Why does everyone on this board like Linux so much...

Why does everyone on this board like Linux so much? Windows does all the same stuff without having to learn a thousand different command line commands, AND it can play games too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigatory_Powers_Act_2016#Authorities_allowed_to_access_Internet_connection_records
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this is bait, but seriously, I can't take anymore of this.
either actually LEARN informatics or fuck off.
I'm sick, physically and emotionally sick, of your incessant shitposting.
If you don't understand a topic, don't comment on it.
Linux is the furthest away from being obsolete compared to the proprietary and bricked shitfest that is Macintosh software and hardware, or the banal and bloated botware of Micropenis.
If you want play your shitty AAA games (in which they don't even bother anymore), rather than actually contribute to intelligent technology related discussion? That's great.
But newsflash!
We have a containment board for that rubbish:
>Go home!
>Picture very much related, it is you trying to browse and understand TRUE Sup Forumsthreads.

t. Gentoddler

To expand on , see this and : That is why Sup Forums and actual superusers prefer Linux.

FOSS

Not only you're a fucking shitposter, you also posts fucking gay shit

come on, leave g and never come back

>superusers
>meme terms

traps aren't gay

>open source
>runs programs when I want to rather than reating from my hard drive 24/7
>base system needs very few processes to be kept running thanks to commercial linux development
no worries. if I need to game I can boot up a vm or dual boot, if I were ever too braindead retarded to properly utilize command lines there's a simple solution to that too

sagepost for shitpost, user

You don't need to learn the command line on linux. My dad is using it just fine and he is ~60.

He actually loves it too.(ubuntu mate)

so you admit that you still have to use windows because linux doesn't do everything you want. why not just use a single OS that covers everything instead of halfway using two?

I haven't learned more than 10 commands and I use Linux just fine for browsing and basic media consumption.
Windows is just a gayming machine that i use from time to time.
Linux is much faster for me, and it looks comfy with only 30 minutes of tweaking and packages compared to Windows which doesn't look good even after 3 hours of UI tweaking and mods.

Frankly, if i ever stop playing video games, Windows will be gone from my computer.
Also the way thing are going with GoG and Steam porting games to MacOS and Linux, and developers actively having more and more Linux support, Windows will soon become obsolete even if i don't stop gayming.

anime website

Pasta was too fresh for you, it seems

anime website

true

No it isn't you LARPing moron:
>a user of a computer system with special privileges needed to administer and maintain the system; a system administrator.
Stop trying to win 'reputation points' by being a contrarian, when the contrarian point you raise isn't even valid.
Why is Sup Forums infested with you effete gamerboys who think just because they have a really high score on LoL, they're suddenly a computer expert?

>He thinks Windows can run everything because it has "muh gaymes"
If you think the only shit that computers can do is run gaymes and Adobe products you need to go back

Two things- you don't need to learn terminal commands to take advantage of Linux, but you can dig deeper if you do.
Secondly, you had to learn things on WIndows too- you just forgive it because it was probably your first OS that you've used.

tl;dr, I can't wait for summer school to start for you retards to have something to do during the day

name ONE thing you can do in Linux that you can't in Windows. you literally can't

And you unironically think that?
I don't know?
Edit the source code, you chode.

Customize the UI completely without anything breaking.
Having a safer browsing and downloading experience.

so ricing is the only thing you neets can come up with? lmao

I like linux simply because I don't feel like I'm trying to fight my OS all the time.
On windows, everyone recommends you turn off all these settings, and block all these ports on your router, and install so-and-so "debotnetifier" or whatever, and windows will still undo all those changes next time you reboot.
Plus, windows rot is real and your system really does get more slow after running it for over a year, gnu/linux doesn't do this, even if you install every non-conflicting package in your distro's repos.

Configuring the repeat key rate (no on Windows you can't, it's just a fucking joke).

And security.
And also intuitiveness since the settings in Linux are all in one place and not strewn about randomly like in Windows.

You're just mad because your elitist dick-sucking self has no comeback. The only reason you use any Linux distribution is to show 1. How cool you are that you know terminal commands or 2. Your dumbass thinks the government is constantly fucking with you. In which case you can de-botnet windows 7/8/10.

Hahaha, you dishonest prick, literally ignoring me:
Also, use command line to an almost unlimited degree.
Something that Windows and Mac don't let you do.

windows has fill bash cli, the rest wasn't an argument

Use the OS without ads popping up.

