Its an intel chip is a clusterfuck episode

>its an intel chip is a clusterfuck episode

Still faster than AMD :^)

kek, still smaller dies than nvidia's GV100

AMD must get amazing yields compared to intel

It sure can burn your house faster :)

AMD is getting amazing yields, which is why these are so cheap.

you can actually see the X in the 18 and 28 core ones, nice one intel

Faster at reaching 100°C, sure

yea it is britty cool

BINGBUS :DDDDDDDDD

lel Intel Firestarter Edition :^)

elaborate, Mr. Mysterious Merchant.

EPYC and Threadripper are multu-die modules, your picture is misleading

EPYC is just four of the 8 core modules, Threadripper is two. Which means AMD's yields are based on multiple 190mm chips, they don't have to actually fab a 700mm monstrosity. Intel does, which hurts their yields.

>not cheap because they're loss leading

OK user.

That's the point. Retard Intel is still trying to make a monolithic giant novelty processor. AMD was in the Coar game for so much longer they actually know that you need to set up the processor like a supercomputer cluster and just make data lanes going to a bunch of little processorlets. Now Intel needs to find out how to make their Gaymer Fabric(tm) so they can actually have a chance without trying to sell 10 thousand fucking dollar Xeons as i9 processors.

yeah, but what are the pricing of Threadripper and Epyc?

That doesn't matter if AMD goes full jew mode and charges only 10% less than Intel

>10 years of research while essentially having monopoly
>gives us this abomination

intel in full panic mode

>That doesn't matter if AMD goes full jew mode and charges only 10% less than Intel
Because that's obviously what they've been doing with Ryzen.

>A5 die
>A4 die
>A3 die
user's law

Does AMD have any that aren't a factor of 8? Because otherwise any defect is going to have to be an R5.

epyc is gonna undercut intel the most

AMD wants that server market bad

We don't know how it will scale user

you have to connect the dies you retard. fabbing on a single die is 9000 times better.

> Intel has 265-bit super cores for ASX
> AMD has regular cores emulating ASX

Clusterfuck in what way

>charges only 10% less than Intel

Might have to b/c of perpetual AMD supply shortage. Their market cap is a 10th of Intel's so they just can't run as many fabs

Is that why the Xeon costs 10k but the AMD processor is only going to cost 5k?

The die cost is like ~$20. Besides, given AMD's financial situation, they aren't in a position to be taking losses on each chip sold.

>I don't know how fabs work: the post

they don't run any fabs anymore

i don't know how inter-die comms performance works: the post

>t. Intel bingbus """"engineer""""

yo that double X paintjob on the 28 cores chips is sick as fuck

Not even remotely as efficient though

>they aren't in a position to be taking losses on each chip sold.
if you think Intel does that because they are such a _friendly_ company, you are retarded

Same pricing actually. Just with MUCH better power consumption, and less heat production, while being 45% faster, with enormous amounts of I/O slots.

Faster doesn't mean more powerful. The amount of instructions per cycle are what matters.

We know what AMD claims. Nearly 100% scaling. So far I have no reason not to believe them when it comes to Zen.

Depends on where the defect is. Pretty sure some of the defective dies that otherwise bin well are going to end up in the lower core count Epyc processors.

X stands for SHUT IT DOWN

>that skylake core

how horrifying

Only for the 3 initial seconds of workloads, before it starts throttling.

*nanoseconds

That X looks rad as fuck. Too bad it's a rehash of a rehash of a rehash under mayonnaise sauce. Maybe Intel will finally start to innovate after this clusterfuck.

>any defect is going to have to be an R5.
no, because they have versions of both epyc and threadripper that don't use the full core count

epyc even has an 8c/16t

100C 24/7 operating temperatures... on a 280mm CLC.

AND that's just the ten core!

I can NOT wait to see the actual user experiences a month in to this blast furnace causing parts to fail as retards try to hit 5Ghz all core overclock.

they say above 80%

80% yields, they don't care, they will have to sell 8 cores for the price of 6 cores if next node as good as this one
it's IBM node, it's going to be good

man /r/intel will be hilarious to watch in some months

Note that AVX512 and supporting hardware makes Intel 2mm^2 bigger.
Still, that's a lot bigger than AMD's core, which are more efficient still

according to amd it scales 97.1% thats why every simulated bench they did pre zen launch turned out to be correct
and thats why they dont really need to spend money and time benching other cpus on any intel based bench...they know already how its going to perform
just slap ccx together glue them with some arabiata sauce and it will still perform way better than any mustard filled DELID this edition intel cpu

I want q4 financial report now!
we either laugh at AMD failing again or laugh at intel firing thousands of people

why bother with avx 512? i mean 256 is struggling as it is to find any serious program to be used

Nvidia's Tesla breathing down Intel's neck in datacenter is the reason AVX512 exists.

