/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

If you want help:
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA).
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate.
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?

CPUs:
>G4560 - Budget builds (R5 1400 is stretching it, but I got mine to 3.9 ghz with the stock cooler.
>R5 1500x - All you really need for 60fps with power to spare; Don’t get an i5 right now.
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; Get a 1600x if you don't OC
>R7/Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/mixed use; Not required for just gaming.

GPUs:
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>RX 560 and GTX 1050Ti - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games
>RX570 - 1080p@60hz at high, running most maxed older games at 144+hz
>GTX1060 3gb paired with a g4560 for those with a really tight budget.
>RX580 and GTX1060 - 1080p@60hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; Go for the RX580 if you can.
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@144hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p.
>GTX 1080 Ti - 1440p@144 hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games; You're kind of going overboard with this one.
>Titan XP - 4k@60hz maxed in most, if not all games; You don't need this unless you're curing cancer or something.

General:
>ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
>NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.

Please be nice to people asking questions. No fanboy arguments please.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/vPp323/fractal-design-focus-g-mini-black-microatx-mini-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-mini-bk-w
pcpartpicker.com/list/DYGZ7h
youtube.com/watch?v=LKxzYFU5a_U
amazon.com/dp/B01N6E5DGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_XMQrzbZZ3HDCR
youtube.com/watch?v=mfrBYKd_qAs
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/GvdV9W
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/wsvyd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/qc8gjc
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zTGZ7h
it.pcpartpicker.com/product/LhgPxr/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvrb
pcpartpicker.com/list/FQXwvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/3Zs3Gf
pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk
pcpartpicker.com/list/fY6WvV
pcpartpicker.com/list/7M8NwV
pcpartpicker.com/list/ggnWTH
pcpartpicker.com/list/jxMHTH
youtu.be/Ul8bxyDiOVU?t=7m49s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Please be nice to people asking questions.
Well you can't be surprised for unpolite responses when people ask shit without even reading the OP first

wtf happened to that mobo/cpu/cooler?

what's the cheapest amd gpu I can buy for warband

Moving in a couple of months trying to find a new monitor/tv for when I get to the new place. Cant decide between

Sony XBR55X850D
>Native 120hz also has 4k for furture proof stuff but a tv

Seiki Pro SM40UNP
>40 in monitor
>4k 60hz

I can't really run 4k yet. I am open to other suggestions. Really want something at least 40in for space.

Also think my mobo and ram are really holding me back. Should I upgrade or wait until a graphics card that can actually run 4k to upgrade everything?

Thinking about doing a new build and jumping from Mini ITX to mATX. There seems to be very limited selections of decent mATX cases

Can anyone speak as to the quality of the Silverstone TJ08 for a build today? I love the case but I fear that I/O might be not so great and cable management might not be up to par.

Post/Recommend other mATX cases that aren't fucking huge and basically ATX cases in disguise.

>pic related is Silverstone TJ08

I'm building a microATX ryzen computer for 1440p/144Hz and VR gaming. Until we find out whether vega is good or not I'll be moving an XFX r9 290 into it. I can't find 2x8gb 3200mHz ram thats compatible so I'm sticking with 3000mHz. I'm also interested in trying to make it silent (hence the H60)
Looking for opinions and suggestions.

Liquid coolers have a pump in them (which is noisy) and this is a single 120mm fan you got in there
You'd get less noise with a similarly priced air cooler.

>Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later

Try reading the OP

Nothing wrong about TV, as long as the response time is decent.

I have that mobo and processor.
Yeah the RAM compatibility is still lacking. It's great otherwise. You can OC comfortably to 3.6 3.7 on the stock cooler. Whch is more than enough for gaming, and is relatively quiet.
That RAM is fine.
Yeah, I'd wait for Vega aswell.
I recommend getting a Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB for like $66 usd. It's the best price/quality

1. Im moving cross country in a year and I was wondering do I have to take apart my computer completely to keep it safe.

2. I'm building a high end computer do I get a 7700k or an amd processor. I don't know much about amd.

god, that's hideous.
Also
>top mount PSU
no

I did read the OP user. I just have the money to get everything I want this time.

I'll look into the 3TB then, thanks user.

here's my suggestion.
pcpartpicker.com/product/vPp323/fractal-design-focus-g-mini-black-microatx-mini-tower-case-fd-ca-focus-mini-bk-w

>I'm also interested in trying to make it silent (hence the H60)
Topkek. With the H60 you'll achieve the opposite. Get a silent air cooler instead.
RAM issues should be fixed with ne next big BIOS update, i wouldn't worry about it. SSD is decent, maybe get the PNY CS1311 or Samsung 850 Evo instead. Do swap the WD Blue for Toshiba P300 though.
Case looks decent, personally i'd go for a Define S or C. Regardless what case you chose, add silent fans like Noctua or Be Quiet to it, most come with only one fan.
The speakers are trash, do yourself a favour and buy powered monitors or at least decent bookshelf/desktop speakers.