But it was.
And you ignored it again.

*full
also macOS has a full Unix terminal so you're just showing that you literally have no idea what you're even talking about

Modify your operating system however you want
Make it look however you want
Control it only by command line
SSH
View its source code
Use a filesystem other than NTFS
Have a package manager
Update all programs and the operating system with a single command
Update everything without having to reboot and "Wait for updates" It just updates in the background and only rarely requires a reboot

That's literally only scratching the surface
If none of those things you would use or don't apply to you then you don't know how to use computers and are just a fucking normie that needs to go back to

Mac is still more locked down than Linux, not to the same degree as Windows though.

it isn't locked down at all, you've obviously never even used it

So deluded.

I can ignore OS updates and confirm their effects on the Internet, without caring about updates fucking shit up and disrupting work.

>ancient 2002-era versions of gcc and other GNU tools
>no native package manager
>only brew
>you better hope that some faggot is maintaining brew packages for your obscure library or software tool

software development on mac is a joke

>Wikileaks
>Snowden
>WannaCry (using NSA tools)
Mhm... gosh yeah, that government isn't doing anything.
Fuck off, you brainwashed denialist.

Just trying to upgrade the hardware yourself isn't allowed. :^)

a whole lot of not an argument from Linux kids today...

I can stop caring about file corruption because both Linux and UNIX have better file system managers than Windpoop.

>windpoop
literally arguing with 12 year olds...
*sigh* why do I even come to this website anymore...

You do know, just because you watch (and think that you are) Molymeme doesn't mean you get to disregard valid points as:
>not an argument
Just because you dislike them, right?

You're such a shit troll this isn't even amusing, just pathetic.
You get shot down and then think simply going:
>Ugh kids...
Or
>Ugh not an argument...
Is worth anything.
Sad fucko. :^)

Poop is corrupt matter that's supposed to be excreted.
I'd say it describes Windows well.

WINFAGS
FOREVER
ETERNALLY
B T F O
T
F
O

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's going to die, install gentoo.

Packet injection

I'll refute your argument when you actually make one

Reminder that GNU != Linux

GNU is the crap made by unemployable turboautists with no concept of accessibility and common sense.

>Gets BTFO on every single reply to
>Ignores every single reply
Are winniggers truly this retarded?

Hey guys. Be happy that not everyone wants to linux.
We windows guys protekt you from the virus. From a slow operating system. From AAA games (i must admit it 90% of new games are pure shit).
Except i never gotten viruses, neither slow operating system. Even with my six year old machine can run Win10.
Btw let's accept that everyone likes other things :V

and Linux is the shitty kernel that powers it, what's your point?

Most of us like linux, because it sort of goes hand in hand with GNU, and this is the Richard Stallman board.

Wewlad
>Denialism is a valid form of argumentation
Since when?
Didn't Molymeme school you properly in rhetoric or logic?
Nah, didn't think so.
Go home go home.

>55 replies

Too easy.

sauce me my dude

>shitty
It really isn't. My point is one is developed by smart people and big companies while the other is developed by bored autists with no real skills other than doing things for free.

If the government was watching my computer I would be under a felony arrest of piracy of over 1000 dollars

>Linux literally has some of the most renowned computer scientists in the world programming it
>Large corporations also use it A LOT and develop it to fit their needs: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category
>People are paid a lot of money to develop it also
So no, you 'tard.

which is why you should use macOS. it's basically Linux with software support and made by professionals instead of autistic teens in their mom's basement

You realize macOS ships with Clang, not gcc, right? And you can use brew to install up-to-date gcc if you wanted to?

How does a lack of a native package manager hinder your development? Brew installs literally any dev package or library you need. The App Store will keep system components up to date.

>What is a drag net?
Convert to Islam, then have fun.

see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Market_share_by_category and shut your retarded mouth (also chop those useless fingers off).

I'm going on a limb here, but can you run a daemon in Windows?

quality over quantity
>m-more people use it, that means it's better!
no, it's free, retard. people put up with it because they aren't paying for it

* Compile code without using awkward hacks like Linux on Windows.
* Have a decent root directory structure.
* Use a proper package manager.

>LINUX RUNS ALL THE EMDEEDEDBED stuff so that means ITS GREAT FOR PROGRAMMING

Cross platform compiling exists, you mouth breathing retard. Which means that people who are writing embedded applications for Linux are probably not writing them in Linux. Especially for embedded situations.

