/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

Previous thread Welcome to /fag/ - Friendly Apple General.

Feel free to discuss and ask questions about Apple things.

If you have to ask anything that can be related to Apple, use this thread. We don't need a thread to talk about the thermal issues of your MacBook.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Apple General ***

Links:
macrumors.com/
macworld.co.uk
iphone.appleinsider.com
9to5mac.com/
stallman.org/apple.html

Hi Sup Forumsuys. Have you tried the new iPad Pro? The screen looks very smooth and responsive. I love it. I'm considering getting one soon. What color should I choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html
pozaidsfucker.tumblr.com/post/155732140549/my-bareback-hole-do-not-refuse-any-cock?is_highlighted_post=1
us-store.wacom.com/Product/Cintiq-13HD#/undefined1
findpare.com/blog/apple-iphone-7-iphone-7-plus-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi guys. Im getting into music production. Should I buy a mac for the or im fine with a normal pc?

What software do you need?

whats the issue with the retina macbook pros?

I'm looking at the 2017 12" MacBook and the 13" MBP without touch bar. Obviously the MBP has better specs, but the MacBook is cheaper, lighter, and I love the idea of having a machine with no fan. I won't be doing anything intensive with either of them. Suggestions?

They make brickpad users insecure

I let my Apple and Microsoft devices play together. They seem happy. :)

Also that's the new iPad Pro 12.9 256GB LTE and it's amazing! I really hope we get 120Hz on all new Apple devices. The Apple Pencil works so smooth it's crazy!

prolly 4 years until that, at least

>120Hz on all new Apple device

I think its coming, and all other will folow just like what happened with retina. We have finally begun to abandon 60hz in mainstream devices thanks to Apple

I love the 12 inch MacBook and the speakers are killer for it's size. My vote is for the Macbook.

>We have finally begun to abandon 60hz in mainstream devices thanks to Apple

It's nice what they're doing but c'mon. Apple is just now getting around to making devices which are higher than 60hz. What about all the nice flat screen TVs that have been around for ages? What about gaming monitors like mine which can go up to 165hz? Once again, it's nice what they're doing, but they certainly aren't the first to do this nor are they a driving force.

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a laptop for uni and really like the look of the macbook pros. I wasn't planning on taking my PC with me so I'd be using it to handle all my tech shit. Do you guys think a dual boot macbook will suffice for typical student shit and then some? I'm going for computer science but I'd imagine the specs of the pro would be fine for the kinds of software I may end up using.

Sorry if this isn't a straightforward question or whatever, I just wanted some input from others

I'd say a mac pro dual booted will do literally anything you can hope to do at uni aside from some weird ass linux distro experimentation related to a comp sci degree.

Kek

>when you ordered the high tier macbook pro 15 inch on the 6th of june and it arrives the 27th

>when you ordered a 13" MBP with touchbar yesterday and it also arrives on the 27th
will be my first apple computer, I'm so excited

Lets discuss making a jailbreak for iOS 10.3.2. Obviously, genius Android users of Sup Forums would help us exploit iOS, wouldn't they?

When will they allow plug and play storage for the iPad?
Do it Apple.
Microsoft, please release full fledged Microsoft Office to Android and iOS.

why risk breaking half the functionality of the iPhone so you can change your background and install Sup Forums apps?

Macbook 12 inch for powering an ultrawide? And allowing digital illustration? Is it possible. And which config would be required? There is something about having that little fella as my go to portable. And being able to dock it at a desk.

Do not attempt to do any work on a Macbook.

I am a macfag, and even I recognize that a core M is not for work, it is for play only, and by play, i mean facebook, and music and watching movies and shit.

Not even the i5-y model?

The power of iOS.

I think I might buy the next iPhone after years of Android (always Nexus). What will I miss? What will I gain? I also have an iPad 4 and MacBook Pro. Looking for experiences from other people who have been in a similar situation.

That’s not quite true. The new models are roughly equivalent to the MacBook Air, which makes them more than good enough for a lot of things. That said, I don’t know that I’d say that an external ultrawide would be one of those things, I’d want to see it in action before I pulled the trigger. My MBA spins up pretty good when I do Target Display to my iMac.

>plug and play

What’s a ‘plug’? Is that some kind of interface method? Seriously, as long as Files supports SMB, we good.

The problem with jailbreaking is that it tends to be dominated by organized crime. You really can’t trust exploit code from the Chinese mob.

I had a Nexus 6, the first Moto X (a pseudo-Nexus upon which the N6 was based), and a Galaxy Nexus. I miss almost nothing about Android. Yes, it *does* more, but when you have an attractive, consistently-designed phone that almost always functions, you don’t really feel the need to do all that extra shit as much.

What you gain is interactivity between devices. For instance, when your iPhone rings, your iPad and Mac will ring as well (if you configure them that way), and not only can you accept the call on whichever device you choose, but you can hand the call off to a different device mid-call if circumstances should change.

