That friend who still buys CDs and DVDs

>that friend who still buys CDs and DVDs
>that friend who still uses VGA and DVI
>that friend who still has a dumb phone

CDs and DVDs are fine
Good luck finding HDMI or DP on server hardware. VGA and DVI are still fine for legacy devices
I got a dump phone again after using smartphones for almost 7 years. I don't need a phone which tells me everyday that theres traffic jam on my way to work. That's just annoying as fuck.
I call people. That's it.

>that normalfag who comes to the technology board

i still use a dumbphone for calling because i'm not a fucking imbecile. enjoy charging your phone every 1-2 days

stop shitting on brickphones OP. How many fucking computers do I need

>Every 1-2 days
The hilarious thing is that smartphones have actually become even worse since you stopped using them.

CDs are useful for if you want to print graphics on them and give out a bunch for a specific purpose.

most cars still come with CD players, home theatre setups are only really worth it if you're using bluray 4k versions

>that friend who still uses VGA and DVI
nothing wrong with DVI

that friend who still doesn't have The BotnetTM in their pocket

I wish I could be that guy. It must be really easy.

>it's not new so it's bad/useless
i bet you line up for each new iploxe too, faggot

I have dumb phone, after replacing the battery it now last for literally months with no charging, can your iShit beat that?

how you check your facebook notifications then? Do you have tablet with yourself for this?

I bet OP has never heard of dual-link DVI

>most cars still come with CD players
No they don't

old ones do.

Man, screw you - DVI's great. They still put it on even the newest cards. Dumbphones are also great, smartphones were a mistake for most people.

What's wrong with DVI?

CDs are dead
DVDs are still OK for movies though I prefer Blu Ray. Streaming is fine too of course but I want to have all my media on my HDD if possible.
I still use DVI because I don't see a reason to get a new GPU with Display Port
I use a regular pre paid cell phone because I don't want companies and government to know my exact location wherever I go. Plus my phone can go 2 weeks on a charge.

I don't use facebook or any other social media

>facebook
oh shit that's hilarious. Is this... it this b8? Possibly sarcasm... gonna have to investigate.

>he buys his music on iTunes
>he pretends video cables are made for his battlestation
>he pretends phones are not here to plan a meetup, but the meetup itself

ITT: OP gets the fuck out

>Not using VGA
do you even 3840x240?

>>that friend who still has a dumb phone
Sadly 90% of Sup Forums is that and they're even proud of it

>Look at me I'm smarter because I use obsolete tech

The fuck was that last one

I use tech that does exactly what it's supposed to without spying and sniffing more than necessary for it to work.

>Facebook
O MY SUMMERFAG

You have to go back.

Joke's on you I don't have a single friend let alone a normie one like op described

where do you talk to your normie friends then?

That friend listens to better quality music, and DVDs have a better a/v quality than your streams.

kek, I still use vga, all my hardware devices are ancient

A dumbphone has way fewer features than a smartphone, you complete idiot.
>b-but I don't use them
Don't act superior because you don't make use of features everyone else does

Kill yourself

In person at work
I'd blow my brains out if I had to talk to them outside of work

Yes they do

I act superior because I don't need a smart phone to have those features. I can check Facebook myself.

I don't think you know what the word "friend" means

Not on your phone you can't. Or at least not at anything but dinosaur speeds

They specified that the "friend" is a normie.
My autist friends and I use IRC.
Those guys I actually like

I'm sorry your brain is too small to understand my comment. Let me explain it to you like I would explain it to a 5 year old:

I don't get a hardon because I don't use certain features. It's just a fact that a regular phone does exactly what it's supposed to (that is enabling me to talk to people) while a smartphone does more than the user is typically aware of. I'm not talking about installing apps, using Facebook or anything. These are totally valid features for people who use them. It's just that smartphones hide more data connections and running applications from the user than necessary for them to operate properly. They constantly track the user, they potentially can transmit ANY personal data to people the user might not want to have that data and you can't stop them because on most smartphones you can't even remove the battery so it's absolutely impossible to turn them off.

off yourself normie

>Not on your phone you can't.
That's what I just said.

>Kill yourself

Stream 4k, and buy mp3s goy.

Smartphones killer application is the ability to shit post discreetly while taking a dump at work. Hauling a laptop in is too conspicuous

>That friend who spends $10 a month to listen to 320kbps mp3's only when he has an internet connection

Sorry to break it to you but anything highter than 320kbps is a meme.

>That friend who spends any amount of money on something he could have on his hard drive for free.

>mp3
what is this 2003??

