It's 2005 all over again

AMD 64 I remember Intel squandered for a good counter measure. Till AMD fucked it up when core 2 duo came rolling through.

Looking at this shit and all I see is Intel doing what AMD was doing 5 years ago. Trying to throw power and cores in the hopes it'll make everything better.
140w? Why? and an all new chipset?
Is Intel really trying to have an arms race with AMD?

I recently have to begin considering upgrading my system but Ryzen is looking better and better. Going to wait and see what the benchmarks have to say.

come on you fucking eggheads, tell me what you think. I don't think Intel is bankrupt or finished but they dug a pretty big fucking hole.

I have a 1600x system. Auros gaming 5. 3200 corsair system. With updated bios its amazing. Love it.

I was reading that 1700 was a good overall gaming, multi purpose, and pretty much sliced fresh fucking bread.

95w and 8 core 16 threads. I have an 8320 that will bottle neck if I buy a 1080ti

I would agree the 1700 is however. I just game so the 1600x was an easy choice. I got it ocd to 4ghz all cores. Breezes through everything. Will handle the 1080 no dramas

>come on you fucking eggheads, tell me what you think

They did the exact same thing when Athlon began wiping the floor with Pentiums.

They basically never expected the performance that Ryzen actually delivers despite every fucking thing pointing towards that direction. Now they're even more fucked since they went turbo kikes with ridiculous Mobo costs and processors that don't even ship with coolers. Why the FUCK would you drop 2 grand on a processor and then another $400 dollarydoos on a mobo and fucking $200 bucks on watercooling that's still not enough to stop the thermal throttling of A 300 WATT PROCESSOR IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2017

For that 20% extra performance I could literally save my money and buy two fucking pcs with 1800Xs

Holy shit intel you stupid niggers

Intel basically has nothing and AMD came out of nowhere with a new arch that is actually good, Intel headquarters is scrambling right now probably chopping heads trying to figure out what the fuck to do, and the only option they have is to try and use their mindshare and use smoke and mirrors to keep themselves atleast perceptibly equal with AMD until they have a new arch to compete with which is several years away at the very least

You forgot that Intel has no mobile P6 derivative to save them. Its NEW (like, ACTUALLY NEW WHOA INTEL DO IT) arch or they're ded.

Mindshare and smoke&mirrors works not in datacenter.

Came from a 960t to a 1045t then to a 8320. I skipped the 1st run of bulldozer cause of the complete load of shit that rolled out with that chip. I was thinking of getting an Intel 7700k but see ryzen put in that work its restoring my faith in AMD again.

I could never get a clear answer on why Intel charged so fucking much for a fucking chip. 2013 8230 was $145 and the Haskell i7 was 350.

Just buying the name at this point fellas.
It makes sense why they made commercials with that flaming pole stuffer Sheldon. They had to geek thier fucking garbage up.

They have to weather the storm until 2020/2021 and hope their new arch is a slam dunk. If it's shit (lol x86 with some parts removed to "make it go faster") then they will just keep losing marketshare.

>let's chop off parts of x86 to make space of OVERSIZED VECTORS
He-he.

What are your temps? How are you keeping it cool in this heat Fampai?

> Why?
because it is the cheapest and simplest solution for them.
AMD did the same thing, just slap in more cores, boost up the speed as much as you can and hope it competes.

Making a new architecture takes many years, look how long Zen was in the works for.
It's like a giant shit in the ocean, if you want to change direction you need to plan ahead for miles.

Intel very literally spends 2x more on research and development than AMD has in revenue.
Maybe this will spur intel to change and in a few years time we might see another come back the way we saw Core 2 Duo, but again that is gonna be years away at best.

Their enthusiast line up has always cost more, just the way market segmentation works.
Some people are willing to pay a premium to have that extra performance even if value wise it doesn't make sense.
So why would a company just leave that money on the table ? fuck it, make some expensive CPU and let them buy it.

Not like AMD will make threadripper cost under $1,000

Nah I'm sorry I'm not a fanboy but everything pre-Ryzen for the last 7 years has been absolutely shit from AMD. My last AMD desktop processor was the Phenom II 965 BE which was a competitive slugger for the first gen i7 in games and most applications back in the day.

Everything after that has been pure shit from AMD, with the sole exception of the first generation APUs for laptops. Intel was actually behind for ~2 years on that front until their power efficiency pretty much set a new standard for laptop battery life, despite integrated GPU performance still being shit. Meanwhile AMD shit the bed and got completely phased out of the mobile market.

