You will short both very quickly.
It is incredibly stupid as even discharged batteries
can give of quite a bit of energy.

mustard gas

A puppy dies every time it's done

something like this is more interesting
youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLHdBTQ7s

What happens if I plug this?

They charge each other, pretty cool phenomenon actually. You can do this in a pinch if you need more battery

if it was a keyboard you could hack the electrical grid

A magnetic field will develop and one of them (cant remember whether its left or right) will start floating

LMAO

what happens if I plug the usb in? has someone tried it?

How dangerous was that?

Could it kill someone?

>Could it kill someone?
yes

It would be extremely painful

DON'T

Don't do it user. All your data will be uploaded to the local power grid which will be forwarded to the government.

You would effectively put two batteries in series, doubling the voltage, then short them out. This would create quite a bit of heat and probably wear out the batteries quickly, but I don't think there would be catastrophic failure.

These adapters output 5 volts. These usb devices run on 5v, so they would turn on, but obviously not do anything because duh power only.

>Could it kill someone?
A single 9V battery can kill you.

>How dangerous was that?
very
it's basically a makeshift miniture welder made of components absolutely not suited for it

deadly eletricity and fire hazards out the ass

They'll start heating up and leaking acid when they critically fail.

They're not lithium, they don't fucking pop/explode or anything.

Oh I thought it would short circuit and burn out if I plugged it in the adapter

Fucking do it nigger

A short circuit will only occur if you directly connect positive voltage to ground.

If you were to somehow plug in that usb device to something that output, say, 12 volts, you would probably make it pop, but it wouldn't be a short. When it comes to frying electronics, adapter output amperage doesn't matter (mostly), output voltage does.

Then why was he so relaxed, touching it with a tiny ass alligator clip with the tip just cm away from his hand?

Was he just being an idiot?

>Was he just being an idiot?
Yes

UUUU

Whoa, racist much?

How about this?
In the shows they usually show it being put into one of the rectangles, so if you put it in both, would the electricity from each side cancel eachother out?

You are mentally retarded

That would be an immediate 120 volt short circuit. You would hear and see a violent pop and spark, then your circuit breaker would trip and the entire room would go dark.
If you happen to be grounded, that current will probably go through you, giving you a potentially fatal electric shock.

A device won't pull more current than the circuit is designed to.
That is, unless there is a fault which causes a short circuit internally, but this is typically only when damaged.

For example, a resistive circuit that pulls 2A from a supply which can handle 2A will also pull 2A from a supply which can handle 1000A, so long as voltages are identical.

In simple resistive circuits this can be calculated from ohms law. I=V/R
Current will only increase if voltage also increases.
This is a physical principal which cannot be broken.

The only real exception is a circuit which *is* at fault or designed to draw more current than a usual supply provides, but that in theory should have current draw issues when plugged into a computer, etc anyway.

This basically.

The bulk of the current would flow between the metal prongs, although a small amount would travel through your body to earth.
In an ideal situation, you would blow a fuse/trip a switch before it was dangerous, but if you had particularly good conductivity or if the houses wiring was inadequate (as it so often is in the US ;^) ) it could easily kill you.

If I'm grounded, the electricity goes through me to the ground and I could die?
So if I do it while say, jumping, or suspended from the ceiling, id be safe, but the room would still blackout right?
Does

I mean, if you want to get technical...

If you were not grounded, a 120 volt short would probably burn the fucking bajeezus out of your hand and like said, the tweezers would carry the bulk of the current - effectively turning the tweezers into a low resistance resistor and getting very, very hot.

If you are grounded, or the circuit completes itself across your heart or other vital nervous areas, you will probably go into cardiac arrest and die.

Electricity is looking for the path of least resistance to ground. If the tongs are the path of least resistance, that's where it will go. If you are the path of least resistance, the electricity will go through you!

Btw, Idk if you're being retarded or not, but this is actually an interesting subject.

I'm a little retarded, not pretending.
So will the electricity travel to my feet if I'm not planted on the ground? Or will it remain stagnant in my hands and tweezers?

Can confirm. I once tapped the two wires together from where a light switch was and almost killed myself

Hopefully my excellent paint skills will solve this for you

>copyright
>not licensed under gnu public license

This. They will eventually reach a charge eqilibrium.

You must first purchase your monthly subscription before you can redistribute this chart.

It's only $19.95 a month :^)

It's 2kV DC with max current only limited by internal resistance of the batteries, so 'd say it can kill several people at once.

Obviously he's an idiot. While 2kV is not enough to blast through a centimeter of air, some sweat can easily change that, plus the rubber insulation on standard test leads is typically rated only up to 1kV.

BY THE WAY, A PSA:
Some really bad /csg/ power supplies and other gadgets with USB ports do not fully separate the AC and DC circuits inside, so if you grab the metal part of the USB stick plugged into one of them (or just charge a phone with a metal shell) and happen to be grounded at the time, you can get a mains voltage shock (and die).

1337haxorprogram.exe

>/csg/

>you will probably go into cardiac arrest and die

If his house is wired properly with a RCD (and there's no reason not to have a RCD in this day and age), the chances of dying from doing this are significantly decreased.

you mean you're on Sup Forums and never noticed the permanently present "chink shit general" thread?

Why are Americans such pussies when it comes to electricity?

Been zapped by 230V several times.
It's not that bad.

Unless you're barefoot in pool of water or something it's not going to kill you you babies.

There are like less than 10 fatalities with home electricity per year in all of Europe.