>a regular phone does exactly what it's supposed to
That's where you're wrong.
A smartphone is so far removed from what people used to call a phone that it makes no sense to compare them. Smartphones are computers that fit in your pocket, and also have the capacity to make phone calls, but that's absolutely not their main point. Fucking no one buys the latest thousand dollar Samsung thinking "this thing is going to be fucking great at calling people"
People expect their phone to let them access various internet services, which a dumbphone simply cannot.

You claim that smartphones track people, which isn't wrong, but people just don't care. Why should they ? Their devices works a thousand times better than what they had before. Plus, if you have basic know-how, you can disable any tracking services yourself.

it's like sooooo old dude lmao! it's the current year after all!

>I act superior because I need to use a computer to do something while other people don't
ok

Low bandwidth.

>you can disable any tracking services yourself

Now that's a sound argument.

Smart phones are computers too.

>you can disable any tracking services yourself.
No.

You know very well what I meant you complete retard

I'm sorry but arguing against that statement would be like trying to disprove you can breathe in space. Total waste of time. With proprietary system software there is literally no way you could ever sure of ANYTHING.

>what is this 2003??
Stream 4k, and alac user.

TFW DVDs have better a/v quality, and cds are cheap as fuck while flax conversation are free.

>I still buy cd-bd
>I still buy rw and r variants
>I still buy 99min CD-Rs for those rare occasions that can't be dealt with normally
>Flash drives store more for cheap but are easily lost and aren't write protected once data is added
>Only one of these mediums is good for long time frames
Did you know laserdisc lived enough to have rewritables?

Remember to archive with physical mediums

Unless you can prove there's malware embedded in the SoC or the proprietary drivers, it's a fact that you can disable all tracking features.

>Sorry to break it to you but anything highter than 320kbps is a meme

You can 320kbps a CD if you want, and it would still be cheaper than icoons.

Japanese dumb phones are cute.

>Did you know laserdisc lived enough to have rewritables?
Didn't know this, but Japanese LD mysic albums were awesome af.

What about the hidden ones?

Hidden where?

>cheaper
This is not CD vs iTunes. It's CD vs free music because things like Deezloader exist. Who the fuck pays for music?

>tfw with my tinnitus I probably couldn't even hear that extra difference

related

I'm sorry but I mean... shit... you literally have the choice between paying or not paying for the same thing.

>Who the fuck pays for music?
Adults

CD and DVD are still good options

VGA sucks but DVI is still fine

>DVD
Depends. For a new movie it's crap but I recently bought The Stand on DVD and I gotta say, this shit could never take advantage of Blu Ray.

Dumb adults*

iPhone users?

E911 triangulation... You know, the one that's mandated by US law

An adult should be mature enough not to pay for music. It's a waste of money. Children waste money because they don't have a sense of value but adults should know that if you're offered a choice you always opt for not spending money if the product you get is the same with both options.

>facebook
How old are you? 60?

You wouldn't pirate a blowjob, then why would you pirate music user?

>44.1/16-bit
What is this?
Fucking 2006?

That works with dumbphones as well, and it's not hidden.

This is straight niggertalk. If you're an adult then you understand that compensating an artist for their work is the best course of action. Even if the artist gets shafted by their labels.

>You wouldn't pirate a blowjob,

I would.

How though? Asking for a friend.

My mom used to buy movies, then I taught her how to use torrents.

>if the product you get is the same
I have no guarantee the product I am getting is the same. Ergo, I'd rather just rip the thing myself.

If you're and adult then you understand that artists don't significantly contribute to national or international economy and shouldn't be paid for being lazy.

What if I enjoy their product and want to contribute to them making more, especially in the case of smaller artists that aren't on any label of some kind and whom don't live in an area where I can support them via live venues?

Maybe go to a whore, let her suck me off and then walk away without paying. Or maybe kill her if she starts following me around. I'd probably use a hammer of some sort and I think I'd bury the body somewhere close to Route 54 near Tecolote, New Mexico. Hypothetically speaking because I have never done such a thing in 1995.

>the music industry doesn't exist
>hollywood doesn't exist

Who would make all the logos for Sup Forums projects if not artists?

I'm an adult and I understand that to buy something I have to pay money for it. Music is a product, and people have to pay for it unless offered for free by artist/label/retail providers. If you want to steal something that's your own call to make.

>All my media is digital
>Don't own a computer
>Dumb phone

How fucked am I

>not just using what I use
>not just doing what i do
>not just being me
Fucking. Disgusting.
You know why this board has gone to the dogs? Because of fucking PUKE like you faggots.

>that autistic sperglord that complains about trivial stuff

>steal
You don't steal though because you download a copy.

You're stealing a sale from them buy acquiring a counterfeit copy rather than paying for a legitimate one.

That's a lot of work just to steal a blowjob. Hypothetically speaking.