Is Firefox secure yet ?

With the latest multi-process update and its interface that is still better than Chrome's, I'm thinking about getting Firefox back as my main browser again.

My last problem with it is security : I know that it wasn't sandboxed for a long time (Chrome, IE, Edge, Opera and Safari are), and it seemed to be the least secure of all. Now I heard that they had begun to sandbox tabs, but I can't find anything on it.

Is it sandboxed yet ? Can I trust it ?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/V-5G9dWJEXo/S9qxkg9EAgAJ
wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Support NetRunner, Sup Forums's web browser

Well I'm not against it, but if something as big as Mozilla struggles to make a secure browser, why should I trust a random group of Sup Forums posters ?

No it's not retard. Why should it be bait ?

>Chrome's sandbox being any good

>Not pwned at Pwn2Own
>Not having any source

It just needs javascript support and scripting abilities for addons, literally all it needs.

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.dev.platform/V-5G9dWJEXo/S9qxkg9EAgAJ
You can run firejail too

Firefox will never be secure because it's filled with liberal retard SJW.

That's why it's gotten so bad and only getting worse, they wont make it fully secure because they love brown cock and proper sandboxing is like trumps wall keeping out the Mexicans they want to suck the cocks of so much.

That's the least subtle thread hijacking I've seen in my entire Sup Forums life.

You may go back to Sup Forums and fuck yourself.

Nah, I'm fine here thanks.

Firefox has to appeal to the general user aka NORMIES-REEEEEE. Smaller project browsers do not and can therefore focus on security at the expense of other features.

It's still slower than chrome.

lol mate you bl

wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox

Sandboxing is enabled on all processes except the compositor process on windows. They're in the process of tightening the restrictions now.

someone ban this kid

>muh firafox
>pwned at Pwn20wn in 44 hours

Can confirm

Well, that's exactly why I made a thread about it, retard.

Thank you.

From my usage it's not slower, and doesn't crash my whole session because an i5 and 4GB or RAM aren't enough for some bloated website, unlike Chrome.

Or just be the change you want to see and contribute to Mozilla directly. It's more practical.

Their ridiculously long and nerdy list of requirements will never make it in Firefox. That's why they make their own.

Mozilla is filled with Firefox will never be what NetRunner will