If there is any justice in this world, the latter.

most likely explanation engineers hit some kind of a wall in architecture and had to add feauters to sell something
same way nvidia selling tensor cores now, while google has 3 times faster and 4 times less power hungry asics for it

when 99% of the youtubers and sites are already shilling for amd you know the tide has turned

but then again you have sites like toms hardware that forgot "by mistake" as he said to conduct tdp benchmarks on ryzen 5 series (LOL)
and pcgamer with their totally legit price per fps chart you know you cant just fight shintel with an awesome product

And HSA in Ryzen+Navi is going to murder them both.

pcgamer can't be taken seriously anymore(they ahd decent charts more or less), they were straight up sponsored by intel this e3

tom's did TDP later though? R5 wins significantly over i5s

no it doesn't
intel sells 5B of xeons
nvidia sell 300m of teslas

And how many of those are Xeon Phi? Literally none.
That's where Tesla and AVX512 is competing

if hsa works as intended on vega +ryzen yes we will see a first degree murder happening before our eyes

if they manage to create the gpu ryzen (navi) as they want to well...id say that amd will go all serial killer on both of them forcing nvidia to open the cuda cores to the consumer cards to actually make use of the async compute

he still havent updated the 1600/x benchmark LOL

he is garbage and shill the fact that he said it was a mistake that he didnt conduct power measurement something his site became famous for just shows how cringy he is willing to do

>open the cuda cores to the consumer cards to actually make use of the async compute
they can't, it's will mess up efficiency
1060 class cards will go above 200w

they hope for better a node, but i'm not sure it will fix their problem

the moment they install a hardware sc its the moment that the"WE HUZ LOWER TDP'Z" lie is going to die

>intelaviv grasping their last straw: AVX

No one actually uses AVX in server market.

no one actually uses avx anywere period

>That's where Tesla and AVX512 is competing
Does AVX512 work on 3d raytracing?

Because GPUs exist. Anyway Intel should kill itself for changing cache hierarchy for meme-tier vector extensions.

that's my point.

never trust the jews

:)

Yes. Assuming the software has support for it.

AVX512 is wide vector SIMD, it's literally trying to do the same thing a GPU is good at.

>still using the overheating meme as an argument

kill yourselves, please

Explain that to the poor victims in Portugal

>poor victims in Portugal
>poor victims

what victims

a bit of respect for the dead ones is needed

Just because it's overused doesn't mean it's any less relevant.

Skylel-X won the housefire award. Just deal with it schlomo.

>Yes. Assuming the software has support for it.
>AVX512 is wide vector SIMD, it's literally trying to do the same thing a GPU is good at.
Do they have to rewrite their code or is it just a compiler flag? AVX2 didn't appear to give Intel a boost over ryzen when it came to 3d rendering.

Because both Intel and AMD have AVX2, only Intel has AVX512

And yes, it needs a rewrite, obviously.

>using something that only happend with the i7 product line to fuck with the entire company

>supposing that AMD had no ovearheating problems with their processors

you are either autistic or retarded

pic related, look at the processor

>speccy
>reliable broof :DDDDDD

we have so many reviews of the 7900x that shows 100c with a watercooling solution and you say we are autistic?

100 FUCKING CELSIUS with a tdp that puts the fx 95xx to shame

Oy vey

This is such a boring discussion. We live at a time when fucking Microsoft is investing in desktop ARM and the open source RISC-V is on the horizon with some serious backers, and this is what you want to argue about?

i9 is a disastrous piece of shit surface of the sun housefire.

>>using something that only happend with the i7 product line to fuck with the entire company

>using something that only happened in mobile APUs with poorly designed cooling solutions to represent AMD's entire company

To quote a dear friend of mine
>you are either autistic or retarded

yes cause this is a serious hazard intel will probably need a ASME certification to provide raw power and cooling system for them

>And yes, it needs a rewrite, obviously.
Developers are lazy, if it needs new code they will wait 5 years to add it to most of the commercial renderers, better off buying ryzen for now.

Double the Xs triple the excrement.

>we have so many reviews of the 7900x that shows 100c with a watercooling solution

more like
>we have so many reviews of something that is normal on a high end cpu under heavy loads

yes you are autistic

>using something that only happened in mobile APUs with poorly designed cooling solutions to represent AMD's entire company
>only happend in mobile APUs
>only happend
>only

also happend with their graphics cards and processors, you only need to do a quick search on google to see it

i repeat my words
>you are either autistic or retarded

>ARM
Irrelevant walled garden horseshit.
>open source RISC-V
Is far away from substituting x86. Ergo, irrelevant.

woops quoted the wrong guy

ment to be

The only case where hitting 100C on water is normal is in the kitchen.

See? You get a built in portable stove with Intel.

best price/perf

All these cores for nothing. 99% of software still has no multicore support. For the rest 1% it is inefficient as fuck to the point that they are faster when on no multicore settings.