Other urls found in this thread:

sven-ola.commando.de/repo/debian-kit-en.html
amazon.com/Kingwin-Switch-Switches-5-25-Inch-HDD-PS6/dp/B00TZR3E70
gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500_galaxy_5-3371.php
pcpartpicker.com/list/BPp77h
amazon.com/dp/B018XNGQOE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stupid question coming in:
I bought a new LED TV and it has a slight coil whine.
It can be barely heard when you sit in front of it and the room is completely silent.
Is this normal and if not, should I be worried?
Right now I don't feel like returning it, since it isn't really an issue

How do I prevent a program from coming up in UserAssistView
important

How do I get this stupid fucking clasp down?

slide it a bit up or down then press down.

how can i get firefox to remember my style cookies for Sup Forums only?

Thanks friend, required a stupid amount of force but it clicked in.

Does any reputable company make a bdxl burner in laptop form factor?

What does Skype do different so that the video and sound quality is so smooth and good compared to other solutions like Jitsi/XMPP?
It's the same hardware on the same internet connection with the same people. Why is it so different?

Different protocols
Different codecs

What's Sup Forums's anti telemetry application of choice for Windows 10?

Linux

Here's a tough one for you:

My PC crashed a couple of days ago and I couldn't get it to reach the windows login page, it'd just go black screen on me. Today I finally just reinstalled windows. Everything was fine until I installed a bunch of drivers and restarted. Suddenly I got the same problem, black screen where there should be a login sreen. So I reinstall again. This time I restart it a few times, just to make sure it does boot properly anyway, and then I install ONLY the graphics driver. It doesn't restart again, it says Starting Windows (7) and then goes back to the same black screen.

What does it all mean?

Try A Linux USB.

Do you have a IGPU? or are you using a dedicated card?

your gpu driver is fucked

is it safe to merge all those empty partitions and format the drive before installing windows?

I don't want to lose the digital license and have to pay for/pirate windows for no reason. How do I do a complete wipe and windows installation without losing the license + important drivers to make the hardware work.

I have a Radeon R9 270X. If the Linux USB also fails to boot, what could that mean? Because when I was trying to fix the PC originally I couldn't launch any live Linux distros.

Your GPU is fucked probably.
Or the driver you are installing is a wrong one and fucks with windows boot.

I apologize for asking here but what's a bitcoin seeder?

So I bought this pretty cool old laptop, but the screen is pretty yellowish. I'm almost 100% sure that it is not how they came from the factory. It's also not the cable or the connector because I've tried bending it in every way possible and it didn't do anything.
So what could be the cause of this and is there anything I can do to make it better?

If the GPU was fucked wouldn't it not display graphics at all? That's the bit that confuses me. Although that was crash was in 30 degree temperatures while I watching youtube videos, while I was playing a game desu. It wouldn't surprise me if the heat got to it.

Windows + X --> Settings --> Type "Reset this PC"

No, a Damaged GPU has problems working, will randomly fail or show lines/dots on the screen.

30°C is nothing for a GPU, 80°C+ is.

How old? if it uses a CFL backlight then that is the problem.

bought this Asus X75VD 3.5 years ago, but haven't used it at all almost a year, so it's been used for 2.5 years. I swapped the disc drive for a caddy with 128GB 850EVO and added 4GB RAM

It's 17.3" 1600x900 with an i5-3210M and GT610M, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD and 128GB HDD. The battery is dead.

I paid €599 for the laptop, €95 for the ssd and caddy and €20 for the ram, totaling about €720.

now i want to sell it because it build a gut pc last year, but it's very hard to find the right price. models go all over the place and the demand for older consumer laptops (no apple or business) seems to be low.

apart from the battery, the laptop works 100%, what would be a good price?

It's a Dell M1210. Not sure about the backlight it uses.

75-80% of the original price to someone that doesnt know anything about PCs.
Since it uses a SSD they will see it too fast and will want it.

The problem is looking for someone that wants a laptop and will pay that much.

No I mean ambient temperatures were 30 centigrade and the last thing I saw on the temperature monitors before it crashed were quite bloody high so that's probably what did it in. It's just weird that installing the driver is the ultimate fail state though I guess it makes sense as it would go from using minimal-capabilities to using everything it can.

How are you installing the drivers?

What is the name of that program that lists incoming/outgoing traffic and lets you block/deny them? I think it has the word 'shark' in the name but can't remember.

Related but not exactly the same, whats the name of the program that 'fixes' the privacy stuff in windows 10 (I'm aware it's probably placebo, but still would like to take a look at it)?

Which version of windows?

I had multiple ads online for €450 for about two months with only terrible €200 bids.
Now replaced it with €400, still nothing for a month, now did €350 and got an €330 offer.

€330 seems really fucking low to me. The screen may be shit, but you can use HDMI and have it plugged in and basically use it as a desktop. Boot times on W10 is almost instant.

What prices are regular, not specifically for someone that doesn't know shit about pc's?

Its because nobody will spend so much in a laptop when you can get better and cheaper trough internet, but that is what your laptop is worth (€+-450~475).

