Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i9_7900x_processor_review,21.html
youtu.be/NeuamYdfU4w?t=16m
static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/6305/2017052415420581_src.png
tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-7900x-skylake-x,5092-11.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a housefire

>I'm an ayymd drone and I'm too poor to buy more electricity

I mean, unless the shit country(india) you come from doesn't provide enough to let you utilize such a powerful, monster of a chip.

fucking powerlets

>Intel KelvinLakeMon..
>evolves to...
>Intel CombustionLakeMon!
Yaaay!

my main concern is the fire brigade
what if theyre not here on time and I burn alive

Show the other slide where it ran at 90°C. This is on a CLC, mind you.

Got you covered, senpai.

>Suicide watch, how can I help you?

guru3d.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i9_7900x_processor_review,21.html

>Don't overclock! It's bad for you!

>TFW your $999 workstation CPU throttles like an Apple laptop

*based off of nvidia fermi

Think of how much money you'll save on heating costs in the winter though

Give a man an intel and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The problem is you can't run it during summer.

you don't need to silly, you'll be too busy out playing with all your friends in the summer

Thanks Intel, how many friends come with this $1000(CPU only) purchase?

Enough to hold an outdoor BBQ on your new 480mm rad.

Wasted

Who's paying for the rad

Who gives a fuck

You are.

holy fucking shit, got any thermals on that nuclear reactor?

if Intel were smart they would've released it in november to hide the 358 TDP housefire processors

While letting jewripper reign supreme?

peak power usage under a synthetic load isn't very important

t. amd fanboy for 10 years

>watts at the wall
you know this is how much the entire PC is pulling?
This is NOT the CPU alone you bunch of autistic retards.

It is when your processor does an emergency shutdown to prevent it from melting

It will just throttle unless there's a serious defect desu

t. guy who replies seriously to memers

read
you fucktard

see
It is in fact shutting down under extreme OC.

thats a big power draw.
>for jew

Meanwhile here I'm with my 6700k oced to 4.8 running at 55 degrees load with 30 degrees outside. Wtf happened to Intel. Literally all those Jews had to do is to drop prices on their current skylake and kabylake products and 99% of their customers would stick with them (the remaining 1% being autistic schizophrenics carrying about muh customer practices and privacy). Meanwhile they're too greedy or proud and come up with those fucking trash furnaces. I honestly would buy AMD if I had to pick a CPU right now and I hate AMD.

They should start soldering their CPUs again. Well, at least before Zen2 hits the shelves.

That has to be on watercooling mine does 75 degrees under load with a scythe fuma on only 4,3 ghz

>It is in fact shutting down under extreme OC.
oh wow, is that supposed to be shocking or uexpected?
Try "extremely" OCing the ryzen 1800x. I dare you.

>1800x extreme oc
>4.2 ghz

>intel
>drop prices
that was never an option.

All five minutes of it after he powers up for the first time and runs a benchmark

Coming soon to a socket near you.

>86 watts for webbrowsing

Surely this is a joke.

Total system power draw, but yeah that's still pretty bad seeing as it's only using 1-2 cores at most to load some Javashit website and is barely above the idle wattage.

EBIN

I can't into overclocking or TDB but I know that my i5-4670k @4GHz basically never went past 45-47*C with an H100i during sane usage, and only hit 51*C like a couple times during several hours of prime95.

CPU alone is drawing +200w
Cpu suffering low game performance because bios power states limit current to 200amp

It's still a useful measurement of how much extra power it draws with an overclock, you stupid cunt. If nothing else in the system has changed, that additional 130W is from the CPU only.

This is why the 6950X is still best intel CPU.
Up to 240 Watts sometimes, but atleast it does its fucking job and doesnt melt like the i9 lineup. Just remake the 6950X with improvements to say, oh, i dont know, the 240W i just mentioned and you have AYYMDEE in the dirt again.

Even if the CPU draw 300w and it's soldered there is a chance of thermal control. Even a basic 280aio can manage 300w.
Without solder there isn't much to be done it's a thernodinamic issue

Intel shills used to meme that amd were power house and amd shills responded it was only pennies difference in a month 's bill and since amd was cheaper it would actually take like 2 years to make up te difference

But right now intel is more expensive and can serve as a space heater during the winter

>Intel Core i9 start popping up on computer online shops
>4core no hyperthreaded Core i5 X costs fucking 400 dollarydoos
>need a fucking 350 dollarydoo mainboard for it

lel

one socket change a year keeps the goyim at bay

>5c per kwh
>house is heated by electricity 10 months in a year anyway
>my chandelier consumes almost twice as much
So what?

