Freelancer

How do you start at Freelancer?

You don't unless you want to be forced to complete huge projects for $20.

Go to college, get certified, and or go to a trade school.

>Go to college, get certified
i am in college, i thought freelancer jobs could be interesting thing to do during summer vacation
>huge projects
how huge are we talking about?
how hard would be for newbie to get something out of it?
what are the requirements?
how much experience do you need to have?

>i am in college, i thought freelancer jobs could be interesting thing to do during summer vacation
You'd be better off getting a real job or going after your certs.

>>huge projects
>how huge are we talking about?
>how hard would be for newbie to get something out of it?
Complex projects that span over days or weeks

>what are the requirements?
You live in a third world country where $20 is like $2,000 in your country.

>how much experience do you need to have?
not much, just enough to pass as a code monkey

What can you do? I mainly look at examples and previous work. I have had people with nearly blank profiles and no previous work do 10/10 jobs while others decent profiles fail.

>You'd be better off getting a real job or going after your certs.
good luck getting a real job without any job experience and even if you do, you will simply be unable to do both college and work at the same time (time, complexity..)
>You live in a third world country where $20 is like $2,000 in your country.
not exactly india here, but yeah 20$ is like double from what i would get hourly to do some shitty job here via student service

Freelance in what?
Web design? Better have a few websites made already - make one for yourself to show off all the neat things you can do.

Editing/writing? Have samples. Write a fucking blog.

I can't advise you if I don't know what direction you want to go in.

Also don't be desperate - people will take advantage of you.

>not exactly india here, but yeah 20$ is like double from what i would get hourly to do some shitty job here via student service
user, without good upwork history you won't get paid $20 hourly as a freelancer, you'll get paid $20 for finishing a project that would take a you at least a day or maybe even a few days.

Finding a real job without experience is easier than the same thing but as a freelancer.

In both cases you need real marketable skills.
In both cases you'll have to apply a lot.
In case of freelance you're also have to compete with pajeets and slavs who can do your job but ten times cheaper.
Until you'll have a good public history as a freelancer, no one will hire you on a serious project and pay you real money.

software architecture
c language, c++, x86 assembly

>c language, c++, x86 assembly
I don't want to discourage you but good luck with that
Most of the jobs that require assembly or C are related to embedded

Anyway
>Register on upwork
>Set up your profile, put up links on to your projects on github/commits to open-source projects, etc.
>Apply to jobs to earn hours/positive reviews
>After you've done doing a bunch of homeworks for free, apply to real jobs

Relevant thread
Where can I hire someone for a quick tool in C that would take under 30mins to make

Is Freelancer the best site for freelancing?

Go on.

What do you mean go on
I'm just a dumbo looking to hire someone for a small program I need

Depends on what you know.

Not true, but I also wouldn't recommend relying on freelance income.

I learned Lua for Garry's Mod in high school as a hobby and eventually people started paying me to make stuff for their servers. There have been a few marketplaces that sprung up around the game for selling mods. In college I'd spend a few weeks working on an addon or two over my breaks. For the amount of effort it took, it was well worth it. I estimate that I made at least $30-$60 per hour I put into these projects (including maintenance and handling support tickets). Since I started (about 3-4 years ago) I've made over $30,000 from it (at the peak following a release during the Summer when kids are out of school, I was making upwards of $800-1100 a month). Now I have a real job but my stuff is stable enough that it requires minimal effort to support, so it just sits there and collects money. If you don't believe me, just look at www.scriptfodder.com.

It's probably pretty rare to find a niche like this, and there's a fair bit of time and effort that goes into learning the APIs and figuring out what players want enough to pay for. There's also far more competition now than when I started. All of that said, though, I regret not doing internships while in college. Could have made more money and had more to show on my resume. Made for pretty relaxing breaks though.

Describe the program, dingus.

Sorry
It's basically like a macro that I'm not good at explaining but I can try my best with photoshop, give me a minute

Like this if that makes sense

If you need to automate some key presses/mouse input, there's a bazillion programs that do that already

Yes but the problem is I also need it hard to find for both humans and software
Which is where the hiring part comes in
Basically it needs to disguise itself as a regular process when running (like lsass or something) and completely remove itself when it closes (clearing itself from prefetch, restarting explorer. deleteing itself)
I don't think I can do that with ahk/autoit and I definitely don't have the knowledge to do it if I can

Don't go to those freelancing sites. It's beggars undercutting beggars. Just work with the stuff you learned as a hobby, and make a network of people, then start working for one, then the other, and go from there.

Seriously, I did 5 jobs for upwork. My first job was some guy asking me to do his college assignment for $25. I remember this vividly, because the assignment was to make a C# application connect to an Access database (what in the fuck?), and he wanted me to write the dissertation to. I did 5 jobs, and that was it. Got $200 out of it. Never again.

>freelance online
>assembly
Yeah. No, really.
From those you listed, C++ is used on big projects, not the kind of stuff you do in freelancing. The freelancing market for the other two is almost zero.

lol tfw I made about 100k a year for the past years on shitty upwork projects. keep going to school while I have 10 years of experience and lots of cash and a name made in the industry.

Don't fucking go to school, start LEARNING.

Freelancing is a very complex thing. I am from Bangladesh and I do some freelancing. Most of them are web, android and wordpress related. Like somebody was saying, 20 dollars is 20000 is in my country.

Let me tell you how you get a job. First of all, every client wants to see your rating and successful jobs. If you are new, you got none. So post some jobs using different account and ip, do those jobs using your real account and give yourself a rating.

It will take some money and time to accomplish.

Recently, I did a small job of 5 dollar. An email parser. And currently doing an android messaging app. This massaging app is being done by me and two of my friend for 2 weeks, the total budget is 300 dollars, and after 1 week, we got only 50 and not sure where this project will land.

And also, the fucking middlemen. Those with a good profile, rating and connection often take a job from a client in a freelancing site and then post the same job in much lower price in the same or different site. For example, Once I made a wordpress template for 20 dollars. I discovered somebody posted the same job for over 100 dollar and my "client" just took the job, posted in much lower price and earned more than 70 dollars doing nothing.

The whole online free lancing sector is fucked.