Is Goodwill a good place to donate old electronics or will they just recycle it? Things like old routers, modems...

Is Goodwill a good place to donate old electronics or will they just recycle it? Things like old routers, modems, graphics cards, mice and fans. It's not worth selling and I don't really have any other ideas.

I really like that picture, may I save it?

that image is protected by copyright law. that'd be stealing.

I'll have to ask Rob.

Afraid not, friend.

You have as much legal right as the archive sites that save every image posted to Sup Forums.

>tfw I saved it without asking permission
I don't have a devilish Pepe on my phone but you get the idea

Just screenshot it.

If you forward 40 USD to moot@Sup Forums.org via PayPal

But I don't want them to get a screenshot notification!

i believe they send it all to dell for recycling and it's tax deductable

Holy ship...

>using the first party app

Looks like the US Navy is about to get bigtime fucked

My first job was at a Goodwill warehouse disassembling computers. They pallet most of the computers and ship them to dell to be recycled. Hardrives are generally destroyed or reused with Ubuntu installed, they strip the copper of of perfectly good psus and would just throw away older processors.
I made more money selling old core duo processors that they were gonna throw away than I made in wages.

This is helpful. I'll have to think a little more what to do with this stuff.

Just post them on Craigslist as free. They'll probably find a good home.

Where I live there are liability laws that stopped the goodwill shops from selling anything electrical.
Unless they could get each item tested and certified safe and reliable they couldn't sell it.
The cost made it unprofitable.

Goodwill's CEO makes a 7 figure salary. They aren't a real charity.

Goodwill don't claim to be a charity organization themselves. In fact they're registered as for-profit.

Their angle is that they toss some cash to a local charity in your area when you drop shit off to them. Said cash is literally less than a penny on the dollar, which honestly should surprise no one.

Recycle it at Staples so people like me can take it home

There's a third party snapchat site?

There probably was at some point but I bet it's been long since taken down.

Good will is literally a dump.
You can bring anything and they won't turn it down as long as its not hazardous or infested with bugs.

Goodwill is basically the place that attempts to somewhat minimize your wasteful consumerism

It's still wasteful consumption and you should be ashamed of it but I suppose if you are gonna throw it out that's better than a dumpster. Consider buying less shit in the future.

>mfw we have these shitty laws and you've already copied and saved it by viewing it but it suddenly becomes illegal when it's not called cache
The inanity hurts.

Former Goodwill computer worker here again and I used to rip the cords off of perfectly good mice to strip for copper and throw GameCubes and PS2s into trash compactors because if Goodwill can't make make a good profit margin on it then they don't give a fuck. Goodwill is not some great charity organization.

SUPERIOR NIPPON STEEL FOLDED 10,000 TIMES.

Lol. My oldest brother made 20k one year selling Goodwill video games on ebay.

If they had a bunch of them, then they would have been easy to sell because you can list them all under one thing.

I consider stripping copper from cables, trashing consoles, and making profit off it to be a positive thing anyway. The reality is game cubes are utter trash out side of the small niche of neckbeards playing pikmin. That isn't Goodwill's fault. It's good that they make a profit because it keeps them doing that.

Honestly as much as throwing electronics out irks my autism, both of those systems are well supported by emulators.

I made good money while I worked there by stealing all the processors I could. I would leave everyday with like a mix of 5 to 10 core duos, core quads and xeons with the occasional i series.

This can vary a bit from store to store. You could always visit your local store, and see if they have any stuff like that for sale. As long as the stuff still works, and is in decent looking condition, then there is a good chance that they will try to sell it. Random components like graphics cards and fans will likely just get recycled though, unless you still have the boxes.

This also varies from store to store, technically employees have the right to refuse any donation. Some people just find it easier to take your shit and throw it away, then to confront you about it.

>Goodwill don't claim to be a charity organization themselves. In fact they're registered as for-profit.

Yes they do, and no they're not.

>Their angle is that they toss some cash to a local charity in your area when you drop shit off to them. Said cash is literally less than a penny on the dollar, which honestly should surprise no one.

Also wrong

T. Former Goodwill retail employee

My Goodwill puts anything that might even be remotely profitable on eBay inside of a glass case; needless to say it's always overpriced garbage like old MP3 players, video games and yes, GameCubes

because goodwill customers are ALL degenerates they will steal anything.

> Posting what is clearly a shipping ship shipping ship shipping shipping ships

>Calling it a ship shipping ship shipping shipping ships

No, there's at least one still around, but it idk if it still works (snapchat blocked 3d party applications, but I think they developed a work around? I'm not sure), and I'm not sure of the name off the top of my head.

ABSOLUTE PERFECT CARBON CONTENT NOT BRITTLE NOT SOFT

>Former Goodwill retail employee

well fuck I guess you're fully across what's going on up in corporate then.

He is out of the loop.
Goodwill will be bankrupt very soon, the minimum wage raise in AZ almost broke the company.

I doubt they would get bankrupt from that, at worse they would shutdown some of the less profitable AZ stores.

Like most major retail chains Goodwill is divided up into regions. A quick Google tells me that AZ has at least 2 regions, there's a Central/Northern region, and a southern region. What happens in the northern region will have little to no effect on what happens in the southern region, and what happens in AZ, will have literally zero effect on the region I was in over in Michigan.

Was relatively well informed on what the regional corporate office was doing, but probably couldn't tell you much about the national corporate office.

I currently work as a donation attendant and when I get monitors or computers I just chuck them all into a cardboard bin. Most break. I don't give a shit.