Daily reminder that this piece of trash has:

Daily reminder that this piece of trash has:

>128 GB
>4 GB RAM
>Intel Core i5
>All soldered parts with 0 repairability report by iFixit.
>Price: $1,099

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg
youtu.be/9NhyDiiaXic?t=311
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its literally for people that want to draw.

If you buy it for some other reason you are a fool.

Now list the benefits.

>128 GB SUPER SONIC DRIVE
>4 GIGABYTE POWER DOUBLE DATA RATE RAM
>INTEL CORE i5, i5s ARE EXPENSIVE?
>PREVENTS HACKERS FROM MESSING WITH VITAL COMPONENTS
>DON'T LIKE IT DON'T BUY IT
inb4 "who are you quoting?"

Thanks for using a trip so I can filter you from my Sup Forums experiencd

Thank you for clearing that up, Pajeet

>soldered parts
>0 repairability report by iFixit
What the actual Fuck, are you a child? do you honestly believe that machine has zero capabilities for repair just because you read it in a magazine or whatever

look at the pic it visibly has parts that I know for a fact can be repaired

but n-trig is not good for drawing. maybe if you just want to take hand written notes it'd be fine.

The fact you can't replace the battery just kills it.

This thing is completely unfixable meaning as soon as you start it up, the timer starts ticking until you have to get a new one.

And the irony is they are advertising it as value for money.

>4 GB RAM
>$1099
that's inexcusable.

No, it literally can't be repaired. It's glued everywhere and to get it apart you basically have to destroy it, go read what's been posted in the last few days.

Sorry pajeet, your device is a scam, doomed to be replaced in a few years.

Ok you list the benefits.

>protip
You can't.

Better off getting a Mac.

You fucking nigger, it's literally a MacBook ripoff.

People here shit on MacBooks because they have soldered parts. But you idiots protect the pajeets.

Not to mention it runs Windshaft S.

Watch this faggot:
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg

>comes with Windows 10
>has 4GB of RAM
did they not learn from Vista?

>implying

None of those shitty pen techs are good for drawing.

none of them are perfect, but by "not good for drawing" i mean significantly worse than the industry standard.

why isn't oil_hair a tag?

If I wanted to draw, I'd buy the thinkpad x1 yoga instead.

For some strange reason, I was hoping that other companies wouldn't follow Apple's example of making computers out of piles of glue.

Actually Winshaft S.

You have to pay extra to "unlock" a full OS.

Kek

>i mean significantly worse than the industry standard

The new pen works really well, though? I haven't done a side-by-side with a Cintiq, but I'd wager it's almost identical at this point.

That's why you need to get on board now, free upgrade for a limited time goy.

youtu.be/9NhyDiiaXic?t=311

pens ok but i dont draw professionally. i use mine for notes and quick drawings (software stuff) and it works great

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

These pads will never be as accurate as a Wacom tablet or cintiq...

However the iPad Pro 10.5" pen is so damn accurate, tried it the other day. The 120Hz display helps.

The released a new pen a couple days ago, user. That's the old one.

do they give them to you for free?

No. And they're a hundred fucking dollars while the old ones were sixty. But they're demonstrably better and it's not like Wacom doesn't charge out the ass for their products anyway.

Why does this not surprise me? In typical pajeet ripoff fashion, MS makes products that look nice on the surface(ironic), but have no idea what actually makes them good.

>hey look our laptop looks like apple now and we even have a pen

Surprise, the pen isn't really anything good for a professional. I should've known.

When will companies understand that people don't want Apple or whatever just because it "looks nice" but because it IS nice as it looks.

Dear MS, try putting the same care underneath as you do on the Surface™.

The updated pen has almost identical performance to the Apple Pencil. And having tested it, I can say that there's almost no lag whatsoever. But I still want to see more artist reviews since I haven't used a modern Wacom tablet.

Eeeeeexactly.

Poojets are always a step behind Apple.

The Microsoft name is forever tarnished anyway. Piece of shit.

Pretty good in comparison with Apple.

>Fullly featured operating system with a touchscreen
macfags absolutely btfo

No one uses a touch screen on a laptop retard. NO ONE

Chromebook pixel does all of this for $200

I have, the cintiq is marginally better but honestly the ntrig is not that bad

yeah, because all the fuckwits conned into buying a macbook don't even have the option!

The issue I had with the sp3/4 pen was the jitter and that you had to move like 2mm for the pen to register movement. Cintiq just felt right.

Is the new pen much better?

What's with this meme. The same shitpost with Surface pro pic

>want to draw
>buying $1000+ POS when you can get a graphics tablet for less than half of that.

As someone who has a SP4, I'm gonna say some shit.