Ryzen is genuinely a new and competitive product for AMD that has Intel reeling for the first time in almost a decade. If I have to buy a new PC, it will definitely be AMD. Not because of some retarded sense of brand loyalty, but because it genuinely is the better product on the market right now.

Core 2 Duo was modified Pentium M. They have no mobile P6 derivative to save them now. It's NEW arch or bust.

I've been waiting for the dust to settle on this.

I've been wanting to replace a couple of white box servers that I have colo'd running i7 Sandy Bridge processors.

They currently host few hundred low traffic sites and E-mail for dumbass pajeets as well as a few VMs (WHMCS/cPanel)

The processors are fine but the 32GB RAM max on both boxes are starting to be hindrance.

Should I just start building a Ryzen box? I think for my workload I think I benefit more from MOAR CORES.

still regret not buying the 1100t and buy the 960t hoping for 2 locked cores.
sold that set up and bought a 1045t and not the 965t.

so many mistakes, bought thr 8320 and noticed little difference. Stopped buying AMD for 4 years, including those shitty 7870 GPUs.

Was getting ready to buy a 7700k till I started to see all this shit about ryzen and sky lake. I'm in disbelief that AMD is ahead for once. This isnt that bull dozer shit, its for reals.

I'm going to get the 1700x Fuck it.

Core is dead, node shrinks just get the power consumption back down to earth. They will release a new architecture in 4 years. Who knows what that will be. Until that time, the only reason to run Intel is for legacy nonsense.

AMD is already working on a new architecture as well. Which should come out one year later than Intels. Meanwhile they are aiming for 10% IPC performance improvements every year for Zen.

Either way, the first RISC-V chip to power X86 applications is ultimately the winner. ARM is the bridge toward that. This is what we should all be hoping for as it is an open source license that can be developed by anyone. Rather than having to buy Intel or AMD.

Threadripper. Huge amounts of I/O on 16 cores undervolted and underclocked means power sipping performance.

Intel is just milking the architecture
AMD just started from scratch instead of bleeding the turnips.

Intel is going to have to make a processor so good that it'll make you wanna slap your mama.

Intel can't make anything but P6 derivatives. All their NEW architectures failed. Horribly. See shitburst and larashit.

So what when wrong at Intel? Is it the diversity, affirmative action hires, or is that just a meme? Is it because they wasted like half a billion on that instead of RnD?

Their actual x86 R&D is barely bigger than AMD's. Money goes to fabs. Also Intel engineers are talentless fucking hacks. Oregon team and Haifa team are competing...
...in adding and removing FIVR.

But isnt it like he age old argument rent vs buy a house? AMD still pays for 'renting' fabs.

Their profit for a quarter has been ten fucking billis for half a decade. You really think 500 milli is anything compared to that?

While investing precisely fuck into node R&D. AMD will have this node for almost free, courtesy of Common Platform Alliance while Intel spends BILLIONS to make their ultra-super-dense (yields be damned, we want margins) 10nm node.

60c in Ryzen master. I live southern hemi so its winter. Using h110i

Don't hold you breath, Intel still have the atom family of miroarchitecture. Zen will be btfo by Intel's modified Goldstein Plus in 2020.

>another line of bricking atoms
Hoo boy prepare for lawsuit from Cisco.

>4c
>112W
>Kabylake-X

OUT OF THEIR GOD DAMN MINDS

oh yeah how did that end up?

Dunno. I guess firing validation teams to compete with ARM was a REALLY bad idea when you're making some mission critical hardware.

1700X (3.9ghz) with asus ROG and 2666 random ass memory I had extra of.
no complaints fucking destroys my 3570K (4.6ghz) and dual E5-2670 server in literally everything (single and multi)

golden colorado, nice place

>madness

unless AMD can swipe up all the OEM deals too Intel is going nowhere
desktop PCs are dying anyway

Well, Dell has a contract with AMD to sell them Threadripper chips for their next line of Alienware rigs (its an exclusivity contract, no other OEMs can sell threadripper rigs), and there's the rumors of Microsoft and a whole bunch of others looking into Epyc.

Pretty sure there's a couple minor contracts for Ryzen to be stuffed into laptops as well. I think AMD is set for now.

The big money is not in desktop OEMs (the profit margins are pretty small) but in the business/corporate space where they want big CPUs for servers.
Ryzen simply being more power efficient is enough, but since it's also much cheaper and you throw in it performing better when scaled to many cores and you basically have complete domination on every single thing that is important to $4000 server CPUs

It's not just about cores. Fucking 128 lanes and 8 memory channels.