Made some adjustments
pcpartpicker.com/list/DYGZ7h

Air cooler, got it. TY

>I don't know much about amd.
AMD has a long history of engineering breakthroughs, the biggest one they often brag about is how they invented the 64 bit CPU with the Athlon 64, which all CPU's use today. To this day, a lot of people still refer to it as AMD64 when talking about ANY 64 bit chip..'
youtube.com/watch?v=LKxzYFU5a_U
This doesn't mention Ryzen since the video's a few years old, but Ryzen is a huge breakthrough as well. The RYzen program was the pet project of AMD's current CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, pic related.

>he clearly lacks any sort of refined taste in aesthetics
I bet this is your case you pleb
Still pretty big at 18" deep and 15" tall

I have this case but in white
Love it

So what does amd make that is better than the 7700k? Or is the 7700k adequate for gaming and streaming?

Get a Ryzen 1700

What is the service charge of websites build your custom PC for you?

What is the value of the product though user? How much farther does your dollar go with as 7700K vs an R5 1600 right now?

is there a mother for amd that is equivalent to asus z270f? are all aios compatible?

amazon.com/dp/B01N6E5DGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_XMQrzbZZ3HDCR

if i do not overclock will it still be enough to stream and game?

The 7700k is the king of 144 fps gaming. so long as you have nothing else going on in the background. The 7700k's performance can be attributed to its fantastic single-thread performance and high clockspeeds.

However, the current recommendations for gaming builds center around AMD's Ryzen processor line ups. The Ryzen 5 1600 is the golden CPU at the moment. It had 6 cores and 12 threads (2 more cores, and 4 more threads than the 7700k) which gives it amaxing performance, especially since it's a minimum of $100 cheaper but can match the 7700k in many games, if not being slightly slower. The 1600 comes ahead when you do anything other than gaming though. It's better at streaming, multi-tasking, and running CPU--intensive programs.
And as a bonus, while only the K chips in Intel's line ups are overclockable, ALL of AMD's Ryzen chips are unlocked and overclockable
youtube.com/watch?v=mfrBYKd_qAs

Hows my build ? Anything I should change ? It will be my first build (already have the case )

Need to buy a wireless adapter, any recommendations or things I should look for?

Don't get an i5
Don't get that PSU
Don't get a 3GB 1060
Don't get 2133Mhz RAM

I would read and recommend the 1600 for about 5 bucks cheaper. It would also allow you to save atleast another 50 bucks on an AM4 botherboard. Just make sure your ram is good for it.

>Hows my build ?
Shit.
>Anything I should change ?
Everything.
>inb4 hurr durr spoonfeed me
Read OP and last thread.

Did you even read the OP nigger? Get an R5 1600 not an i5 you dumb coon.

Explain him why or stop posting

>is there a mother for amd that is equivalent to asus z270f?
Yes. AMD B350 boards are equivalent to Intel's B250 boards. BUT The B350 boards support crossfire and overclocking.
The full-fat X370 chipsets though matches features with Intel's Z270 boards, and I believe has more PCIe lanes as well, though someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

>are all aios compatible?
Not at the moemnt. Ryzen was released a few months ago. However, many companies are already working on brackets for Ryzen's AM4 platform. Cooler Master already has a bunch and if you don't have the bracket, just go on their site and they will send you the AM4 bracket for your kit free of charge.

Plenty. The 1700 has 8 cores and 16 threads.

>lazyfag
Bought a gtx 550 ti years ago b/c price/performance
what is comparable today?

1050 ti. If you can afford it jump up to a rx 570

Is it safe to buy parts on sale now while I wait for Vega or should I buy them when Vega is released?

Plenty of performance at stock

but I dont know anything about overclocking. so i already have 1080ti and a 1440p monitor, now im trying to figure out do i get a amd cpu or intel. and i just made the changes to the part list for a amd cpu and it says the cooler has compatiblity issues. lol i think im to dumb for a amd processsor.

Its about as safe as its ever going to get without a sudden flash sale or black friday. I'm purchasing them now.

Worst case scenario for using ddr4 RAM that isnt in the qvl for an am4 mobo? Is it the pc not getting past post or is it the RAM getting clocked to 2133?

Buy parts you're 100% sure you can and whille use if on sale only, otherwise buy them later.
Things will most likely become cheaper, take a look at the price history.

