Brexit Sensitivity Index

S&P has made the Brexit Sensitivity Index, to show which countries will be the most affected if Britain leaves the EU.
They base their analysis on 4 parameters: export to the UK, financial relations, investments and migration.

express.co.uk/news/politics/679860/Brexit-which-country-to-lose-if-Britain-leaves-EU-referendum-2016-economy-migration

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/07/eurozone-beats-growth-expectations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

spain will turn in more shit

>Latvia and Lithuania most effected because of immigration

Lol

is portugal unchanged in all of this?

We're so independent that we don't even chart.

>not on the list
I can safely enjoy this happening from the sidelines

>CDN
>N
What did S&P mean by this?

>most affected by migration
But we won't. Our agreement has existed since like 1923, we can move there whenever we want, and vice versa

t. Paddy

They forgot Poland

off the charts

*it went

what a shitty chart

are those variations on an index, base 100?

>"what a shitty chart"
>"I know better than S&P"

the news agency made that chart u dumb shit

S&P data( complete with units of fucking measure) are in the article

this is why I linked the article, I couldn't post the whole data.

Did they factor in the possibility of NL getting the rights to Euro forex trading? Because that'd be a pretty big boost to our GDP.

Amsterdam has the best infrastructure for it, but ye maybe bigger countries will try to snag it. Trading on top of the European servers is breddy low ping though.

Great Britain doesn't have the Euro

no but they receive ALL the revenue from Euro forex trading.

>top 5, excluding a former subject of the UK, are all the European equivalent of kikes

noice

ehm ehm GERMANY ehm ehm

>Germany is barely affected
REEEEEE THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I WAS GOING TO VOTE LEAVE REEEEEE

you western financekikes can't harm our continental industrial might

infrastructure is pretty shitty compared to Amsterdam but ye probably

Us leaving would make the Germans more powerful in what remains of the EU.

We're starting to close the gap to them in economy size and population size, we're going to be the top European economy, we're getting MORE influential each passing year, we'd be fucking mad to leave now.

You need the EU, the EU doesn't need you

You were supposed to be the counterweight to Germany in the EU. It´s a shame it didn´t happen.

I wish UK leaves the EU, OP shows it won'thave any bad consequence for us, only good.

>You need the EU
We BENEFIT from the EU but we don't NEED it to survive.

But I want what's best for the UK so obviously I want to remain in the EU, to support our economy and boost British influence on the continent and in the world.

Frankly I don't believe the EU will exist in its current form for much longer, but I want us to be INSIDE when it breaks up, I want us to be at the table to influence the aftermath.

>You were supposed to be the counterweight to Germany in the EU

We were supposed to be the counterweight to France. Which we were/are. The EU became crazily pro-free market since the UK joined which is good for us. We agree with the Germans on most aspects of EU policy (such as economic stuff) but we disagree with them on integration, defence etc.

Does an EU army exist? No
Is there any prospect of that happening? No.

Why is that? British influence.

>increaing pop size by importing poos

That's your downfall.

Was in London last week and holy shit. I have barely seen any white people. Only poos, they were nice though. Better choice then our turks. At least our migrants are dumb desu.

>At least our migrants are dumb desu.

Our non-EU migrants have to be skilled to emigrate here. Why would you want more UNskilled labour? We get plenty of that from the EU.

>That's your downfall.
Our population size is increasing faster for several reasons not just immigration. E.g., our fertility rate is higher than yours (especially in areas without many immigrants), and you have a lot more old people relative to young people compared to Britain, so more people dying off in the next few decades.

Please leave

I actually really appreciate the euro scepsis that Great Britain brings. It´s a shame that you aren´t at the same time helping to together make the EU a better institute.
I think Britain receives more from the EU in the form of having the financial capital, forex trading, than that the EU is asking of you (which is even less after Cameron struck a deal about some pretty big issues other European countries are pretty jealous about)
I think the EU will survive, although severely weakened, but I´d rather have you in here.
I unironically believe that we´re stronger together.

you are vastly overestimating your country's influence over the EU.
A european army will never be made because nobody but some bureucrat in Brussels wants it.

>It´s a shame that you aren´t at the same time helping to together make the EU a better institute.