The biggest problem with n-trig is the 'jitter' if you move the cursor too slowly. However if you had any art education you'd know that confident and steady lines need to be fast so drawing slow enough to get the dreaded jitter is nearly impossible unless you're just really bad at it.
Also, most art programs come with built-in stabilizers either already activated (photoshop smooths your lines just slightly) or as features like in Krita and Sai.
I've noticed that it's actually more accurate than wacom(display) tablets when it comes to where the cursor lines up with the pen. You also get nibs; HB and H are practically identical but 2H is a really hard nib and B is really soft. They don't feel like pencils tho'.
The real benefit is that it's smaller than any wacom tablet I've seen. They're still chunky but I can animate pretty okay on it. It doesn't chug too hard for anything 2D but I can't use it for any 3D rendering. Kinda sucks because I then have to use one of the school machines and those are garbage.
Another big problem I have with it is that for some GOD forsaken reason when the cursor hovers too close to the right-side of the screen the action centre pops up. Not only that but since it's a touch screen if I lift my pen just a tiny bit too high but I'm still touching the device it immediately registers my hand press. The palm rejection is really pretty garbage unless you wear a drawing glove (like a hand warmer but it stops at your wrist)
Oh and for some reason the surface app loves to crash after being open for more than a few minutes if you're drawing.

I'm not buying another though. Oh. It loves to just not turn on and not respond to the power button. The official fix is to hold down Volume up and Power and let the screen flash multiple times and then let go and hope it boots.

>Its literally for people that want to draw.
people who draw just get ipad pro

>Buying a Surface Pro
Just buy the new iPad Pro, build a Windows desktop and remote desktop into it if you ever need access to a full Windows desktop on the go

Every time I run into you you are being an asshole chill out a little huh?

This is the reason i wanted one, or the wacom studio pro.

Well looks like we are alone on this. I bought my surface pro 4 for 650€ (new) to be used for:
1: Drawing
2: Movies/series/anime
3: Internet browsing
4: light gaming

Also i'm an resolution & screen quality fanatic and damn this thing has an beautiful screen.

Device is 10/10, just perfect for what i bought it for.

Planning on buying to bluetooth keyboard for it soon.

Still you could have bought an ipad which would have been
1. Cheaper
2. Better for drawing(it's more precise)
3. More stable
4. Had a better screen
And would be at least the same(or even better because of better screen and speakers) for internet browsing and movies/series/anime

A microsd helps for storing movies/series/anime.
The kickstand is way better and takes less space when you detach the typecover. For the iPad to stand, the keyboard has to bw there.

Surface 3 and I use it for drawing.
When it works, it's the best fucking thing ever.
But when it doesn't or bugs out on you, I really want to throw it out of the fucking window.

I use a SP4 pen with it and the positional accuracy is pretty much perfect and the lag is 1/2 that of a Wacom Cintiq or a Penabled Tablet. There's stepping when you're drawing diagonal lines slowly, but I never ran into that issue. What does suck on Ntrig is doing small circles (1-2mm size), which sucks balls for handwriting.
Palm Rejection also sucks balls, but when it re-detects the pen, it automatically undos what your palm has done, so if you accidentally minimized the program, it automatically restores itself.

>do you honestly believe that machine has zero capabilities for repair just because you read it in a magazine or whatever
The computer is literally glued together and the components are soldered on. Any attempt to repair it will fuck it up.

Hold onto your pants, here we go

Wow, what a ride.

>Tiny ssd that's ruined by being soldered
>Possibly "acceptable" RAM that's ruined by being soldered
>i5 for something like this is a meme. i5 is dead.
>You're a faggot

my friend has one because he makes apps for IOS and android with a company. They use windows programs and to do the coding and everything and the SDK runs an emulated tablet on the screen. Usually if he wants to test something he has to code it, build it, install on the tablet (ipad or android) and then test. With the SP4 he can just run it in the emulator and it acts just like the real tablet would.

>shitposts about the surface laptop
>posts pic of the surface tablet
ok

You're not repairing the Surface Pro either.
Shit is glued tight. But if you take drastic measures, you can upgrade the SSD.

1. Cheaper.
- True

2. Better for drawing(it's more precise)
- From my own experience surface is very precise too. More importantly i need windows/x86 & x64 based software for my work.

3. More stable
- Ofc, apple devices are so closed that user has no way of doing something that might compromise system stability.

4. Had a better screen.
- Both devices do have very good quality displays with good color calibration and decent colormap coverage.

When it comes to audio i can guarantee that surface wins with it's 2 front mounted speakers on both sides of the screen. Sound quality is good and leveled up w/o any distortion even when using full volume.

Also Apple being apple has a very closed environment especially on mobile/tablet devices which in my needs would make it pretty much useless as i need a lot of customs applications on my work.

>windows solders and glues parts
>Sup Forums gets mad
>blackberry doesn't solder or glue parts
>Sup Forums gets mad

lol

you retards don't know what you want.

GB
GB RAM
>>Intel Core i5
Upgradable.

>>Price: $1,099
That's not the starting point. The starting point is $999

>All soldered parts with 0 repairability report by iFixit.
That's the Surface Laptop, not the Surface Pro.

Try harder.

>The starting point is $999
Starting point is actually 799 if you get the shitty processor.

just because its glued doesnt mean it cant be repaired, all modern phones are glued/soldered, etc, but ppl still repair them.
100% fucking russians will buying these broken laptops repairing them and selling them for profits. I fucking guarantee it. You fucking knowing how to use soldering iron or heat gun needs a fucking diploma?

$1099 for something with 4gb of ram?
fuck that