>Hexchat

Other urls found in this thread:

search.mibbit.com/networks/p2p-net/#bibliotik-help
irc.lc/ircnet/bibliotik/irctc@@@
tools.suckless.org/ii/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my IRC client is Discord.

polari

haha you can't even quote me, this must be what summer is like!

irssi because scripting is everything for elites

weechat bc I don't like irssi and I want a bouncer and the best "bouncer" will always be tmux + a cli irc client

>tmux
>bouncer

>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose

>IRC
Mumble

irssi

irssi

lighter than znc and easy to detach

dumb question, but does it matter which server I choose when trying to connect to an irc channel? If I want to do #suckballs, do all servers point to the same #suckballs room or not?

nope, each server or "network" has its own channels and admins.

yes it matters which server

there is urc though which is like federated irc between networks

>fucking calle calle captcha

so Im trying to join this one channel, but the server they list is not on my options for servers... Can I just add it or something?

Depends on the client, I wonder what server is not added to your list

I don't know, maybe I'm an idiot, I'm trying to connect to the bibliotik channel but cant seem to find it

What server?

tmux + irssi

Using my own for a few weeks, inspired by suckless's ii and sid. Written in Go, 100 loc. Irc is so simple, love it.

nice b8 m8 I r8 of 8

bouncer + irssi > tmux + irssi

irssi
I used to oper on Rizon. Good times.

>I used to oper
but you're still a virgin

How could you tell?

Hexchat on gahnoo loonix and limechat on mac. Both suck but I don't have the effort to fuck around with other clients.

>60967138
I just don't want to give (You)'s.

Weechat because I prefer my clients with less mold.

mIRC because I've been using it since 2001 and it just werks. I wrote my own small client if I need something a bit more lightweight/for ganoo+loonix.

This, just make it 1997. Also irssi during my infrequent terminal adventures.

mIRC. It was my first client but I quickly moved on, but recently started using it again after switching back to Windows for video games just because and I actually quite like it. The client I've used the most is Irssi.

>ircop a virgin
bold claim there user

Could anybody tell me what the server is on this channel?

>search.mibbit.com/networks/p2p-net/#bibliotik-help
>irc.lc/ircnet/bibliotik/irctc@@@

>IRC
>>>/1970's/

p2p-net

Weechat

right, that's what I thought, but that server is not on my irc client, mIRC. and I think i've tried other clients and the same thing, not there

...just put the server address in manually with the /s command, that isn't an exhaustive list of every IRC network

telnet

How do I do XDCC on irssi? Anyone got a guide?

>2017
>IRC

HaHa! Good one!

been switching to weechat after using irssi

i don't really like the keybinds/default window layout as much, though it seems to be better configurable

also i miss lastlog

Discord because I'm not autistic and my friends aren't from WWII era.

weechat.

The best IRC client ever, AmIRC.

This

KVIrc

What does Discord even have over IRC apart from voice chat (everyone I know still uses teamspeak) and embedded images (which an IRC client can choose to support)? Keep in mind that I can run my IRC client and teamspeak at the same time and use 20-50x less system resources than Discord. I'd be willing to sacrifice some resources for the convenience of having text and voice in the same program, but I expect a lot more useful features for that sort of resource usage.

and yes, I know Teamspeak technically has text chat, but it's trashy as hell

muh niggas

SSH + GNU Screen + irssi masterrace here!

By the way, can anyone recommend extra irssi plugins?

offline messages without a bouncer

i have a bouncer and practically have 100% uptime at home anyway

>not mIRC

Sheesh just use messenger+whatsapp like your friends user.

Vim + ii

I have a buffer in vim that refreshes any time somebody says something in irc, I have a binding that sends what i am typing in my buffer to irc.

tools.suckless.org/ii/

I feel like ii has the potential to be amazing as part of a backbone for a distributed config management platform.

>Loonix
HexChat, it just werks.

>Windows
mIRC, it just werks,

kek.

>I feel like ii has the potential to be amazing as part of a backbone for a distributed config management platform.
So basically what botnets have been doing for ever.

irssi

same setup as yours, i use dccstats as it's really usefull to leech from dcc bots

>apart from voice chat (everyone I know still uses teamspeak) and embedded images (which an IRC client can choose to support)?
memes,
nice UI touches (shows what game you're playing, can do "right click -> search with google" on messages),
advertising through twitch streamers,
persistent messages

the advertising is probably the biggest part. having a large community is crucial for a messaging platform. for many people the only reason they use discord is that their friends use it. many open source people tend to forget that it's not exclusively about the list of features you have.

when it'll be over i'll just use mine

Textual. Used to use Chatzilla then X-Chat 2 back in my Windows days.

Chatzilla, there's a standalone version so I just use that

I was trying to say that without being explicit but yeah, basically :-D

join #baot on rizon lads

What do you guys even use IRC for?

Normies don't use it, employers don't use it, my friends don't use it. I've had weechat installed and all configured to my autistic tastes but ive only used it once, to ask a tech question.

DESU here in finland most IT uni people use it, the demoscene uses it, RE communities, lan- and demoparties have IRC too.

I use quassel atm. Any reason switch to the more complicated bouncer thing? Or back to irssi/tmux?

I follow a few open source dev channels. I use it to argue with strangers on the internet about topical things. I use gateways for slack at work so I get my slack messages there. same with twitch. actually now that i think about it tons of websites with chat use irc or xmpp under the hood for stuff. up until recently even facebook did.

>tfw urc was really just an inside joke that someone took literally and actually made real

urc is what happens when you mix anonymous imageboard and irc

try it out you'll either love it or not see what the point is, irc://2hu-ch.org/lobby
it's hard gay in the end

My friends only use Discord :V

>2k17
>irc
>not matrix

anime fansubbers use it
so I guess weebs whining about the color of their subs use it as well
or downloading stuff with xdcc when the main public tracker dies

Only morons use IRC. These retards just can't let go of the past.

weechat > irssi