You have to understand the British mindset and the EU's founding principles. Our big mistake was not being there when the proto-EU was created by France/Germany. So while we have achieved some change in the direction we wanted (Single Market only happened because of Britain), it's a long-term process and "better" means something different depending on which country you ask. The British idea of "better", a looser union based mostly on trading and not much pooling of sovereignty, doesn't sound good to some governments

Also the British mindset is to be suspicious of any force trying to unite the Continent, this is due to several hundred years of history and it makes us natural Eurosceptics. Even many Remainers like me consider ourselves Eurosceptics. For example, I am happy to be in the EU only because we have opt-outs on the Euro, Schengen and so on

>I unironically believe that we´re stronger together.
Of course we are, it's just when people think about what "together" means, then the arguments begin

>we're going to be the top European economy
lol he's still obsessing over this

theguardian.com/business/2016/jun/07/eurozone-beats-growth-expectations

>CDN
Cadana?

>you are vastly overestimating your country's influence over the EU.
No I'm not, look up the Single European Act (1986). The British influence on that was massive. It was pretty much written by British civil servants.

>A european army will never be made because nobody but some bureucrat in Brussels wants it.
You don't understand the EU.

Things don't happen in the EU because bureaucrats want them. The bureaucrats don't have real power. Things happen when the nation states want them.

Germany is pushing for an EU Army, along with a selection of smaller countries. This is because Germany has a weak military and no political will to use military force due to history. They don't have much to lose.

British military power, on the other hand, actually means something and it's one of only two credible militaries in the EU.

>lol he's still obsessing over this
Just stating the obvious Hans

Your article is only about one quarter of growth. Look at the trend. Also look at the Eurozone's structural problems which don't apply to the UK. You can't control your money supply, your banks are hostage to Super Mario at the ECB, ours are not.

You mean the trend which keeps changing? If you looked at the trend 4 years ago the UK was way behind, had a growth MUCH smaller.

>You mean the trend which keeps changing?
No, I mean this trend that begun in the early 80s and has continued to the present day, and shows every sign of continuing. See pic.

>If you looked at the trend 4 years ago the UK was way behind, had a growth MUCH smaller.
4 years ago we were recovering from a recession which hit us much harder, partly because the Eurozone kicked the can down the road instead of dealing with its problems straight away. The peripheral countries with all the severe economic problems? Those chickens will come home to roost, indeed they already are.

Here's another chart showing the long-term trend

>m-muh sovereignty
>literally already lives in a union of 4 countries

I believe the main function of the EU is the economic trading union, but the political block makes a good second. Currently, NL is urging the EU to form a block against the pharmaceutical industry, so they don´t become too powerful. Other organizations such as Google also can only be dealt with if we work together. Undercutting eachother on tax for multi-nationals doesn´t benefit the countries.

We have a few politicians we send to Brussels that are actually competent, such as Neelie Kroes. Timmermans also seems to be pushing through much needed reform, if rather agressively.

But yes you´re right, France and Germany´s self-prescribed domination over other countries in the EU is something that doesn´t at all benefit the member nations. At the present they can barely even keep their own country together, and I´m very much against especially Germany´s love for unnecessary risks, expecting others to just go along while much-needed debate should have happened between the nations.

I´d be in favor of a cooperation agreement between the Benelux and UK to counter these one-nation or Germany/France decisions. But we´ll need to send better politicians there.
NL probably had the greatest economic empire, whereas Great Britain probably had the greatest and stable political empire. The potential to together make the EU into something great is there.
Anything is better than what Germany and France are doing right now at least.

Ireland will benefit enormously from Brexit.
All of those multinationals who have their EU headquarters in Britain will hop and skip over to Dublin.

Not to mention that Ireland has a dense web of free trade agreements with Britain that sit outside of the EU structure, so anybody who want to continue having free trade with Britain can use us as a conduit.

What did google mean by this?

>organizations such as Google also can only be dealt with if we work together. Undercutting eachother on tax for multi-nationals doesn´t benefit the countries.
Yeah I agree with that. I'm a big fan of how we form trade agreements with the likes of the USA, China, India as a bloc rather than on our own. Also going against the multinationals as a bloc is effective.

>We have a few politicians we send to Brussels that are actually competent
We don't, unfortunately. Our talented politicians want to be where the power is - Westminster.

>I´d be in favor of a cooperation agreement between the Benelux and UK to counter these one-nation or Germany/France decisions.
There is strong cooperation between the UK and the Netherlands, the Nordics and the Eastern European countries. All of these places share a degree of Eurosceptisism and/or a dislike of protectionism (Dutch, Nordics) or suspicious of potential superstates (Eastern Euros)