>Dell's niche gaming shitbox marquis
>a couple megacorporations who want to custom build
>laptops that AMD has always been a fixture in anyway
wow I bet they're literally shaking right now, how will they ever compete

AMD's certainly good to go but this bunch of non-events certainly isn't spelling the end for the competition

Cold springs, Nevada
Used to have my rig oc at 4.5ghz
kept it in the garage when it was 0° Celsius. Rig never went past 20°C.

>imblying
Shit my man don't you remember that Netburst it's still shelved somewhere?
Tejas was already taped out when it was cancelled
I, for one, welcome the new 600W 50 stage CPU's, extra points for an in-order design that does 10 Ghz base

business/corporate is exactly what I'm talking about, they're certainly going to make some inroads in servers there but there is plenty of room for both in that space just as there always has been

THOU SHALL NOT MENTION THE CURSED NAME OF TEJAS.

dey dug a predy gud hol tho

>Ryzen came out and its a massive technology achievement also praised by reviews
>Multiple threads calling that AMD is a failure in Sup Forums
>New i9 came out and its a piece of shit, even reviews said so, long before the CPU came out
>Sup Forums when silent

I swear to god, Sup Forums always said that those people are just some autist trying to shitpost for bait.
Now I actually believed that intel shiller really are posting in this board, but now they hide because the CPU is such a massive hot, overpriced piece of shit.

>and there's the rumors of Microsoft and a whole bunch of others looking into Epyc
This aren't rumors, MS unveiled the first 2P EBIN mobo custom made by themselves, they're adopting them for Azure usage and are already invested in the platform

You're smoking the shit pipe you moron. You're an AMD faggot so you're selectively not remembering one category of posts.
When ANYTHING is released. ANYTHING, there's shitposting on both sides. Always. And fanboys only remember one side of it.

I never said AMDfags never shitpost.
I only said compare to Ryzen release this is really slow.
So far only two threads with over 100+ replies and other threads with less than 20 replies.

Also not a single thread about how great the i9 is beside the obvious shitpost.
Meanwhile when Ryzen release
>"HAHA WE WON IN GAMING" times 20 threads.

Also this went on for almost three months, I doubt i9 shitposting/discussion threads will last more than two weeks.

yeah cause they'll burn alive in moms basement as soon as it gets fired up

Yeah, AMD doesn't employ shitposters unlike Intel, would be fun if they did but Su hasn't rebuilt the marketing team after obliterating it

>You're an AMD faggot

Also here, another YOU for you.

>Till AMD fucked it up when core 2 duo came rolling through.
you mean "Intel went superjew and fucked them over by offering manufacturers huge discounts if they went Intel-only and not use AMD in any of their machines"

if you're not allowed to make any money, you're not really able to compete with the competition, are you?

if i'm being excruciatingly unbiased or let's face it flat out generous to intel, the 7820x outperforms the 1800x for about $100 more which might make it a better buy than ryzen 7 if you exclude platform costs. but you can't exclude platform costs in reality, and the cost of the motherboard and the cryogenic freezer you'll need to cool the cpu without delidding outways the benefits in clock speed. the 7800x will be obsolete in six months time with coffee lake coming to the consumer grade market. the 10 and 12 core variants are an embarrassment and will be destroyed by threadripper. the rest of the skylake-x lineup won't be out for months and will be worse than ebyn. all in all it's a pretty terrible platform with maybe one cpu that could conceivably be worth considering.

oh for sure the new intel processors are more powerful

but as you said, the cost for the new platform is just obscene. x299 is a joke

maybe if this happened in 2005 when raw CPU performance actually mattered in the mainstream, but now anything is good for 90% of tasks, half of the faggots in these threads that are screaming about jewtel's demise on the desktop over a few percentage points of theoretical performance are just dick wavers, gaymers or home lab posers that have difficulty comprehending the reality that the majority of computers aren't purchased to play children's games at 4K, run hundreds of useless VMs or encode shitty anime all day

>Who needs more cores.
>Pentium G is enough for the next three years.

