>coworkers can write the same code for less effort using Atom or JetBrains

>Install Gentoo for maxiumum security
>Patch the grsec kernel
>It's not actually that bad

>Dont use spotify since its botnet
>Friend shows me spotify
>Can play any song you want for free
>no skip limit on desktop

Which Sup Forums memes did you fall for?

Other urls found in this thread:

sueisntfine.bandcamp.com/album/s-t-demo-remastered
vim.spf13.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing really. I do the opposite of everything that Sup Forums tells me.

Faggot

I guess I'm straight then, thanks :^)

The vim and IDE one fucked me up

Its so comfy to have compeltions to all of your linked imported libs on your editor

Vim is only good for batch editing or quick files on a server terminal

And fuck Spotify is actually good barring the ads and the shite quality. Fuck you Sup Forums

remek fonál

arch linux

install youcompleteme and stop using reddit spacing

linux

Learning c/c++ to a higher degree than simple uni courses.
Other memes are made by people who either are trying to glorify their hobbies or those who have endless amount of time to pour into obscure things, that give you next to no advantage over conventional approaches (vim, usage of non-industry-standard frameworks and languages just for the sake of it, etc).

Spotify is solid, I'm using Tidal though, because I got 3 months for free.

>youcompleteme

It's alright, but the coverfage is spotty. It sometimes work on C and Python projects and is very unrealiable writing Go with it.

>>Can play any song you want for free
until your music taste doesn´t fall under the banner of music normies might listen to
>falling for Sup Forums memes
people like you are especially cancer

This. To use a vim instead of IDE isn't a Sup Forums meme. Linux Torvalds uses emacs, lot of people outside Sup Forums use a console editor instead of IDE.

>youcompleteme
I don'tlike it, it makes vim slow and it pop-ups a completion menu at random.

Vim's omnicomplete though with clang_complete, python-jedi, java-complete2, and the build in ruby-complete and syntax-complete is really nice.

>until your music taste doesn´t fall under the banner of music normies might listen to

So far I am covered. Hesistating commiting to it because Play Music still lets you upload up to 50,000 tracks for free. For anything new and released, we always have the torrents (for now).

Any underground EPS will have MEGAs anyway, and rap is covered by datpiff so I'm cool

spotify does not have everything

So I use Emacs on Thinkpad with Arch, adhere to Free Software ideology, got M50 headphones and sansa clip.
I also use mpd+ncmpcpp, Palemoon web browser, code in C and C++. Guess I'm pretty Sup Forums

I pick a thinkpad instead of a macbook as a gift

Agreed but for everyday uses It covers 90% of my artists from my libraray

I just wish we can get high quality opus format on free accounts. My Freedom ears cannot handle all of this garbled m4as

I use standard omnicomplete too.

>Emacs
>I3
>Free Distro
>Thinkpad
>The C Programming Language

WAKE
ME
UP

>build desktop

biggest waste of money, should have stuck with stinkpad

>m50
>not portapros

>Arch
>not Gentoo

Close but no cigar

>until your music taste doesn´t fall under the banner of music normies might listen to
there is a huge library on spotify, even songs with less than 1000 views on youtube
unless you listen to something like this sueisntfine.bandcamp.com/album/s-t-demo-remastered you should be able to find what you're looking for

What's wrong with i3? I'm about ready to fall for that one but I haven't installed it quite yet.

I was using i3 and vim long before I started reading Sup Forums. I don't use C because I'm not a schoolkid anymore and I don't do embedded or kernel programming. I don't like Thinkpad, I like ultrabooks, they are light. I use non-free repo in my distro.

You'll never want to use a DE ever again.

I feel like a slug using windows.

this by the way

>not using both at the same time
KDE + i3 master race

i3 and any tiling wm is fast and operates smoother than any DE you can produce. Using Mac OS or WIndows will make it seem like youre wasting your life

You're subhuman, not master race.

But man, portapros are terrible.
I agree with gentoo though. Don't want to compile everything on 1.5GHz Celeron

Perfect; this is exactly what I was hoping for. I already feel like I'm wasting my life at work so that won't change anything.

But that umlimited lifetime warranty my nigga

Also it looks retrostetics as fuck

Are Portapros a meme?

Fuck.

Its a meme but a good meme to fall for

I already broke 2 pairs in 10 years and got free ones with my receipt. Only had to pay shipping

i've been doing this too lately
Sup Forums tries so hard to be meme setters but they are really just cowards who go with the flow and don't want to accept it

I agree. Especially ones who can't install Gentoo and uses Arch.

>dwm
>xterm
>tmux
>vim
>C
>lisp
just kill me

arch
turned out it's not a meme. I've been using it for 4 years now

>dont use an IDE and exclusively vim for 5 years
Most of my professors at University recommends us to use Vim, you should learn to use it properly
>Patch the grsec kernel
If you really want security, I'd recommend you FreeBSD
>Friend shows me spotify
>no skip limit on desktop
It's a convenient service but it really attempts against your freedom

linux

Can i get the 1920x1080 version of that?

>attempts against your freedom
>by offering a service you are completely free to use or not.

So far I'm using LibreOffice and it's okay. Have to get used to saving everything in PDF.