Linux is way better for running a server than other OSes. Still doesn't make it a better environment to write software in or use it as your daily, leisure operating system.

trap on trap is a god's gift

>Used on 99.79% of supercomputers.
Get fucking REKT you dumbshit.
You can't even argue like a human, let alone an adult.

because Apple doesn't make supercomputers you f*cking moron
think for 2 seconds before you spew nonsense to defend your shitty OS

Yes. They're called Services.

see and kys.

You do realize only extremely mentally ill people (ie homosexuals) use apple products, right?

Literally same point.

Linux runs on Supercomputers. How the fuck does that make it a good OS?

Are fish objectively the better species because they can breath underwater and we can't? Are you fucking stupid?

Thank you kind user, have you ever had an experience with this?

Oh gosh, yeah, they'd turn down big bucks...
What a shitty argument.
People haven't asked them to, for a reason.

Because it has: >TL;DR: Offers a greater level of control.

Thank you.
Come again.

Speak English little dick rick

Control that is only useful for servers and supercomputers, not the average desktop user. Thats why it sucks dicks.

I don't know, maybe that running on a computer that draws the electric consumption of a nuclear power plant means you're stable, reliable, lightweight, powerful, and scalable?

How wasn't that English?

Well, I enjoy having control over my everyday computing.
So I guess this is an entirely subjective opinion and more of a:
>Horses for courses

you can use Linux without forcing telemetry up your ass (yeah you can reduce it, but it's still there even if you're on Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB N/Education with all those effort to "remove" it. once you actually removed telemetry on windows 10, windows 10 just won't work anyway since it apparently a permanent fixture to it)

They're pretty shitty. They're very limited in what they can do, I think they run under a very underprivileged user. Not sure; but the only experience I've had with them is trying to get Plex to start before user login and it was full of issues and pitfalls.

Linux is easier to use and has better user experience becauz you can set it how you like.

Himitsu no Renketsu Sharyou.

IF LINUX WAS SUCH A GOOD OS THEN IT'D BE #1 IN THE CONSUMER MARKET, BUT IT AIN'T

SO SUCK MY DICK WITH ALL THIS SUPERCOMPUTER TALK. YA JUST MADE YOU CAN'T PLAY THE LATEST GAEMS OR USE MICROSOFT OFFICE. GOTTA SETTLE WITH TUXRACER AND LIBREKEKFRICE.

I'm actually confused when you say dragnet. If you want to convert me to your Linux cult, can you explain what it is to me?

lmao every time
every single time people try to have a discussion about why loonix is shit on desktop you spergs try to bring up
>muh supercomputers
as if it's at all relevant

I hope so I'm using Windows just for gaming.
Also same as you said, I'm no Linux expert but o run vms and servers on Linux without issues. It's not like quantum physics it's just basic knowledge required and any minimally tech capable person can run it even without a GUI.

see .
You're also overestimating the technological literacy of the general public.
So, once again, what a shitty argument.
It seems you need to watch more Molymeme.

The method by which Wester nation states have been and continue to collect vast amounts of data from the backbone.

I brung it into the discussion because people were cherrypicking their own and trying to falsely use this as argumentation also:
So no, fuck off.

>brung
argument invalid

>brung
>brung. [bruhng] 1. a past participle and simple past tense of bring.
Sorry for your American English.
>*pat*

I know you can run Skyrim just fine on Archlinux with wine.

I have reason to believe under many laws in which a cops have no reason to search me without probable cause that I am okay. If they try to arrest me without previous probable cause or a warrant I can sue the police department for misconduct. I do agree that the government should fuck off with their data mining

your retarded, just stop posting

>dialect past and past participle of bring.
>dialect
Fuck off you dumb yuropoor, we took your shit language and made it better

In the United Kingdom:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigatory_Powers_Act_2016#Authorities_allowed_to_access_Internet_connection_records
Also, I'm sure under the Patriot Act, they could do something similar.
Even without, read about Snowden, you'll see just how unscrupulous Western nation states are.
If you're still in doubt, look into Fourteen Eyes.

>What is descriptivist grammar?
No, numbskull, dialect doesn't make an argument invalid.

You can't even speak English correctly and you expect anyone to take you seriously?

who draws shit like this

it's cute