/spg/ - Smartphone General - OP5 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
OnePlus 5 goes official with Snapdragon 835 and dual camera
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5_unveiled_premium_dual_camera_photography_better_hardware_all_round-news-25709.php

OnePlus 5 review
gsmarena.com/oneplus_5-review-1623.php

Oneplus 5 review: the me-too phone
theverge.com/2017/6/20/15820802/oneplus-5-review-one-plus-phone

OnePlus 5 review: Making the leap from good to great
engadget.com/2017/06/20/oneplus-5-review/

OnePlus 5 review | The Verge
youtube.com/watch?v=995M3VOGhYs

OnePlus 5 – Running out of Ideas?
youtube.com/watch?v=hNSsEEz2Mes

OnePlus 5 Review: The iPhone for Android Fans
youtube.com/watch?v=VEz7u8S3kFw

OnePlus 5 | Review | Engadget
youtube.com/watch?v=2U28Ggaax4o

---------------------------------------------------------
Snapdragon 450 in the works, apparently related to the S625
gsmarena.com/snapdragon_450_in_the_works_apparently_related_to_the_s625-news-25714.php

YotaPhone 3 will start at $350, company confirms
gsmarena.com/yotaphone_3_will_start_at_350_company_confirms-news-25671.php

old

>round corners
dropped

Fuck off pajeet

What the fuck, I'm actually getting sold on the BlackBerry KEYOne

Any users here? Have any experience? Pros and cons? Annoyances? Surprises?

The phone just looks like a good old boy doing his best to me

Yes

Thinking about the same thing.
The mi6 is cheaper, and seems better in every way other than the screen size and headphone jack.
I think it'll get even cheaper this month, since the phone should start shipping globally soon.

I hear people praising the OP5 and people bashing it.

I don't know who to trust. I just want a good phone. One that's preferably better than OP3T

the OP5 is marginally better than the OP3T. see the price point

The screen falls off if you look at it

Android fags are BTFO once again. Another Android OEM taking the jewish path, flagship killer my ass.

>design is boring
>fuckhuge bezels
>screen has low resolution for today's standards
>rear cameras don't have OIS
>no IP certification
>no removable battery
>no SD card slot
>smaller battery capacity than OP3T
>$479/€499 for the 6GB RAM 64GB memory
>$539/€559 for the 8GB RAM 128GB memory

I'm so deeply disappointed Sup Forums. It's not bad, but it feels mediocre compared to other flagships: on my national Amazon I was able to find the 64GB Galaxy S8 at €579 and the 32GB LG G6 at €469 (which can both accept microSD cards).

>2017
>1080p 5.5" screen

The price of the OP5 is waaay to much for those specs and build quality. It looks like a phone from 2014 with those bezels minus the dual camera. Nothing special. OP are too mainstream now to go back either.

Samsung s8 for $430 dollars with a phone trade in or OnePlus 5 for the 64gb model?? I need an upgrade

£510 for the basic version on O2 in the UK. What a disappointment this turned out to be. Too expensive for what is now a shit iphone clone :l

ight spg i need a new phone. ive narrowed it down to 2, help me pick. relevant info i use a macbook for actual work ie not pretending linux is useful jej

>nexus 6p
pro:
no cellular jews (project fi)
decent screen
usb c
con:
stinky poopoo android

>iphone se
pro:
superior ios
applel sync
imessage
con:
tiny babby screen
cellular jews

i really hate android but i really hate jews as well so should i just go ahead and lube my ass or what

S8 still has the Touchwiz lag and no headphone jack

>Never settle
unless you want to buy accessories

OP hasn't had the Dash car charger for months. Also the longest cable they sell is 150cm. If you get a third party USB cable, you don't get Dash charging.

Oneplus 5. S8 is great hardware ruined by shitty software.

The s8 of course, use your brain, it's better in all the important ways and cheaper

Pass on the OnePlus 5, really not worth it, S8, LG G6 (inb4 bootloop) or wait for next Pixel.

Blame Brexit for that

Why would you not just go for iPhone 6S over the SE?

LG G6 is also selling for around the same price as OP5 on Ebay.

>not pretending that Linux is useful
please do the needful and delet

US here. The whole house is transferring to T-Mobile and we're all getting new phones. Using an iPhone 6 now, there really isn't anything I wish it did that it doesn't. Just more storage space, and an even better camera would be nice too.