>1700
>pretty much a sliced fresh fucking bread

yes.
this describes it pretty well. I have mine OC'd to 3.6 stable under volted running cool with the stock cooler. love it with passion.

complacency owing to horrendous mismanagement

>b-but I told myself I NEED a threadripper so obviously everyone else does too
nobody in the mainstream market gives shit about Intel and AMD's latest high-end antics any more than you give a shit about what automaker is winning le mans this year, that's my point, no company is at risk of going under at this point because of a bunch of niche products for gamertards and "prosumers" in a market where the low end has never been more powerful than it is today

what does a validation team do

>where the low end has never been more powerful than it is today
>Buy Pentium G goyim
>It will hold at for couple years goyim.
>Only we care about low end goyim, AMD is too overpriced and got too many cores.

what I said applies to AMD's low end products too, stupid Sup Forums sheep

You forgot the biggest elephant in the room. The R7 1700 with a decent 100-130 USD motherboard which can reach 1800x stock levels with OC 90% of the time.

>Implying R3 exist.
Nice try kike.

Damn, used to live not too far from there. Think I drove through once or twice. Was in Susanville CA for 3 years. Fucking miss the weather and nature there man. Charleston summers are dog shit and nothing but flat pine forest and swamps around here.

You sound angry guy, not been a good day for Intel? Getting laughed out of the room on a 300 fucking watt CPU that throttles on stock clocks encoding video tends to do that. Maybe by the time Intel launches Covfef lake we can see them try to be competitive in the performance per watt and justify their ass reaming prices and paywalled hardware. In any event, good luck on staying employed for the next few years because it only gets uglier from here on out for Intel.

it doesn't have to, I'm not talking about specific products because I'm not a fanboy or shill trying to white knight for a rich kike corporation that doesn't give a shit about me like you are

all I'm doing is stating the reality that your fanboy fantasies are stupid and you should stop jerking off to them because you are an embarrassment to Sup Forums and whatever subreddit you migrated here from

>Talk about how great low end PC are
>The only best low end that exist right now is the Pentium line up where the PCBG also recommend it everyday.
>Not shilling for the only low end that exist right now AKA the Pentium

oy vey! Our i9 is a failure, keep promoting the goyim our other line up.

sounds like you're the angry one if I've already got you reddit spacing and still sputtering about your beloved gamer shit you pay out the ass for because you have nothing else to spend your code monkey salary on

sure whatever, keep missing the point and sputtering about the jew meme to defend AMDaddy even though I never actually attacked them

>I've already got you reddit spacing

what does this even mean desu

>Buy low end goyim
>you don't need that many CPU power and cores anyway.

there's now reason to double enter space on Sup Forums for such a short post that's already differentiated by font color variations anyway, most of the tards who do that shit are straight up reddit migrants who only come here to post garbage that would get them banned on r/technology

still missing the point you dumb street shitter

so he pressed enter and that means he's angry? bit of a stretch tbqh

he's showing his true colors my man

>Missing the point
>When no other option to buy great low end CPU beside intel Pentium one.

Is this reddit?

Who said anything about gamer shit but your crybaby temper tantrum? People are talking about the affordable computing power they are now able to have access too that doesn't require a small business loan to get. I know you are emotionally hurting that today is not your day. That you don't get to rub people's faces in that Intel superiority, and have to suffer through the smug contempt of AMD owners have for Intel. But really, all you are mad at is people acknowledging superior hardware. That is a considerable emotional investment in to a company like Intel. Don't worry though, you won't have to endure this for much longer than 4 years. If you need to talk, consider killing yourself first.

still not getting it, it's pretty understandable I guess since half of your activity on this board is probably just begging the hivemind to tell you what to buy next since you can't think on your own

oh i'm laughing

don't get upset that intel can't pull the same anti-consumer manufacturer exclusivity bullshit they pulled in the mid 2000's and pretend to be the better company despite not actually innovating

you also miss the point because you think we're debating about which brand is better at making gamer shit because it's literally all you know how to post about here

>tell you what to buy next since you can't think on your own
Don't worry, I'm sure won't listen to people who told me to buy a $60 dual core low end CPU

They blew their monopoly wad too soon. So much for Intel having tons of ideas sitting on shelves waiting for a competitive AMD to blow them out of the water.

that's good, /pcbg/ sounds like a bunch of faggots, but you're still a dumb ape thus far because nobody is actually trying to sell you something

oh thought that was a colorado license plate

for some reason I didn't quote

>nobody is actually trying to sell you something
> where the low end has never been more powerful than it is today
>b-buy low end goyim.

Hotter than my old i5 760, and that bitch got real hot.

smack it upside the head and say "don't get hot with me, young man! i'll bring your father into this!"

>960t
>7870
Was your 7870 an still version?

I meant XT version

>tfw its time to upgrade my 955 after skipping FX

AVX1024 when? I'm sure a lot of people need it

>Not like AMD will make threadripper cost under $1,000
It won't go above 1200~1300