Web pages and content from other apps can also be “handed off” from one device to the other. If you have a web page on your iPhone that you’re tired of reading on your iPhone, there’ll be a spot on your MacBook’s dock where you can open the page in question immediately.

And all of that is to say nothing of AirDrop (pushing files and other content to other devices), AirPlay (Apple Chromecast), and AirPrint (print from any device without drivers due to a standardized infrastructure, what a novel concept!).

You probably already know a bunch of this, though. I guess the tl;dr of it is that the iPhone extends the Apple ecosystem into the cellular network.

>friendly apple general
>/fag/
Yup you guys are all faggots

You're right, I am. Now show me you dick or gtfo.

I bought a Mac years ago but I'm still boring and uncreative. How can I use my Mac to unlock my inner artist?

First day of work with my new MBP16 today, gotta say I'm loving how well it works with my phone.
>connect to wifi, phone auto-connects
>Bluetooth headphone connection shared between my phone and MacBook
>get a call on my phone, hit answer on the touch bar and take call through my headphones
>open an app on my phone, icon pod up in the quickbar to transfer

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Pajeet.

What movie/show is this from?

Start embracing your feminine side

Silicon Valley.

I had a nexus 6p and s7 before getting the 7plus.
You’ll miss a lot of features at first, but once you start valuing the consistency and ecosystem you’ll never look back.
Android feels poorly built for me now

so fucking much kindness in this thread.
Am I still on Sup Forums?

>the consistency and ecosystem

lmao

get the iPad Pro and download Creative Cloud CC. Then go and take some basic art courses on the internet. Such as Udemy and Youtube or read Betty Edward's ''Drawing on the right side of the brain''. You will be able to draw by the end of this summer. Guaranteed.

I'm liking these threads for the most part so far. Happy to be /fag/.
Any chance we could get a recommended app graph or web page somewhere? I'm still relatively new to iOS myself.

Too bad you can’t afford either ragesh

>SMB
Isn't that the interface that let WannaCry infect as many as it did?

>fagPad

That pile of shit can't even detect tilt properly. You can be halfway in while drawing a like and the piece of shit Applel pencil will go full tilt on you fucking up your entire drawing.

Anyone that claims this trash is usable in the slightest for drawing is a fucking paid shill.

I think he meant portable devices. Like phones and tablets

Ayy lmao

You can split view the lock screen? How? Guessing you need a more modern pad?

How will iToddlers ever recover?

ITODDLERS

PERPETUALLY

CONTINUALLY

CONSTANTLY

INCESSANTLY

EVERLASTINGLY

UNREMITTINGLY

INTERMINABLY

PERMANENTLY

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

UNTIL THE END OF TIME

just use smc fan control and turn off the fans. I use the 15 inch mbp 2016 and it's a comfy size.

>just throttle the throttlebook to chromebook level speed so it doesn't burn your house down

Mactoddlerism.

Where do technology illiterate mactoddler morons get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

>Paying eight hundred dollaridoos for a core m3 CPU when the new chip in the iPad Pros matches the Macbook Pro in some benchmarks

>iPad Pros matches the Macbook Pro

I knew memebooks were overheating throttling pieces of shit, but never knew they were THAT bad. Holy shit.

Multi-monitor full-screen was broken from 10.7 through 10.8. Thousands complained, Apple claimed it a feature.

Not fixable, not tweakable, not reversible. 10.6 or one full-screen monitor at a time.

Fuck off, Apple.

Yeah, it's Apples fault Intel are jews and have made barely any improvements to their CPUs since Sandy Bridge. I can't wait until Apple starts making their Macbook CPUs in house.

Hey /fag/. Silver or Space Gray for 15" 2017 MBP? I'm leaning towards silver.

space gray looks better irl

I mean, yeah, but it’s also the protocol that’s allowed computers to share files between each other for literal decades. Protocols that allow computers to communicate with each other are naturally going to play a part in spreading malware to other computers.

“Internet? Isn’t that that thing that causes all that malware?”

>throttlebook
lmao

As a GNU/Linux user I respect Apple. Is nice, has features, is somewhat friendly to open source, and defends the information from their users. I would use Apple products.

Contrary to Microsoft, fuck those assholes. Fuck them in the ass.

I wish that the "plus" line was really called a "Pro" line, and that the apple pencil was compatible with them.

If so, I would buy one in a heart beat. I love the pencil on the iPad Pro I have (9.7 in), but I would use it 1000x more if the 7Plus could recognize it.

>As a GNU/Linux user I respect Apple.

Fuck off Rajeesh.

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-apple.en.html

see

Fuck off Microsoft.

>drawing with an iPad
im not artistic or autistic, I use it for hand written notes in classes -- graphs, etc
>copy power point onto OneNote
>use pencil to add thoughts from class
>????
>profit

so I would like a smaller size that the pencil could use (like the small notebooks)

Iphone 5s for 160$ or iphone se for 300$?

>lagPhone

SE, no question. You get considerably more internal storage (note: never, ever buy a 16GB iPhone, you will be miserable), and the entire phone is two years newer. A lot’s happened in those two years.

