Redpill me on this whole drone delivery craze...

Redpill me on this whole drone delivery craze. As far as I know you can't even deliver a gallon of milk let alone fly that gallon for miles? And once that gallon of milk is delivered (if drones are ever that powerful) it'll just rot and go bad in the hot sun once delivered to the front door.

>As far as I know you can't even deliver a gallon of milk
maybe if you're talking about some little budget quadcopter sure, but hobbyists have cobbled together ones capable of carrying 20 pound payloads, hell some of the technology has been adapted for hover bikes.

ok so the milk is delivered like I said. Now its going bad in the hot Florida sun or wherever.

Obviously your not going to deliver spoilable goods like a regular package
For things like that you would have to be present to accept the package so you can make sure it gets put in the fridge

and? if you're a dumb fuck and you order milk to be delivered by a drone in florida or anywhere and you aren't there to collect it you're a fucking idiot.

I don't see you saying that buying groceries in a car isn't good because if you leave the milk in there for hours it'll go bad.

they say everything will be delivered via drone including food from Amazon Food (formely whole Foods)

>uber drones will be a thing in my lifetime

wew lad

so you simply order it when you know you're going to be home for the next 10 minutes. why is that so hard to grasp?

>but hobbyists have cobbled together ones capable of carrying 20 pound payloads,
for like 10 minutes in the air maximum

yes, the hobbyist versions. I'm sure Amazon the fucking company worth over 470,000,000,000 with their hands in almost every field of tech is capable of developing something far superior.

jesus couldn't you think of a single example that wasn't fucking milk? what kind of military grade autism do you need to have to even think like this?

The point is to order it and have it the same day OP so it's assumed you will be waiting for it

The physics limiting drone carrying capacity and range are simple and universal. It's just a matter of energy density.
Unless they can make fundamental improvements in battery technology their billions will only buy them marginally better performance.

He is grasping at straws for downsides and is desperate because he is scared to death of change

*BANG*
Regrettably, that drone flew into my airspace.

Maybe the milk gets delivered early morning (5-6am) when its still frosty out like it always has historically been?

You used to put have a milk cooler on your porch or if you had an apartment there was a slot in the wall for milk deliveries, otherwise you would need to wake up at a reasonable time to get the delivery in the morning and not sleep in until fucking midday like a reprobate.

>Florida man goes on a rampage with his pet gator after his Amazon-delivered milk spoiled.

aren't they last mile things with rechargeable batteries? why would you expect long range delivery of large objects? i think of a van with a dozen or more of those things making simultaneous deliveries of small packages while the guy delivers the big ones.

2.4ghz jamming or hijacking, too

Or a baseball bat

The difference is that hobbyists care about size and weight. Amazon is going to have gigantic drones for delivering real payloads.

Yes that'll be good until the FCC and FAA locate the source within minutes and a swat team fucks up the house.

>company can send material into space
>same company is unable to deliver milk to paying customer
This is what you are saying.

Also if you weren't such a stupid child OP you'd remember milk used to be delivered daily.

in 20 years it will be a self driving van with a robot

I highly doubt we'll still be using roads in 2037.5

i doubt the fcc/faa will locate the signal source within minutes and you can still be within 2 watt transmission limits while overpowering a drone transmitter.

No probably not. If you do it often enough there's a remote chance some HAMfags will hunt you down for fun, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky for that to happen.

The drone will fly up or return if it loses signal.

>civilian airspace property rights
What is this