Just use the 2560x1440 image.

only thinkpads, but that's a pretty comfy meme to fall for
and also linux, but I fell for that even before i fell for the shitposting on /gee/ meme, so it's not /gee/ induced

>YCM
Ew, I used it for a year and it life so painful. Just memorize the most common library calls you use, and keep a reference up on another screen

tmux and vim are good, dwm and xterm is a matter of preference, I use i3 and urxvt. C and lisp are totally for schoolkids alongside with Arch.

- Thinkpads
- Mechanical keyboards
- Arch Linux

Attached picture is related to how it turned out.

Just pay for Spotify, get 320 kbps and no ads.

no problem

replace urxvt with alacritty
ditch tmux and use neovim + :terminal

>Sansa Clip+
Best meme of my life.

Alternatively, use Spotizr and Deezloader to download your music, then put it on Google Play Music if you want to use it on your phone.

Stop demanding other people make their text harder to read because your autist brain associates it with a website you deem "uncool".

Faggot.

Deezloader is dead and has been since the end of April.

I use abduco since what I needed was session management and not tiling(my wm provides me that already)

I dont have a 1440p monitor yet, also it gets pixaly and crap

I use a vagina to put my penis in

I fell for the Thinkpad and Linux meme and couldn't be happier about it.

>mfw I have to pay to not listen to Katy Perry

non
cause i'm not retarded

qBittorrent.
Thankfully I didn't fall for it for long.

The vim and IDE one fucked me up
Its so comfy to have compeltions to all of your linked imported libs on your editor
Vim is only good for batch editing or quick files on a server terminal

And fuck Spotify is actually good barring the ads and the shite quality. Fuck you Sup Forums

Faggot.

this.

Uninstall gentoo and don't kill yourself.

köszi

Atom is a slow, bloated piece of shit made by diversity hires at Github. Use VSCode if you want that type of editor.

Also Spotify is fine, you can disable the uploading and tell it to actually quit.

Vims good once youre proficient at it, but it takes a while, like touch typing. It's also nice since you can use vim anywhere, and it's nice for coding on a remote machine. That being said, just use what you like most

Sup Forums is filled with teens who have no experience nor clue as to what matters. they try way to hard because they are insecure losers. its why much of the views on this board is utter trash and expla4all of the Intel/nvidiot fanboys. AMD fags, too.

How much of a botnet is Spotify anyway?
I got premium for free, so I'm wondering if it's worth using it on my PC.

>Emacs
>Learning C and LISP
>Using Linux
>Getting a Thinkpad
>Youtube-dl
It's alright really

>
>The vim and IDE one fucked me up
>Its so comfy to have compeltions to all of your linked imported libs on your editor
>Vim is only good for batch editing or quick files on a server terminal
Try this user
vim.spf13.com/
I use it for R/Python because while iPython or RStudio are superb in their own, you sometimes need that extra juice out of your ram and cpu to handle hardcore data. So there are ways you can also turn your vim into a full blown IDE, with minimal resources and free as in free beer, freedom and freetime (provided you already know how to use/config vim).

>And fuck Spotify is actually good barring the ads and the shite quality.
There's blockify, for the ads. However handling over the particular personal data that spotify collects is just not worthy. You can use youtube-viewer (with the backend of your choice i e mpv, mplayer, vlc, etc) or NewPipe (in Android) to listen for music for free even in background or download it if you want.

this. also offline music libraries > online ones because I don't have to rely on the service always staying up or the company not putting some stupid DRM onto it.

Just pirate or buy through bandcamp and it just works.

Szia Jànos

>bandcamp
Mein nigger

Botnet as fuck

thinkpads

paid 25$ for my t61 and got 4 years use out of it, i'm pretty content

ryzen
it's bretty good, as an intel shill amd really rocked the boat on this one

>dont use an IDE and exclusively vim for 5 years
I used to use Vim exclusively, now I use Sublime exclusively. IDEs hinder my productivity.

>Patch the grsec kernel
Really any Linux distro is fine. Installing Gentoo is just a joke.

>Friend shows me spotify
You could also play any song you want for free by just pirating...

ThinkPads, love em.
Sansa Clip Zip, love it.
Linux, love it.
Nexus phones, love em.
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros, love em.
IPS panels, love em.

>>Patch the grsec kernel
Too bad it's closed source now.

Mechanical keyboards

Still works and there is one on gitlab that even has an android version

Productivity increased non-ironically without me needing to wear programming socks and become a degenerate.

I'm actually grateful to /g for this one.

>SSD
>1440p
>Solus

>using the smiley with a carat nose

whats wrong with i3 i have a i5 so i m not asking because i dont lik

Is that reference to FreeBSD being secure satire?

Out of all *BSD's, FreeBSD is objectively the worst in all aspects, especially security. The base system is a mess due to lack of organisation and leadership in the community.

>FreeBSD is objectively the worst in all aspects, especially security
That, basically. They were using (not sure if they're up to date yet) an incredibly ancient version of OpenBSD's pf. If you want to use a BSD that's actually done right then just stick with OpenBSD. Unlike Linux and FreeBSD, those developers actually use OpenBSD as their daily driver.

660ti + i5 2500k

>r9 390

>you need more than 2 cores and 8GB of ram

Downscale it in gimp then...

no it doesn't, or you use an OS with shitty wallpaper rendering?