>2 hour battery life or 1 hour battery life?

lmao

>All these anti Apple fags getting angry because no one is paying attention to them.

Kek

>this one Apple fag getting angry and talking to himself

Kek

what time is the poz my neg hole exhcange at apple store? i forgot

pozaidsfucker.tumblr.com/post/155732140549/my-bareback-hole-do-not-refuse-any-cock?is_highlighted_post=1

My Toshiba shit out after 5 years and I decided to try something different this time instead of just getting the cheapest laptop at bestbuy/the local place like I have been doing since 2002.

Got a Macbook Air and its amazing. First Apple product I have ever owned and its great.

Wait until fall for SE2 release. It'll be $400 price point, normal SE will be even cheaper

2 rupees have been deposited in your Apple evangelism account Ranjeet.

those TVs aren't true 120hz, they simply do frame interpolation

How can apple be more friendly ?
By sucking your duck because you are too stupid to masturebate

This so much, I fell for their shilling and got one. Returned it to Apple within 2 days. Drawing is utter shit on it if you already used Wacom.

Do the USB-C-only Macbooks include a regular USB adapter out of the box?

>Mac

No, this is Applel we're talking about here.

I am not aware of any evidence for a successor to the iPhone SE.

It's not as good as a Wacom. But it's also a self-contained device that costs around what a Wacom pen display alone does.

us-store.wacom.com/Product/Cintiq-13HD#/undefined1

The whole point of the aggressive move to USB-C is to push accessory manufacturers onto USB-C, which is best for everybody in the long run. Do we want a versatile, reversible USB connector that can charge laptops, drive monitors, and power external graphics cards? Yes. Yes we do. Are we going to need to step on some legacy toes to get there? Yes. Yes we will.

In the first quarter of fiscal 2016, the tech giant, Apple company recorded a 18.4 billion dollar profit translating to 3.06 dollar worth of a diluted share. The profit had increased from the 18 billion dollar profit of the first quarter of fiscal 2015. Apple’s margin was 40.1 in this quarter having been pushed high by its best selling devices which include the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The company’s CEO, Tim Cook attributed the success mostly to the iPhone Apple Watch and Apple TV which he referred to the world’s most innovative products. The company generated a 27.5 billion dollar cash flow and returned over 7 billion dollars to investors and completed 155 billion dollars of their 200 billion dollar capital return program. Apple’s second quarter earnings for fiscal 2016, ended on April 26th recorded a decline for the first time in 13 years. For the first time too, the iPhone sales declined, a factor which was considered as a major reason behind the decline. Their revenue declined by 9% from the previous year’s second quarter, coming down from 58 billion dollars to between 50 and 53 billion dollars. Other sources of income were, however, supportive in this quarter generating 4.3 billion dollars for the company. Their shares declined by 8%. The net income was 10.5 billion dollars translated as 1.90 dollar per share. They generated 11.6 billion cash flow and their gross margin dropped to 39.4%.

Read more: findpare.com/blog/apple-iphone-7-iphone-7-plus-

>costs around what a Wacom pen display alone does.
>t. poorfag mactoddler

I'm not a poorfag, I'm just saying that the value proposition works out.

>paying less for unusable trash that barely imitates much less performs as well as wacom

>""""""""""value proposition"""""""

Yeah. Value proposition. I have an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil, and they work just fine. They're nowhere near what I'd call "unusable", you hyperbolic idiot.

And, once again, they're portable, battery-powered, and include a built-in computer, all for a starting price that's $200 less than the Wacom pen display I linked. I think the value's definitely there and arguable, even if it's not as """""good""""".

>It's not as good as a Wacom. But it's also a self-contained device that costs around what a Wacom pen display alone does.
And? If it's a lot shittier, it's won't even be worth $5 for artists.

There were an initial bump on artists using the ipad on instagram, but they very quickly all moved back to their Wacoms and Traditional.

>t. iToddler

Get a real drawing tablet poorfag. Your Apple peasantry is disgusting.

Yeah, because I want to carry something as thick and heavy as an entire additional laptop just so I can draw and handwrite. And I *definitely* want to stand out as that spergy faggot who takes up twice as much space as he needs to because he refuses to compromise his autistic computing experience.

Nah, I think I'll stick with the iPad.

that's the first gen iPad Pro, not the updated one with 20ms latency

>spergy iToddler refuses to use superior products because he wants to show off the fruity applel logo on his fashion accessory

I see, you're an """"""artist"""""" not an artist.

>draws at Starbucks
You're a walking macfag stereotype.

Have you ever heard the photography adage, "the best camera is the one you have"? This is like that. The best drawing tablet is the one I can actually carry with me for when I need it. The one that actually fits on tiny lecture hall desks. The one that I can use while standing, with no surface to rest anything on.

Lmao, trying to paint me with stereotypes. No, I use my drawing tablet at work, at school, and while traveling. Believe it or not, I lead an interesting life, unlike most of you