I'm not attached to iOS at all, however I'm concerned about Apple's shitty iMessage transferring fiasco, which they haven't fixed yet as far as I know. On the other hand, I really don't want to give up an audio jack

All in all I'm looking for
-T-Mobile
-fast
-not too big
-good camera
-headphone jack

The KEYOne caught my eye but T-Mobile doesn't offer it, unfortunately. If all else fails I'm just going to go with an iPhone 6S. What do, Sup Forums?

How long will we have to wait before we can flash TWRP and Root the Oneplus 5?

>S8 still has the Touchwiz lag
Old meme, but yeah, I wouldn't get another Samsung too.
>no headphone jack
You're wrong, but it doesn't matter S8 is shit for other reasons.

OP5 price will surely decrease in time right? For 500 bucks xiaomeme 6 and even s7 are better

first time i'm on the hype train for a phone, this can only end in tears

S8 is almost twice as expensive as OP5. Redpill me on what would justify buying an S8 instead of OP5?

>iOS
>superior
You must be retarded. Android is far better than iOS.

>cheating benchmark and making custom rom for review units
>cheap looking iPhone 7+
>no customer support
>chinese backdoors

wait for the op5 limited edition 1 month before they release the op6

The price won't decrease but I disagree that the S7 is better. My brother has it and it's very laggy after only 4 months. Even swiping from one app page to the next is clunky

Because the S8 isn't more expensive right now if you're in the U.S. $100off for ~$650 then $200 with a trade in for ~$450

burgerlord here

was hyped for OP5 but I see everybody bashing it. Are they bashing it whilst taking into account the price? It is still significantly cheaper than any other high end phone, isn't it?

If I'm looking for a GOOD phone without going anywhere near 1k, what are my options?

T-Mobile has a BOGO deal for LG G6, V20 and S8/S8+

dollars and euros are worth less than £ still, so OP are just dicks + we havent left yet

i lack the fiat currency for such a purchase rn

do you enjoy your lack of friends

>not flashing a custom rom

>cheaper is better
enjoy when they kill it like the op2
>chinese support
>they want x1.5 cost of the phone to repair it
hahaha

i fucking love my Nexus 6P

how can i love it more bros

Within days most likely, kernel sources were already released by OP

the nexus is like an iPhone and a lg together.
bend phone + bootloop at a lower price than both of them

>price
What has OnePlus got if it hasnt got its low price?

Okay so what's the word on google fi and the Nexus 5x. Is this a good phone or should I just go straight to the 6p. I don't want to buy the pixel. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome phone but I just don't have the money.

Is google fi a great plan?

When you compared it to the 3T such a price hike is not warranted.

Alright guys, you've convinced me. Where do I get an early access code if I missed the stream?

I've had the OP3 since it came out and have never had ANY problems with it

a big reason why I got it is because it had comparable specs to the current flagship phones for roughly half the price, and it didn't come loaded with bloatware.

Assuming somebody will never have any damage or software issue with their phone and need to contact support, is OP still the best bang for my buck?

Whats it like writing for the guardian?

Nexus 6P has hardware problems such as bootloops and early shutdown issue, and the SD810 in it is known to overheat

Clearer Photos is the code

>Oneplus5 does not have an extendable micro sd slot
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

One has SD835 and the other has a SD821

Thanks, I thought it was a unique code for everyone.

Now I'm thinking twice if I should actually order it

>rip OP5 users
No srsly who thought that was a good idea?

I will definitely root and install lineageos instead of using the piece of shit touchjizz is

Are you new or something?
No Oneplus phone has ever had removable backs or expandable storage.
You can get it in 128gb if you're that worried about space.

the s8 would be perfect if it didn't have that disgusting curved screen

I ordered it and don't regret it so far, looking at the reviews. Then again, I've had a Oneplus One since launch. Your mileage may vary.

Yeah its dissapointing that it looks identical to an iphone.

I don't really get the bezel complaint, you need room at the bottom for buttons and a fingerprint reader (if you have it at the front) and you need some kind of bezel at the top for front camera and it looks more aesthetic if they are a similar size rather than completely different.

The IP certification is annoying but id rather have a headphone jack, and they could have put a removable battery but the dash charge does make up for it somewhat.

