SJWs have taken over Youtube

Google outlines four new steps it will employ to tackle extremist content

medianama.com/2017/06/223-google-extremist-content/

pic:unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1293_1o13.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even if a video doesn’t clearly violate Google’s content policies, but contains “inflammatory religious or supremacist content”, it will henceforth “appear behind an interstitial warning.” Such content will also not be eligible for monetization, recommendations, and comments and user endorsements. This will ensure that such videos have limited engagement and are that much harder to find.

What did they mean by this?

>Note that earlier this month, YouTube updated its advertising policy for content creators to prevent content with hate messages or discrimination of any type from featuring ads and monetizing the content.

Well I think content creators with just need to hustle for sponsors.
More "networks" will get them to sign bullshit contracts just to get access to their ad network
and patreon with be the only option.

well, since ISIS is basically Islamic West-Asian supremacists....

why do white people have such a hard time eating spicy food?

my white friends tell me that ketchup and cinnamon are too spicy for them.

Was going to post that as well. Not even comments? For what purpose? What if someone wants to post a comment refuting the points of the video? I realize youtube comment threads are usually awful but why actively discourage additional dialogue between people, especially in response to videos where it may be most useful?

Don't kid yourself, feminists will never talk shit against Islam

>ketchup
>too spicy

Why are you watching “inflammatory religious or supremacist content?”

>nigger thinks whitey can't handle spice
>meanwhile I'm dousing hotdogs and chicken wings in 500000 scoville hotsauce

>Google does something in response to a leftist extremist shooting congressmen
>conservative snowflakes still think trying to discourage extremism is targeting them

> (OP)
>why do white people have such a hard time eating spicy food?
>my white friends tell me that ketchup and cinnamon are too spicy for them.

>....#1 on trending
>20 million views

>Third, we will be taking a tougher stance on videos that do not clearly violate our policies — for example, videos that contain inflammatory religious or supremacist content. In future these will appear behind an interstitial warning and they will not be monetised, recommended or eligible for comments or user endorsements. That means these videos will have less engagement and be harder to find. We think this strikes the right balance between free expression and access to information without promoting extremely offensive viewpoints.
aka "sure you can speak, but we're going to make damn sure no one can hear you"

>Finally, YouTube will expand its role in counter-radicalisation efforts. Building on our successful Creators for Change programme promoting YouTube voices against hate and radicalisation, we are working with Jigsaw to implement the “Redirect Method” more broadly across Europe. This promising approach harnesses the power of targeted online advertising to reach potential Isis recruits, and redirects them towards anti-terrorist videos that can change their minds about joining. In previous deployments of this system, potential recruits have clicked through on the ads at an unusually high rate, and watched over half a million minutes of video content that debunks terrorist recruiting messages.
This is some 1984 shit

This was posted to the Europe and Asia Google blog. it has nothing to do with events in the US.

It affects all of YouTube, and American politics dominates the globe. Google is doing this to go after leftist terrorists.

No, it's coming from europe, whose laws are way more restrictive than the US (where the supreme court unanimously confirmed today that hate speech is protected speech). Hence why they're doubling down on removing said hate speech. It's also why they're focusing so much on Islamic radicalization in the blog post - Europe kind of has a fairly major issue with that at the moment in case you haven't noticed.

>google-extremist-content/
>think we can finally get all the feminist shit taken down because of its extremist views
>realise they will make an exception for this

The Supreme Court ruled that sex offenders have the right to use social media that children frequent. You're just making shit up. Google is tough on leftists. Channels like Maoist Rebel News are constantly complaining that they get demonetised and have to beg for money on Patreon.

The supreme court ruled that trademarks could not be denied due to names being offensive, and specifically stated in the decision that there is no constitutional basis for restricting hate speech

supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1293_1o13.pdf

And my mistake, it was apparently yesterday that the ruling was issued, it didn't hit the news cycle until today

>SJWs have taken over Youtube
>Youtube has been owned by Google for years
ur a little l8

freedom of speech dosen't allow you to verbally hurt others anymore

thats how it is abused nowadays, everything you say has to offend them

That's the European definition of it and the college campus definition.

Thankfully the US justice system hasn't bought into that bullshit yet.

Because Google has and currently does define broad swaths of "acceptable" content as "inflammatory" because of their algorithms and incompetence. WW2 history was obviously hit hard by this, so is any philosophy that discusses religion.

>Leftists claim X
>You believe X
They're fully monetized but if they can lie to beg for patreon money...

Yes, it literally does. Stop living in a dictatorship. I'd hazard a guess that Google is going to have some trouble because the Supreme Court just created an implicit right to social media.

>waaah why is a private company deciding what I host on their platform that's provided free-of-charge

Upload on liveleak you fags.

>Everything that I don't agree with hurts me on a personally level

>coexist bumper sticker
>says "christians should all fucking die"

True, but the grey area is where people have used speech as a grounds for racial hate. You can say mean things all you want but if the driving factor is determined to be based on a belief system or racial or ethnicity then you're out of luck. So what do they do? Make everything circle back to that. The loophole will continue to get larger until it is closed or clearly defined.

How SJWs feel about 'hate speech' is how iran feels about blaspheming their religion.

It's the same shit. You draw muhammed in SJW land and the worst you can expect is an angry muslim. You draw something the SJWs don't like (like economic security for while males) and you're charged with hate speech and imprisoned.

No wonder they think Islam is the jam

Many European nations allow verbally hurtful speech, or at least the punishment is so low few care.

What is usually not allowed is discrimination or inciting hatred based on ethnicity, gender, religion or such.

Because its capsicum is not native to us? Besides, a German can kick any spics butt in a spicy food eating contest

>sjw's

get a life or some friends wtf? u guys are nerds lol

i eat cayanne peppers whole, and i make salsa with a carolina reaper in it sometimes and im a white dude. your white friends are fucking pussies

I only came for the sauce, that's some delicious shit you posted.

As for Youtube, they're just shooting themselves in their feet. Let's see how many people will migrate to other websites the more retarded Google gets.

>the goyim know
>shut it down

jewgle doesn't want dissent NIR dialogue

Authoritarians are bad no matter what flag they're wrapped in, be it a rainbow flag or a swastika.

It took me quite a while to decipher that tweet. It's like another dialect of English. What the fuck man.

Are they aware that SJW is extremism?

all major religions should fucking die

>extremist feminist
All those feminist shootings and suicide bombings happening all the time are just the worst

It is.

Your white friends are almost assuredly the same milquetoast obsequious faglords we despise too.

t. racist white supremacisst misogynist homophobe nazi alt-right science denier meanie

It means that anything that insults Islam will be punished, but Muslims will carry on as usual with their hate speeches without bother.