>*notices your power bill*
He thinks anyone that can afford Intel HEDT is worried about a few cents an hour.
>being this poor

>He thinks anyone stupid enough to waste money on Intel HEDT is worried about a few cents an hour.
Fixed.

Extreme OC is retarded for daily work
Those last MHz literally cost exponential power and heat
I'm running both my 7700k and 1080ti undervolted, temps are 30% lower than during overclock but performance only about 5% lower

>Extreme OC is retarded for daily work
I've been running it for a while

4.7ghz on a 3930k

But it was more of a "this thing's getting slow but all the upgrade options suck dicks" move

buying kikeripper or i9 later this year

All the memes aside I'd like to remind everyone that you won't be getting similar performance or even close with AMD products.

I mean laugh all you want but the reason you're not rocking a 7900X is because you can't afford it.

Filtered. :)

lmao nobody is going to waste their money on this shit, just like nobody wasted their money on Intel's previous walletraper.

pipe down henry

(OP)
> OwO whats this

The first one of Intel's new, weaponized chipsets.

4k Netflix support and it's a bomb to boot! Still waiting for marketing slogans like
> i9 - it's da bomb!

>1.4V
Will be ded by next month

You won't save anything, actually, because a 300W CPU is equivalent to a 300W space heater.

>I mean laugh all you want but the reason you're not rocking a 7900X is because you can't afford it.
I could buy a hundred and have money left without going into debt. But I still can't afford the fire insurance on my house once they find out I've got one

:'(

>works AND explodes
Orky.

Bitch please, the Threadripper 12-core is going to give ~1.495 times the performance of an 1800x and the 16-core is going to give~1.99 times the performance, and do so without prema-throttling on real workloads.

Skymeme-X

Skymeme-X is DOA, I meant.

3200-3400 CB scores on 16c/32t? I need this.

holy FUUUUUUUUUUCK

youtu.be/NeuamYdfU4w?t=16m

They showed TR at Computex. Seems to be near 1:1 scaling. 1800X does this Blender test in ~24 seconds.

>The last recorded value was 364W
This sound like police investigation into a black box after 10 people were burned to death from a unknown cause.

> ISIS now uses overclocked Skylake X CPUs for their terror attacks

I remember when the Intel shills said not to buy amd fx 8 cores because they consumed "so much more" power than the i7s at the time.

Ok can someone explain this shit to me?
Alright so the processor is like 1.5v, running at 300 watts? That's like 200A, how the fuck is this possible, a car in the winter doesn't even pull that much power, am I missing a variable here? No memes I'm serious

It's total system power.

300W is the power draw, 200A is the current. Yes, CPU's pulls a lot of current.

8+8 pin cpu power, a 390x is a 8+6 ffs
static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/6305/2017052415420581_src.png

Dude that is an incredible amount of current, the thing should be melted (yeah housefire joke lol)
I mean 200amps in insane how is that even possible for a CPU

Consider that there are literally thousands of kilometers of wiring inside a CPU, with billions of transistors using that current. You need a lot of current because it's being split into a lot of parallel circuits.

Most of the contact pins on a CPU are for power delivery.

DELID THIS

Exactly but how the fuck did this processor ever get released to the public?
What in the fuck were they thinking like this all just hit me at once. This thing is literally a housefire, no memes intended, it could melt your face off with the amount of power it draws. I mean 200A is enough for a house
What in the fucking hell were they thinking? Who greenlit this shit?

Low voltage man.

They had to have an answer to Ryzen and the incoming Threadripper. I think that they had the i9 on the backshelf for awhile and when they got blindsided by AMD they rushed it to market.

The real tacked-on reactionary bullshit was the 12 to 18 core CPUs that won't even be ready for a number of months.

Holy shit they're scared

thank lisa su

>I mean 200A is enough for a house
200A at 120v you idiot, not 1.5v.

i've been thinking this when they announced the skylake-x series with higher clocks and thermal paste between the heatspreader and die.

I wont need to spend money on heating gas this winter.

When I first heard they were doing that, I could not believe it. Wrote it off as a stupid rumor. Then it was confirmed a day later by der8uer or whatever.

The end result: tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-7900x-skylake-x,5092-11.html

Fucking retarded. Fuck you, Intel.

>I mean 200A is enough for a house
>Conflating power and amps

while 200A is high, it within "acceptable" margins for a cpu. You need to keep voltage constant the only way to increase power is with a high current.

The temperatures could be managed if, it was soldered.