Are there any Sup Forums uses for a $13 tablet?

Are there any Sup Forums uses for a $13 tablet?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tvPrzb5STBZGW
youtube.com/watch?v=NHKHln_R5HQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to see whether I have any emails and the time at a glance. Was thinking of getting a cheap tablet to do exactly that, this seems like a good option.

The thing with cheap tablets is that they have screens with viewing angles so bad that your eyes get two different images. Would not recommend, even for free unless you are ultra resistant to headaches.

well what is a good sub 80$ table to read my waifu comics on?

was considering the $45 one for a HTPC since it has mini-hdmi out

THIS. Imagine the cheapest screen from 15 years ago, and consider how craptastic it's brightness/viewing angles are.

VLC/podcast/ebook machine

Kindle Fire HD

needs to be 9" or more, 8" is too small
also botnet

Look what video formats support and search for some reviews on youtube, because a lot of tablets are laggy with fullhd videos

use it as an alarm clock and maybe mount it to the wall.

>search on the rainforest for this
>it doesn't exist

Imagine going to 1976 and telling somebody that one day for the price of three cheeseburgers you would be able to buy a portable computer with a vivid color screen that reacts to touch, can use radio waves to connect to a huge global network of billions of people, and has thousands of times more storage than the average computer they can buy today.

I know everything is terrible, but being able to buy computers so cheap and not being excited about it fucks me up.
I got a shitty android settop box for 5 bucks recently. This thing is faster than the computer I had while growing up, but I am not excited. It is odd.

I mean, they are just fine if you intend to use them as a Facebook machine. It lags, but it would do baby boomers a lot better than 4-figures on something that they'll not use to its maximum potential.

don't.
my friends gave me one for birthday (along with other things thank god) and it's the most useless thing ever

user experience is so bad you'd end up wanting to use a pentium 4 with CRT monitor on your lap for everyting, if you have a somewhat decent phone it'll be better at everything. i even rooted it, got rid of everything google and modified the kernel governor for max performance but it's still too slow

only use i can think for it is some sort of home server but at that point get yourself a raspberry, better I/O and better specs too

because technology has now reached dystopian nightmare levels and you can't see it (bc u're dum) but your gut can feel it

too much choice is bad for humans.
we live at the best times ever, but we can't appreciate it and always whine, want more.

the solution if fascist state and possibly forbid technology to force people to go back to their roots and start taking care of their families.

forgot to say, it can be easily opened and there's still hardware material so i'm thinking about using the main board to make a DIY tablet in a wooden enclosure by adding a 720P IPS (think the connection can handle it), new battery (this one lasts less than 2 hours of true use) and maybe active cooling to overclock the shit out of it.

main bottleneck will be the ram (only 512mb) and i think it has a really slow ROM, but i can think of increasing the I/O with the USB OTG, who knows maybe i can even add an ethernet port or an external powered HUB and make it a legit home server, i don't know how the bootloader works and if i can put Armbian on it.

as said, we live in a world full of cheap technology and it's up to us to play with it.

too bad i don't have time anymore to play with things i don't need

>be 1960s HAM radio guy
>keep in touch with old WWII buddies and making new friends using HAM radio
>keep detailed log books, push pin maps, and copious notes about the conversations you had
>look forward to one day impressing the hell out of your grandkids with all your radio mastery

>2017
>grandkids have no idea what you are talking about
>think you are weird
>think you are a technical moron cause you don't know the proper type of charging cable for an iPhone

I feel you man. Nowadays I get excited when I run same old programs via different ways in all sort of machine (virtualization, remote control via ssh, running android on vm to see what you can do). Or remote controlling VM via ssh. Endless possibilities.
Especially android devices, they are completely dead to me, but vm it sounds like ton of fun.

would a windows tablet like that make a good, quiet, low-power seedbox?

Everything will be good as a seedbox, even android has good torrent clients. But again, a raspi will be better

Funny enough cheap screens from 15 years ago looked way better than cheap screens now.

>what is DSTN/STN panel

Then say 25 years ago. Pretty much everything is TFT (Active Matrix) by the year 2000.

>Be HAM operator you described
>Show grandkids radio and how it works
>Come home one day and the kids are blabbering away about Pokemon. Not using call signs!
>Report them to the FCC and have them taken away
HAM operators are shitty people with nothing better to do than hunt you down for stepping into their super secret club with no license and I can't wait until they all die.

Probably better off with a RPi3
Better software support

1920x1200 windows tablet

amazon.com/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tvPrzb5STBZGW

Probably better than my flashed kindle fire hd

>amazon.com/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tvPrzb5STBZGW
Very cool

can I install gentoo on this thing?

I was intrigued by this $13 tablet and read a couple of reviews but it really is a piece of shit. It's too feeble to run even simple games, so it's not really suitable as a disposable kid's toy, and too laggy to use as a computer substitute if you're dirt poor. If I was dirt poor and needed the cheapest possible way of getting online outside of a public library, I'd get a second hand tablet, pretty much anything is guaranteed to be better than this.

Watch LTV's video on it. It's just as you describe it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NHKHln_R5HQ

i have a pretty cheap tablet and it was alright but the screen was terrible. I mostly used it for reading ebooks and online articles. like another user said the viewing angles are disgusting and the resolution was pretty bad too. It was also pretty slow, didn't bother with gaming but it would probably be a painful experience (i'll blame the game devs a bit more than the device). In order to read without eye strain i had to keep it at a certain angle i eventually got used to this. If you could spend a bit more money on something with better screen resolution it would be decent.

Yes, probably. Where can I get 10?

>lagdroid

>Z3735F
don't
i have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with the same chip and it's so sluggish it's unbelievable

i found these by searching my local store using the walmart app. you need to app to see prices at your store (can't just use the website)

you're retarded. i don't say a prayer every time i pick up some aspirin or toilet paper. tech moves on, you should too.

I use a Teclast X80 Plus for that - think it cost me about $70 when I bought it but the price has gone up since then. So much faster than a cheap Kodi box, and I can unplug and take it out with me.

>i don't say a prayer every time i pick up some aspirin or toilet paper.
ungrateful fuck. you should be thankful that you don't have to live in the shithole that was the 90's.

Voyager 3 is okay tho. It's my go to discreet tablet in which I read my fucked up chinese cartoon at.

Also, it's my go to leeching machine for shit like torrent and shit. I've never log on to any of my fb or twitter with this shit so it won't be traced back to me when shit happens

Any tips on how to make windows 8 not be fucking terrible I'm a tablet? I have a similar tablet and can't stand it

the 90s were amazing I wish I could go back

>i was born in le wrong generation.
>does anyone else remember the 90's.
>oh man drinking soddy pop with my pals at the movie theatre was so rad.
>this is literally the worst generation
kill yourself you fucking cuck.

Get a kindle fire and mod it. Bet it has better specs than those pieces of shit.