Some report to not being able to POST at all but that's probably with some shit RAM.
If you have wide spread RAM like Corsair LPX or G.Skill Ripjaws V it will boot at 2133 at worst case. My new Ryzen with Ripjaws V 3200 CL16 booted at 2133 without issues.

Worst case scenario is not getting past 2133Mhz
But its very likely to get to 2933Mhz, thanks to updates
Only 3200Mhz and above have some problems

reposting this in new bread too since last time you were so kind as to give me some solid advice

I've decided to build my own pc, this is the second time I do so, but being the first almost fifteen years ago, I might be very much out of the loop.

I've a budget of ~700€ (the maximum being 800€), I'm from Italy.
I would use this mainly as a gaming platform (I already have a laptop for work related things); I play quasi exclusively single player games, and something that could run nicely fallout 4, witcher 3 and the latest asscreeds (pls don't judge) would be ideal.
I already have a monitor, it's an Asus vw222s (1680x1050, 80.2/75 hz refresh rate) and I don't plan for the time being to buy a new one; mouse+keyboard would be a nice addition.

What do you recommend me? What's your advice in the matter?
I already have a vague idea, thanks to a lot of fiddling around pcpartpicker, but I would like to hear your opinion.

thanks in advance

___

some ideas after your recommendations
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/GvdV9W
it.pcpartpicker.com/list/wsvyd6

Think of it this way. Do you do ANYTHING else running in the backgrounds while gaming? Even streaming software.
If yes, get Ryzen.
You can change the cooler to one that works with Ryzen. Not every company has brackets available. Cooler Master is very good at it. if your kit doesn't have an AM4 bracket, they will send you one free of charge, so look at their coolers

upgrading from a 8320 with 2 7870s in xfire. I can't play any new games with medium graphics. tell me what you think? My last thread got derailed my a cum statined desk. My fault though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/qc8gjc

using old parts for power and cooling.

Gonna start ordering parts very soon, anything I should change here?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zTGZ7h

I don't need anything super good to be honest, just casual gaming and don't care about graphics much.

OPs recommendations are shit, why would I reference it?

Get 16GB of faster RAM and a 1600 and that Ryzen build is great
it.pcpartpicker.com/product/LhgPxr/gskill-memory-f43000c15d16gvrb
Not too much more expensive and twice the amount + much faster
And the 1600 is only 25€ more than the 1500x and it has 2 extra cores/4 extra threads

Change the Ryzen 5 1600 for the Ryzen 7 1700. MOAR CORES

because you're clearly a retarded shill if you think those recommendations are shit

There you go
pcpartpicker.com/list/FQXwvV

What's the most recommended tiny little PC chassis that I can build a computer with to fit in the living room? We're talking like small console size. Something I can tuck away in an entertainment center. Chassis cost isn't a problem.

Gracias.

Did it died?

thanks
what about 3x4gb ram?

would this be for a home theater PC or a full fat normal spec desktop? Price will be about the same either way.

Add an Evo 500gb ssd and this is pretty much exactly what I just built, solid choice.

Most won't run above 2133Mhz
And Ryzen really likes fast RAM

The AGESA Bios/UEFI updates should fix this.

Cheaper and better
pcpartpicker.com/list/3Zs3Gf

They might do, but I recommend just getting a 16GB 3200Mhz dual kit

This one is pretty small and looks nice
pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk

full fat normal pc to play in living room w/ keyboard and mouse

Should I ACTUALLY wait for Vega?
I'm thinking about buying a 580 (Probably try to buy one secondhand from a miner)
But would Vega be a better option or at least wait and see if its release drops 580 prices?

>pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk
gorgeoussss

Anyone got that PSU image chart?
Is the Corsair VS650 any good?
What about EVGA 600w and 600B?

Just get a 1070.

>Is the Corsair VS650 any good?
No.
>What about EVGA 600w and 600B?
EVGA B series is good for basic build for performance/OC build i suggest you look at their G2/3 series PSUs or Seasonic G or Prime series.

Why?

So what are the best CPU coolers?

The only thing worth buying now is a 1080. prices of everything else are too high, even 1070's.

pcpartpicker.com/list/fY6WvV

BTW, I'm not an Intel shill, but AMD Ryzen only has shit ITX boards at the moment.

I don't have much choices unfortunately
What about the Antec VP 700P? This picture says the Antec VP series is pretty good

Alright, thanks for the answers. Im just worried about buying the parts and not getting past post.

is 4k gaming worth it? I've never owned a 144hz monitor but i'm thinking about going 4k with freesync/gsync instead of a 1440p 144hz monitor

depends on the games you play desu senpai

mostly like dota 2, dark souls, indie games, maybe some upcoming games like MH world, or pillars of eternity, darkest dungeon

>Antec VP 700P?
No idea about that one. All i can tell you is that i have a 7 year old Antec VP450 which is still going strong. Should be fine for basic usage, idk about OC. Check Jonnyguru, maybe he reviewed it.

