> leave desktop running
> get back
> windows 10 has frose, unresponsive to Ctrl + Alt + Del
> hard Reboot
> windows boots up
> installing updates, please wait ...
> reboots after some minutes
> installing updates, please wait ...

I think I'm finally ready to install Gentoo.

I've mocked you guys for a long time but I think I've finally realised that Microsoft no longer has the general public's best interest at heart.
Why do you guys recommend gentoo ? Why not Ubuntu ?

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Supercomputers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Way too obvious flamewar post. Try again next time and come back with a better story

I'm serious man, seems that windows is perpetually updating. When it's not installing updates it's busy downloading them.

Gentoo is end game start with something simple and work your way up trisquel would be a easy choice that would respect your freedom.

>recommending freetard shit

OP if you want an easy to set-up and usable distro pick one of these:
>Ubuntu
>Fedora
>Antergos
>Solus

Then move onto something like Debian, Arch or Gentoo if you want.

Windows is getting weird for sure. For starters Windows 10 installed itself when I wasn't looking. Then the thing that made me stop using 10 altogether was Cortana started using a lot of cpu resources when I shut Cortana off.
>talking to gf who dislikes fast food
>Jokingly say "We should get Domino's for dinner!"
>5 mins later theres Domino's ads on the sidebar on websites
>notice computer (T420) is spewing out heat
>check processes
>Cortana - CPU time 0:59
>NOPE!
I haven't touched my Thinkpad since. I'm sure the microphone listens and advertises based on what it hears. Plus the other telemetry shit I just can't trust Microsoft anymore. The updates are another story but yeah they're really a minor annoyance incomparison to the invasion of privacy to that degree.
>inb4 everything steals your data and mines the shit out of you
I know but this is NSA style shit to get me to order a pizza. Fuck Windows.

Yeah everyone just fucking loves turning their computer on to be forced to wait through half an hour of updates.

Take back control of your hardware and install some free software.

Trisquel is literaly just downstream ubuntu and it runs faster due to the lack of canonical's bloatware

>Why do you guys recommend gentoo ?
>Being this dumb
Listen: you are either a newfag or a dumbass. Maybe both. Understand this: nobody is genuinely recommending gentoo. Gentoo is a piece of shit. If you want a legitimate linux experience, consider Ubuntu, Debian or Fedora.

>Antergos
>Solus
Go away, Kevin.

>Debian
freetard shit
>Fedora
broken

>be at work
>coworker goes on break
>he comes back to windows updating
>takes TWO HOURS to update
>he's stuck doing office bitch work while his computer updates

>>Jokingly say "We should get Domino's for dinner!"
mins later theres Domino's ads on the sidebar on websites
Shit like this has been happening to me as well.

well if you don't prefer freetard shit there's always Windows because whatever linux distro you choose %99 of OS will be free as in freedom and no, Fedora isn't broken

>Fedora isn't broken
Yes it is its a fucking testing distribution and their model of releases completely dismisses bug reports rather than address them.

>Why do you guys recommend gentoo ?
It's a joke. Don't actually use gentoo.
Use Mint.

You're going to try some simple flavor of linux, like ubunti

and you're going to try and install something simple and realize how many fucking hoops you have to jump through

then one of the programs you use all the time won't work right

then you'll realize you can't play any of your games either

then you'll uninstall unbando and reinstall windows 7.

Linux is for autists who don't want anything to work correctly. They want an operating system that you have to spend 40 hours just to get kind of working okay.

If you have a job, and can't spend 40 hours a week babysitting your OS, stick with windows 7.

Just use oogaboogu.

Dumb deskposter

>and you're going to try and install something simple and realize how many fucking hoops you have to jump through
sudo apt-get install or sudo dnf install
Difficult
>then you'll realize you can't play any of your games either
Dual boot
>Linux is for autists who don't want anything to work correctly.
Yeah that's why large organizations use it, because it's trash and doesn't work.
They want an operating system that you have to spend 40 hours just to get kind of working okay.
If you're retarded and install some experimental niche distro.

>using apt-get
fuck off

switch to linux or install windows 7; for fuck sake being afraid of your own fucking hardware is so silly, you paid for the hardware with your hard earned money, you have right to be not listened with YOUR own fucking hardware.

>sudo apt-get install
Already a failure for anyone who isn't an autist with the time to look up and memorize a bunch of commands.

>Dual boot
Or you can just boot windows 7, have everything just werks, and ignore the pile of shit that is linux and the 80+ hours it takes to configure it properly.

>Yeah that's why large organizations use it, because it's trash and doesn't work.
Large organizations use it because they can afford to pay people for the time it takes to actually learn linux. They also have to configure their systems whether it's windows or linux, so there's no out-of-the-box-just-werks magic like there is using windows at home.

>If you're retarded and install some experimental niche distro.
Any of the big linux distros are a complete failure with their user interface and design. You idiots actually expect people to learn commands for the command line interface. It's a fucking joke operating system made by people so smart that they end up being stupid. Linux will NEVER take off so long as it continues to require the user to actually study and learn how it works.

Do you see people looking up command lines for their android phones?
Do you see what marketshare android phones have?

Maybe one day it will finally sink in for you linux autists that you need to make the OS simple for normal people to use it. Until that day (which I seriously doubt will ever come along - we're over 25 years in and linux STILL can't compete with windows, sad.) Linux will remain an ignorable blip in the market; a niche product for people with no jobs and too much time on their hands. Meanwhile those of us who actually value our time, and need to get actual work done, will continue using windows.