The GNU Public License is a copyright, dipshito.

blah blah blah must be 18 blah blah blah

True, more than likely you're going to trip some sort of breaker, but this chart shows the worst case scenario.
Your anecdote about being shocked several times (why) shouldn't be a measure of "toughness." 120 volts, 240 volts, it doesn't matter. If your body completes the circuit just right and enough current flows across your heart, there is good chance of severe injury/death.

>Been zapped by 230V several times.
In 99% of cases people get zapped by touching both live and neutral/ground with one hand, which is nasty but can't kill you. But this isn't a reason to be careless.

>Unless you're barefoot in pool of water
Btw, an inflatable pool provides ridiculously good insulation, even with water inside.

This makes a lot of sense actually.
Thanks user
I might try the second one if I can figure out a good way to do it it. (Jumping with one thing in the hot)

Am I the only one who sees a fucking sad face on american wall outlets?

Some, like myself, hide all threads with ``General'' in their name.

You mean you are on Sup Forums and don't know about thread hiding?

hurr durr

If you happen to be serious, sage advice is to not stick foreign objects into electrical sockets, period.

It is against the rules to announce sage.

oh okay mb I'll just follow panel one then

Going to assume this is a poor attempt at trolling, and that you're not in fact, retarded.

D:

It's so obviously a joke, how fucking retarded do you have to be not to get that?

What is retarded is using the term ``trolling'' to describe an obvious joke.

Unless that 9V battery is thrown from 10th floor building or you swallow it and digest it, it cant kill you...

Kek cannot die.

What would happen if you plugged one of those USB killers into an outlet?

I't would probably charge it

if it is a 32 gig drive, then it will hold 32 GB of of power.

9V batteries are actually mechanically designed to be connected in serial in order to increase output voltage. If OP flips one battery over you'll get the idea.

N N
U U

You will short circuit both batteries and they will lose their charge and get hot.

3rd and 4th depend on whether GFCI or AFCI breakers/outlets are installed,tbqhfam

ive done it, they get warm but nothing much happens

>dying from 220V
>even better, dying from 120V
fucking pussies

Reported

D=

Fify

Or if you jab a wire from each end into your thumbs to test the resistance of your blood and have it arc across your heart like that one retard.

What happens if you plug one of those USB killers into the wall?
Do you kill the grid?

Pepe is already dead dipshit.

Is this real
Source

Sounds like an old wives' tale, but I've heard it repeated several times throughout my education, including by my former high school physics teacher. He was a known pothead though.
darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin1999-50.html
msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=104;t=000779;p=1

Not an old wive's tale. It probably won't hurt many people, but a shock across the heart has the possibility to send your heart into an irregular rhythm. Your body has no evolutionary defenses against that type of thing, remember. Probably worse if you have heart disease.

>potential to die by completing wall outlet circuit with tweezers
Does that mean that you're just as close to dying as when you're removing a tiny plug that separates your finger from one of the prongs by ~1 centimeter?

now i know why you guys call them chinks...

Unlikely, you would have to be already 'charged', maybe with static electricity in order for something like this to trigger arrhythmia

It's actually copyleft dipshit :^)

No. It isn't. Just like it isn't GNU + Linux.

>the ground and I could die?
the ground is immortal fuckwit

stop feeding them

>ignoring free information
are you retarded there mate
how you supposed to read it if you hide the thread

What will happen Sup Forums?

>when you're removing a tiny plug
im not sure im imagining the plug you imagined, usually the electricity is milimeters from your skin but 120v cant even jump 2mm of wire insulation, you 5mm of plastic is ok

but a bad design or old plug on a high amp device is risky inded, so a clothes iron with a bad plug is a hazard for sure

I also don't browse /lgbt/, faggot. Go be stupid reading your ``free information'' somewhere else.

YOu can store 16GB of energy like a battery like that, but you'll probably burn out whatever you try to power with it as it won't be built to receive power from an SD card.

I shorted the powerpoint with my favourite screwdriver when I was a kid
made a nice blu arc probably between 100- 200mm length and melted some scorch marks on the screwdriver shaft on the connection points

don't know why I did it, I had enough understanding to know that it would only pass through the screwdriver and I guess I was testing that

>Does
Did he died?

this is a really cheap way to add gesture controls to your house lights and appliances.

Has anyone got a driver?

they get hot, we used to do this in systems class in high school,

9v cells cant push much current to explode or do anything fun.

You recharge the battery with less charge in it until the charges of both batteries equalize. You can never fully recharge it, but you can replace one battery with a fully-charged one to start the process again, further recharging the desired battery.

See this video for more information: youtube.com/watch?v=brdmnUBAS00

lmao you're beautiful

>there is good chance of severe injury/death.

There's a really low chance of serious injury or death. I completed the circuit from hot to neutral from my right hand to left hand. Definitely got some current in my heart because I had heart palpatations, irregular heartbeat, and felt like I was going to pass out. I laid down and 15 minutes later I was good. I work with a guy who works on these things live without even trying to not get shocked. He probably gets zapped hundreds of times a year. It's like playing russian roulette with a revolver that has a million round cylinder. Sure don't do it for the fun of it, but it's not that big of a deal.

>there's no reason not to have a RCD in this day and age
Fuckers pop for no reason. It's fucking silly.

>Not an old wive's tale.
You're right it's complete bullshit. An ohm meter doesn't even apply it's full battery voltage to the probes. The only way you're going to stop a heart with a 9V battery is to apply the voltage directly to the heart. Literally put electrodes on the heart and apply 9V. You could jab a probe in each bicep and not feel the current. Measure the resistance of your tongue and then put a 9V on your tongue. Tell me they're the same.