>Im just worried about buying the parts and not getting past post.
This can always happen and you will have to deal with it either way. If you see some very good deal then buy. For example i got my R5 case for 79€ and XFX RX470 4G for 169€ a few month ago. The R5 usually goes for 100€ and the RX470 for 200€... well sold it for 250€ because muh miners.

>tfw fantasizing about dropping a Sup Forums at microcenter for my perfect ryzen rig
>turns into a nightmare when they tell me that all the memecoin faggots bought the AMD vidya cards

pcpartpicker.com/list/7M8NwV

Put together my first build today, ordered everything and shit, how's it looking?

looks good to me

16GB RAM would come in handy
Get 3200Mhz, should only be a few bucks more expensive

Get faster RAM and gold PSU for OC.

Ignore those PSU tier lists
The antec VP is a solid budget PSU
Nothing amazing, but you wont run into any issues

thanks

Will getting something like 3000Mhz make such a big difference?
I was trying to keep costs down so just bought those sticks off eBay for like $85.

How's AMD doing with Ryzen? Surely with everyone everywhere shitting on Intel and praising Ryzen they're bound to have a make a huge jump in the market, right?

Genuinely asking, wondering if there's already any numbers out there.

numbers exist..somewhere

check these numbers

pcpartpicker.com/list/ggnWTH

Alright, now it's crunch time, The fans are on but the motherboard won't post. Graphics card isn't installed yet, Did I more likely fuck up the ram or the CPU?

pcpartpicker.com/list/jxMHTH

First time build, mainly for a 3D modeling and video editing workstation, with some occasional gaming. Upgrading from a midrange 2009 laptop.

Got the i5 for $120 because employee

Yes but difference will vary depending on your usage. For gaming while noticeable it's still not that big of an issue, for applications it is.
The price difference shouldn't be that high, maybe $10-20 and that's worth the investment. It's highly recommended to get at least 2666 for Ryzen.

>have a make a huge jump in the market
No. Intel still holds most if not all B2B contracts for OEM sellers which means AMD will have a tough time entering that market, for now.
Idk about B2C but i guess Ryzen made a noticeable cut into the market. That's probably why Intel rushed the X299 Comubstion Lake meme that's being btfo right now.

>Graphics card isn't installed yet
Retard. Ryzen doesn't have an integrated GPU. You need to install the GPU and connect you monitor to it, otherwise you will see a black screen, obviously.

Did you already buy the i5?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/DYGZ7h
it looks fine. but I think that you could use your money more efficiently.
Do you really need that Motherboard?
Are you doing some heavy OC?
That cooler is good. But IIRC the 1700X comes with the Wraith spire Max, and it's not too far off from the cryorig one.

Change the HDD for a 3TB Hitachi Ultrastar(for the same price) and you're golden.

>Off_by_one.png

install the graphics card. The Ryzen R5 family does not have Integrated Graphics.

Yes

Even with the discount you got, you still paid $20 more than what you would've with an R5 1600 build and yet you're still getting a massively inferior CPU for the tasks you do
I'm sorry user

>mainly for a 3D modeling and video editing workstation, with some occasional gaming
You want Ryzen. Don't argue, just get Ryzen.
>Got the i5 for $120 because employee
Seal not broken yet? Sell it for $200 and buy a R5 1600 or R7 1700.

Only downside is that an ITX build is not really a good choice with Ryzen since the only ITX mobos are from Biostar, but mATX should be fine.

>i5
>Video efiting
>3D modelling
DON'T.

suggestions:

>Get a Ryzen 1700 completely destroys the i5 . Curently the best bang/buck for modeling and rendering, since rendering LOVES those 8 cores and 16 threads. You can OC it to 3.6 super stable with the stock cooler.
>Get a Windows 10 pro key from Kinguin.net
>The AM4 ITX boards from AsRock and Gigabyte should be rolling out at the begining of next month or so.
>you can get a kit of 2X8GB 3200 RAM at newegg for $115

if you get Ryzen you might have a system that lasts you as long as your old laptop did.

>That's probably why Intel rushed the X299 Comubstion Lake meme that's being btfo right now.
X299 is a great platform, stupid shill.
youtu.be/Ul8bxyDiOVU?t=7m49s
Have fun buying 3.2ghz processors in 2017 lmao while I'll have fun with my 5.3ghz chip made by actual professionals.