>literally too much of a brainlet to memorize ONE command.

You are 100% right. I think I'm gonna go with Debian and and virtualize Windows 10 to play gaymes. They are the only reason I'm still a Windows babby after all.

More like apt-shit

>im not just a shill im retarded too

>order non-free takeaway on a non-free website
>gives me an eta of 90 minutes
>whatever, it usually arrives earlier
30 minutes later
>car pulls up outside my house
>guy gets out and pulls takeaway out from the back seat
>checks his phone
>promptly puts food back in the car and drives away

Complaining to the "restaurant" isn't going to do anything. How do I get this asshole fired, or better yet, killed?

lincuck sucks

>a niche product for people with no jobs and too much time on their hands.
>Large organizations use it because they can afford to pay people for the time it takes to actually learn linux.
What did the pajeet mean by this?

By all means, keep burying your heads in the ground (or up your asses as more often seems the case); Windows continues to have the majority marketshare in the home, to the point of virtual monopoly.

This has happened because:
You don't need to know any commands of any sort to use it
Installation and uninstallation of programs is easy
Virtually everything people want to run is compatible
Basic users can do everything they want to do, painlessly and easily

Guess what also follows this formula?
iOS, and Android

Both of these have more significant marketshare than Linux, because they are linux/unix that have been designed with the typical user in mind - NOT an autistic neet with too much time on his hands.

Do linux autists want their operating system to gain marketshare?
Yes? - Then linux autists need to make it simpler and easier to use.
No? - Then do nothing and leave the operating system as it is. You'll go another 25 years with no progress.

All of us with an IQ above room temperature can figure this out.
Linux autists still can't understand.

You keep bringing up Android. You know it runs off the "big bad Linux" right?
As I said before
>im not just a shill im retarded too

stay away from niggerbuntu!

look here for your distro of choice: distrowatch.com/

You are operating under the false assumption that Windows is easier to use, it isn't.

Also you are a projecting moron.

How are you going to change my picture? :)

I have room to be smug, because windows is absolutely dominating linux.

Feel free to make your shitty autist-OS into something decent at ANY time. I'll be happy to use it when you do.

For now though - you can continue to pretend that everyone else is wrong and you are right, and linux is just perfect how it is. And my image will continue to be true as you spiral away to irrelevance.

I am right; the market knows I am right. You have absolutely nothing to show for your precious linux except hobbyist neets installing it on their computers to play around with. Linux is a toy, it is not an operating system for the actual market.

Anyone in an actual IT job is going to be interacting with Linux at some point. A large portion of servers run Linux pajeet.

Get turbofucked, tripster zon.

>2017
>Not having a network wide update server for Windows to handle this kind of shit
My friend, thou art a plebeian.

We're not talking about linux at work though, are we?

You've had people "using linux at work" (largely just sysadmins, not your average users, lol) and it has changed absolutely nothing for TWENTY FIVE (25) YEARS

Until idiots like you wake up and smell the coffee, windows is going to dominate 25 years more.

Here's what you need to do:
1. Admit that I am right; to yourself - not me. I don't give a fuck about the validation. What's important is you pull your head out of your ass
2. Pull your head out of your ass
3. Start working to solve the problems linux has with normie-usability

Until then, your shit operating system will continue to spiral down the drain.

I can't make it any clearer to linux autists, but you're all too dumb to get it. Easier to just blame everyone else than actually listening to criticism and fixing it.

Linux will never gain appreciable marketshare if it continues the way it is.
On the other hand, if you actually listen to me, and take action to improve linux, it'll be "the desktop OS everyone uses!" within 2-5 years, guaranteed.

Make it easy for normies to use, you retards.
Design your operating system for retards, you retards.

Or leave it how it is and wallow in your sub 2% marketshare, whatever.

>marketshare
oh shit, abandoning everything so I can be part of a larger number
suck shit linux fags

what does virtualize Windows 10 mean ?

This sounds like shit I want to do.

Can I virtualize windows 10 in Ubunto ?

bearable tripfag

>distrowatch.com/
> Debian is the biggest Linux distro

Funny, the guys on the ubunto website also said they were the biggest linux distro ?

Anyway I wanna go with a big distro and Debian sounds cooler thatn Ubantu so I guess debian it is then.

Isn't Ubuntu a fork of Debian?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Public_servers_on_the_Internet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Supercomputers

Also,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category

Honestly OP, if you're too stupid for Windows 10, you're far, far too dumb for any linux distro.

Just install Ubuntu. It works.

Another thing about windows 10, it just isn't as transparent anymore.
I mean there's like two control panels now ("settings" for the metro side of it and then the regular control panel). It's unbelievable. It's like two operating systems crammed into one in a way that just isn't very elegant.
It just feels like bloated garbage at this point.

>I mean there's like two control panels now
fucking still?
>just isn't very elegant
that's putting it nicely. there's absolutely no reason for m$ to spend years just to port a control panel. it's pathetic

>I can't make it any clearer to linux autists, but you're all too dumb to get it.
how dumb do you have to be to not realize that apple already has the "herr durr I like shiny things" market locked down. What a stupid fucking idea to try and steal market share from them. Meanwhile linux is always working on "normie" usage, but the problem is that windows has a lock on the gaming sector and that's the real issue

why don't you pull your own head out of your own ass.