SD card is a bit redundant with 64gb/128gb options really.

And you can't complain about screen on time and battery and resolution, its a compromise between them and IMO leaning towards a worse screen to get a better battery life is pretty shit.

I feel like this is an incredibly good phone if i am honest and personally fits all the requirements of an android user.

Can't attest to 5x, but I currently have fi+6P. Works fine for me, pricing is good ($20 for unlimited text/voice and $10/GB used), and coverage is really good too (because it uses both Sprint and T-Mobile towers). The only reason for why it might not be a good deal to some people is if you constantly are away from Wi-Fi and need to use a fuckton of data.

i did have a bootloop but that was my fault for running a beta version of nougat

i'm pretty happy with it though, sorry that it failed you user

Patiently waiting for the Essential Phone to launch so I can decide if I'm getting a new phone soon or just waiting until Pixel 2.

Both the Nexus 5X and 6P have bootloop issues

My brother doesn't care enough to learn how to flash a custom rom, and shouldn't need to for a phone that was $700ish not too long ago. Your second point kinda goes against what you said about Samsung. What does a lack of support matter when you can just flash a custom rom

OP5 = poor autiststic S8 clone

Be prepared for a downgrade in camera quality, Samsung's camera code is proprietary so custom ROMs cannot use it.

meh, i had the early shutdown issue (happened last february), google sent me a brand new nexus 6P, i confirmed that it worked, and then sent them my old one. No problems since. My friend encountered this issue twice (first time last september, second time a month ago), and google sent him a brand new phone twice.

No, but I expected it to at least put that in the list of improvements. It is ridiculous that phones don't have an extendable micro sd storage these days.

same boat, brother.

I had the OPO since launch, recently the back cover broke though, and the goldplate antenna is interrupted. Can't buy those swapcover things anymore, anywhere; so I really need a new phone..

What exactly does it clone from the S8, they're totally different

So that the OP5 crashed and burned what phone should I get? The S8?

reeeeee one plus copy apple some more I need a back cover that holds my cards

Bumping new thread, need an android or chinkphone, €150 max

I'm all for the most features possible, don't get me wrong, but there's no perfect phone. I don't put too much value on Micro SD, but if you do, that's fine, just don't get it. There's plenty of other phones.

Whelp, guess I am getting the S8. That bezel is shit.

Looked up more stuff. Current phone is an LG G3 with a fucked display so I want to get a new phone for max 170€.
I'd like to have a not too big and fast working phone with a good battery. Don't care about the camera or its design.
Check this

>Which one should I get?
Lenovo Moto G4 Play for 130€
Huawei Honor 5C for 159€
Huawei P8 Lite 148€

Another loli with tanlines for you.

stop being fucking poor loser

Redmi Note 4 Global

I was ready to buy today but I'm pretty disappointed with the OP5 from what I read in the reviews. I'm tired of my dying s4 but I want to replace it with something I can look forward to

new nokia phone WHEN

>gross ass camera cutout in the screen

>OnePlus is about offering a flagship phone at a lower price
>4 generations later
>Literally more expensive than an iPhone now
Nice brand development.

Costs around €200 here my man

What do you want out of a phone

Help me /spg/

I want the Oneplus 5 but it looks too close to an iPhone and I don't want to look like a poverty fag

Fuck
Why is it so hard to find a good phone which can be installed xposed and custom rom without being fucked in hardware related aspects

Order it from the chinks

Yeah how much were new iPhones again

But it has a unique wide angle camera, 2k screen, micro sd card slot, ip68 etc etc.

my Sony Xperia Z1 compact is falling apart.
what's a good flagship model with the same size? I don't want to go any bigger

>and I don't want to look like a poverty fag
that's why they upped the price sweetie x

Who cares.

Then don't get it. What other answer are you looking for?

?

>it works for me
good
let’s hope it stays that way unless you want to flirt with a chinese lady on the phone

Buy another phone like g6
Also if you buy a chinkphone you already look poverty tbqhwuf

Where can I get a new iPhone 7 for less than 500€?

>3.5 jack
>Extendable micro sd slot
>SnapDragon 835 or similar
I don't give a fuck about the camera. I still am lugging around an s3 so I just want a new gen one. Money is not a problem.

>Buying phones for fashion value instead of performance
Literally cancer