/guts/

/guts/ what are you planning to upgrade and do with your build?
I'm personally going to change liquid coolers as the h100i does great but the x62 is a little better at cooling Ryzen. Possibly changing RAM again, still having difficulty getting above 2933

These things have been dying quickly lately BTW

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1628451/what-is-the-deal-with-ryzen-and-4-sticks-of-ram
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

getting a corsair graphite case finally gonna retire my antec 900 rip cable management. Thinking about either getting a new mobo for my phenom 2 1055t or doing a ryzen build im still conflicted. How do you like the SLI 1080's are they good?

I love them, no issues whatsoever besides the temps getting in the mid 70s sometimes on the top card, besides that no complaints

1. Getting another stick of ram so I get triple channel. (and 24gb total)

2. I MAY be getting a Samsung 960 Evo, both the ram and this isn't really "worth it", very little noticable real world differances. For my use atleast. But it is fun :D

3. Possibly Vega if they come with a good overclocker sensibly priced.

I also need to do some tweaking, 220mhz bclk wasn't entirely stable, so dropped it down to 215. So its really running 4.3ghz now. It may be the cpu, I'll try with a friends x5650 later on.

I do have the Asrock AB350M Pro4 and a 1700, but the bios needs to mature.. Lots of memory speed and stability problems, and some limited cpu overclocking settings (lacks LLC and Soc voltage control).

I'll sell the 1700, and keep the mobo. I'll go back to it when new cpu models that overclocks better comes along, and some badass ram gets cheaper.

Doing a dieselpunk/retrofuturistic machine build with liquid cooling. I want to think of the liquid cooling loop as some kind of industrial component, possibly nuclear.

What color should my tubing be? I'm adding anti kink coils, thinking silver for those? If I go with atomic energy I'd probably get a UV green and if I don't I'll likely just get gray tubing.

Thoughts? Attached is the general case color configuration (Navy/grayish blue w/ black or gray accents and yellow industrial tertiary elements.

Copper tubing

Ordered an 1800X, Crosshair VI, 4x8 ram and an NHD-15-AM4 today, should arrive tuesday. I've loved my 4690K for a while but it's starting to show its core/thread count and age when i'm editing. Should arrive tuesday. Hopefully i can un-edge my build a little, while i'm at it, probably replace the red lights with some white ones.

I want to upgrade to Ryzen but i can't decide if matx or wait for mini itx.

OP here
Send back the 4 sticks of RAM, Ryzen loses a lot of performance when using 4 sticks as apposed to 2, editing pipelines changed a large amount after I ditched the four for 2

R8

looks good

Eh, i'll see what happens. The VI had a lot of BIOS updates recently regarding RAM stuff, and Kingston recently added the 4/32 set to the verified Ryzen-compitable list. Worst case, i'll put in 2 sticks for 16GB temporarily and wait until compitability is better. Some people reported the problem was fixed when they ran their memory at 2400 or 2666 instead of 3200 or 2933. I'll experiment and post updates here on Tuesday.

Oh yeah there is no issue with compatibility it's just that Ryzen's infinity fabric and it's memory controller much prefers 2 sticks over 4
We both gotta wait for a while for the next BIOS update, in the next thread let me know if you end up being able to hit above 3000mhz, thanks

From what i heard, there's basically a cap on 4 sticks at 2666 anyway, no kits wanna really boot above that, but are usually fine otherwise. Again, no idea, i've never even touched Ryzen irl let alone experimented with it, so again, i'll see. I'll start the boot with 2 sticks at 2666 (that's what it's rated at, so i won't be doing 3000 or 3200 i think), benchmark with Cinebench a couple times until the score is stable, then install the other 2 sticks and re-run a few times.

What kind of temps are you getting on your cards?
Also enjoy 2013 guts

Also, this guy's using a VI and 4 sticks (64 gigs) at 2400 and got it working reliably; overclock.net/t/1628451/what-is-the-deal-with-ryzen-and-4-sticks-of-ram

Hah fuck, i remember you. Didn't one of those 670s burn down?

Surprisingly no, shipped them down to a buddy last year and they're still kicking. I haven't ever bothered to take new pictures of my computer for like 4 years, so I'm going to keep posting the old shit

Yeah four sticks works perfectly fine Ryzen just prefers two
Ram speed matters alot with the infinity fabric

Any cheap 2x8gb ram that overclocks to 3ghz+ on ryzen? 3-3.6ghz 16gb kits are fucking expensive here in Norway.

Just waiting for my second FTW to arrive

Finally got the nice big 12cm fan to go in my 20$ cooler. Original fan it came with went in a P4, idea behind this fan is +130W cooler mod for cheap. Temperature maximum 18 degrees on ambient - those heatpipes aren't fake, so far so good.

Had to wire the cooler down so the fan would sit low. Garden tie wire loops, held down with self-fusing tape over top. Tie wire is adjustable but must be done out of the case. The cheap cooler mount isn't as bad as first appeared.

Tried to follow Sup Forums standard with the cabling but old cases aren't up to it plus I have a lot of stuff in there, sorry for lack of autism. So: replace i5-3570 for i3-2100, new (used) GTX 780, new power supply. Cooler mod actually not necessary since gave up the overclocking idea. Reinstall for couple years life extension, around $230 US. More cores -> better browser scrolling is the most concrete improvement I see.

Gonna full 64gb meme ram soon. Maybe get a8/10tb he'd to throw in there too. Otherwise I'm set for what I need

I have been pondering on how can I get 2 or 3 more years out of my old machine. I have phenom II x6 1055t, and r9 280. My mobo is Asus M5A97, so the mobo has AM3+ socket. I thought that if I bought the best AM3+ processor and some more ram, i could get a few more years out of this piece of shit, opinions?

BTW, i think that FX-8350 is the best AM3+ cpu out there.

>1000w psu
>gpu only uses 1x6-pin
kek

ballsy move going with nzxt for water cooling

silver cases are still a thing?

clean af

Why not plug the drives in? Let them die of old age instead of neglect.

Want to get a new CPU but at that point I'd have to upgrade most of my system. Not really worth it yet.

Yes to 8350 on AM3. And if he doesn't have one by now SSD.