminder that this makes the Linux Desktop vulnerable to M$ spyware.
FTFY cuck

Daily reminder that this makes Winshit desktop obsolete and useless
youtube.com/watch?v=dsDUtzMkxFk

>you need 2 GPUS and 16GB RAM minimum
>all this shit just to avoid installing windows on your computer

lmao

>only 14.04
i shiggy diggy

Do you know what "desktop" means?

NASDAQ runs gentoo
itworld.com/article/2738325/enterprise-software/how-linux-mastered-wall-street.html?page=3

>2GPUs
It's 2017. Almost all CPUs have integrated graphics.

>16GB RAM
You can do this with 8GB. Again, 2017.

>bash on Windows makes Linux obsolete

The DOS command line is superior to anything Linux has. But Linux is better than Windows for at least half a dozen reasons.

Can you get access to the GPU and do CUDA shit with that? I just started getting into deep learning and all of the projects are tested on Ubuntu but I haven't wanted to make a dual-boot setup so I've just been finding Windows methods of doing things. The problem is not all projects work on Windows as far as I can tell.

Does it have an SSH equivalent?

nobody cares what your box is called user.

Hourly reminder that you're fucking retarded.

winfags never cease to amazing me.

They always try to stay relevant and interesting but never seem to understand just how retarded they sound.

>dos command line superior
I disagree.

Features promised but not delivered in Windows 10:
- package manager
- night mode/dark theme
- tons of features in Edge
- a store with real, high quality applications
- upgrade to W10 mobile for every windows 8 phone

"Features" they said would be disabled with the final release:
- letting users disable the "feedback" botnet
- letting users have control over windows update

>2017
>ubuntu 14.04
Debian stable probably has newer software

why would you use this instead of cygwin?

>chocolatey
>false
>who cares?
>using windows store
>windows phone is just shit (all versions)

>Nothing to hide, nothing to fear
>Works for me

>Nothing to hide, nothing to fear
>yes goy, spy on me i don't have anything to hide, come and sell my data i don't care

ban this fucking shill

I refuse to install Linux shitware on my Windows machine.

>linux users stuck i ncli all day
>still can't read

But I actually have a job so I have to use linux

do
ping Sup Forums.org
for me please and post results

>The DOS command line is superior to
It was single processs. Not superior to anything ever.

Linux is probably the worst operating system ever made. Why would I infect my Windows system with mediocre software and a 1970s shell?

>16 GB RAM
Nigger my laptop came with 16 gigs.

Can confirm. Had to build emacs from scratch because the repo was so outdated.

You have to run the bash as admin and then it has the permission to ping and do other shit u nigger

Bash is the only thing in Linux that is not shit.

>install win10 in a VM on a linux host
>have full control of shitty os
>gets hacked, just boot up a new image of said os

So a half-assed port of Bash is a full replacement for a free and open source system that doesn't spy on you? Haha, fuck yourself. The whole reason that I don't use Winshit is because it violates my privacy, and no closed source placebo tools can stop it. I also enjoy system stability instead of "oh no something happened :( please call support". Windows 10 is by far the worst version of Windows, and I thought 8.1 with the tablet UI was bad. I will never use Wingarbage ever again.

Lolno.

Why you care about your "privacy"?
Are you a pedo or something?

Because it's my fucking right, you damned commie. Post all of your account names and passwords. What are you hiding?

Post your usernames and passwords for all services you use, your phone book, entire web history and list of installed programs. Also please post pictures of yourself, your house and your relatives. You don't care about privacy so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

I care about my privacy when is against hackers and other type of persons.

I don't care bout my privacy if Microsoft wants it to improve their services I use.

>I'm a contradicting retard
fixed that for you.

You are not allowed to see my personal date.

Microsoft is since I use their services, and I accept that they can do with my data whatever they want. So as Sup Forums.

Run gnu+linux bare metal.
The shit tier botnet windows layer is unneccesary.

>"oh no something happened :( please call support"
That's just the pretty message the tards get, if you're an actual poweruser the memory dump is easily accessible to you (Not that I've even seen a single BSOD since 2006)

Cygwin has existed for over 20 years

in GNU*

Bash is part of the GNU operating system.

Night mode happened fyi, no need for flux

Install CloverOS

What a cuck. Also, Sup Forums is not comparable. Microsoft can go through every file in your machine. Sup Forums can't.

What would someone need to know to do something like this? Build script knowledge?

>crappy Linux implementation + everything that makes Windows bad
Who would ever want that?

bash is trash, use ksh or rc.

Nothing to hide nothing to fear should be filtered.

t. Rajesitipalateshtitushara Poteletitastakarantavaresheem

Disgusting. Use Zsh or Fish.

Filters are client side you dope, if you can't ignore it manually then add it to the filter to have the computer deal with it for you.

Because cygwin requires you to recompile applications and runs a full windows process.
WSL can run elf binaries natively and skips the slow process startup windows usually has.

filthy nigger

>what should we call our bash emulator so normie cucks know what it is?
>Bash on ubuntu on windows

>not having a high performance cluster as a desktop

what third world shithole do you live in?

>WSL can run elf binaries natively
it's actually running a real linux kernel or something?

Fine it should be an autoban, whatever.

use dash
NOW

>Ubuntu
I hate how everything says, the word "Ubuntu" is pretty meaningless when applied here. It has apt-get?

There's a driver that implements linux syscalls on top of windows apis.
You get the entirety of Ubuntu including apt-get.
You can even run gui applications but performance is shit because there's no gpu acceleration.

I wonder if anyone's benchmarked the performance between cygwin and WSL

I don't have any numbers but I can tell you that a console prompt that shows the current git branch takes a moment to show up with cygwin.
It's not too long but still long enough to be slightly annoying.

Because this comes with broken networking

Cygwin has always been unbearably slow in my experience, it was the main motivation to migrate to msys2 for me. I'm real curious how WSL compares to that because the whole reason for trying cygwin in the first place was because Interix (and every other name/iteration of it) wasn't very flexible/useful, it seems like this time around they may have finally done it right.

>msys2
I use cygwin for all my regular Linuxy stuff but I use msys2 for compiling my C++ programs. I've never actually noticed any slowness with cygwin.

I wonder if people talking about slowness in cygwin were using the Windows console instead of puttycyg or mintty.

The msys2 package manager is _super limited_, as far as I know it's intended mostly as package manager for MingW.

>broken networking
explain

>The msys2 package manager is _super limited_, as far as I know it's intended mostly as package manager for MingW.
It has enough of the utilities and libraries that I use, but more importantly it has enough for you to bootstrap pkg-src if you really need a better package manager.

>GrayWolfTech

when I can install xfce on windows then I will be satisfied that it can replace linux

>bash on windows is glitchy
>you still get all the negatives of running windows
if windows didn't have gaming cornered it would be finished

>Desktop
>Not just using a CLI

cygwin + swan. checkmate

>not replacing explorer.exe with a tiling window manager

But I still have to have Windows.

Why would I do this over dual booting off another drive

You've been able to use xming (or another x server) on Windows for a long time, you can run X11 through the WSL now too though. I can't seem to find the repository for it, it let you access the framebuffer, audio, and shit. Maybe it's been rolled into the official, I haven't checked.

Old screenshot related.

t. mad