Amoled and IPS

Is the AMOLED screen better than the IPS?

Other urls found in this thread:

androidauthority.com/amoled-displays-now-cheaper-than-lcd-682080/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe not in terms of longevity, but those issues are nowhere near as bad as they were a few generations ago. The screen itself is infinitely superior.

If they can solve screen burn lifespand and cost I'm in. I have a LG OLED 4K TV BTW. I am very careful what I leave on the screen.

I really wish I wouldn't have bought the Galaxy Note when it came out in 2011, because now I can't look at a screen that isn't an AMOLED. I still use my Note 3 and there isn't any burn ins or anything. Quality is superior to other devices.

yeah and who cares if your phone screen lasts two years when the non-removable battery will die at the same time anyway?

no, it's a huge meme. so is oled and other shit. quality ips is better by far

retina>>>POWER GAP>>>>amoled=ips

wow....

AMOLED can't into proper color reproduction. It's much less immersive of an experience than a good IPS screen. OLED still has a good way to go . Hopefully once the ishit jumps on the bandwagon they will iron out some issues with the technology

reddit tier post

Reddit literally sucks amoleds cock

At least amoled has proper blacks.

I'll take shittier blacks over an entire oversaturated color palette

How so

>He doesn't know about the srbg setting

Kek

I have an S7 and I love the screen because black themes give me about an hour more of screen on time. But quality itself isn't that different from other ips screens of the same resolution, people are just stupid.

if you see an AMOLED phone cost more than an IPS phone then that's just maximum overjewing

androidauthority.com/amoled-displays-now-cheaper-than-lcd-682080/

master race posting on s8 plus here. sampled is best

amoled's has better raw gamut, angle-invariant color, and black levels than any LCD, period.

the problem is that the tonemapping systems are fucked and can make things look oversaturated or weirdly colored.

I still wouldn't buy one until they can go 5000+ hours without burn-in/fading on the blue subpixels though.

Yes, it was a massive downgrade going from my old phone with an AMOLED screen to my new one with IPS. I've got to keep the brightness at 25% just to use it indoors compared to the AMOLED screen I kept all the way down unless I was using my phone in direct sunlight for extended periods of time, plus no matter how I adjust the white balance and saturation I can't get the colors to look as nice.

This makes no sense as a position, contrast and black level has all the bearing on how immersive something is, you don't notice if colour temperature or calibration's a bit fucked as long as the balance isn't completely thrown, whereas all the dark tones leveling out at gray in an image is really off putting and obvious.

we could argue about opinions and subjective elements forever

for me, color temperature is much more noticeable than black levels when consuming media on a screen