Everyone will go for something reliable and cheaper like a Thinkpad.
T430 is the equivalent of your laptop (except it doesn't have a GPU) and is $250.

You have to bite the bullet when you sell used electronics,unless there is a very high demand for them,which in this case, is not

netlimiter to block / limit traffic by program.
'wireshark' is for displaying packets

Where are you selling this thing? I've met a surprising number of people who don't understand you need killer feedback to sell big ticket items most places. Anyway I don't think you're going to get anything near what you want, especially with the dead battery. I would be surprised if you got much north of that €200 line.

Downloading the drivers directly from the AMD website. I had old drivers when it first died because the newest drivers made it so that some games didn't recognise the GPU as a GPU.

>amd

I'm installing the latest now with all the accouterments that come with them.

anyone else make a ryzen build?

Best drivers update soft?

Sup Forums I must be stupid

If I write a makefile, and it is/should be executed with sudo make install

How do I make sure that the config is actually written to $USER/.config/program and not /root/.config/program.

The search terms I come up with are so generic that I get loads of results but never the right question

you dont build with root

No, I'm not doing that, that's done with make.
Make install is just copying shit to /usr/local/meh for which it needs root access.
That's the traditional way afaik

no

Care to explain what I'm missing here?

Looks like 10 to me.

If its not broken dont fix it.

Adwcleaner.
Check her startup list.

I want to convert an old android to a seedbox. How would I go about doing this?
I thought something like sven-ola.commando.de/repo/debian-kit-en.html but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Sup Forums, I'm looking for a red LED strip or RGB. Please recommend one that does;

Use magnets, preferably
Under $20
1-2 meters in length
Uses sata connection

Does this exist? I've searched for fucking hours and all I can find is a phanteks one that only fits their cases. I don't have any open 3 or 4 pin connectors on my MOBO

>3 or 4 pin connectors
daisy chain you millennial piece of shit

sudo make install

This runs make install as root. Which means ${HOME} is /root. What you are asking for help doing is very bad practice for using make. You could add a userconfig rule which copies the file to the current users home dir with correct permissions. You shouldn't install user level config files in a generic install rule. Users are usually expected to manage their own config files.

If you absolutely have to do this you could use the $LOGNAME variable to find the directory of the user who used sudo. Your Makefile will be Pajeet level trash if you do this.

booting arch from a flash drive displays pic related. the cli works, but obviously I can't read it. what do?

Should I use Decentraleyes if I'm already using uMatrix?

Yes,they do different things

I've been hired as a junior programmer. I am afraid that I won't know what to do once I receive a task to do.
Is there anything I can do to prepare?

I tried using them together and they were conflicting with each other on some sites.

Is it bad at all to leave an SSD left plugged in to a SATA power cable but not have the SATA data cable in?

Just got a new PSU and it has brutally tight SATA cables, I sometimes need to disconnect my SSD from my system for security reasons and run other drives, and don't know if it's bad to leave it powered but not have the data cable in.

If it's not obvious, I mean I want to use it like this with the system turned on of course.

I'm at work right now and I smell kind of musty. I already wiped my swamp ass..what do?

You can't tell what your computer is running?

mmm. That picture should be captioned "brutally tight". You won't have any problems, although SATA cables are ridiculously cheap, so just buy a 5 pack and be done with it. If you're worried about security, just encrypt your drives.

It's fine.

What device?

User specific config files should be generated by the program, not by the makefile. System specific config should be generated somewhere in /etc/

>although SATA cables are ridiculously cheap, so just buy a 5 pack and be done with it
I mean about wrecking the connectors on the SSD itself through repeated plugging and unplugging.

Guess I could just buy some retarded SATA to SATA connector or something.

If it's fine though I'm not bothered.

>repeated plugging and unplugging
Did you know there is a machine that takes cables from a batch and just does exactly this,replugging upwards of 10,000 times before the batch is approved?

Its not a one time insert and oh no its broken

A SATA power switch box is an option amazon.com/Kingwin-Switch-Switches-5-25-Inch-HDD-PS6/dp/B00TZR3E70

>one time insert and oh no its broken
Also a good caption for

I guess so.

Huh didn't know these existed, and I already keep my SSD thrown into my DVD bays.

Can anyone tell me why using XMP for my ram with a 1600x causes the CPU Vcore to go way up?

My ram is rated for 3200, but even running it at 2933 my average VCore goes up to 1.43v according to HWInfo and my CPU idle and load temps go up significantly.

If I run the ram at "auto" settings it will boot at 2133 and the CPU voltage is normal.

Is there something else I should be adjusting or is this normal? I'd obviously like to keep my ram clocked higher since it gives about a 10-15% performance boost in the games I play, but I'm not happy about those voltages.

It's normal, most BIOSes will give a voltage bump when you turn on XMP to hopefully get better stability. You can turn down the voltage manually with offset to get something more reasonable.

gsmarena.com/samsung_i5500_galaxy_5-3371.php
I don't think device matters though, only limitant would be OTG support, so I can connect the phone to the hdd

then recommend me a 3/4 pin with a jumper on it

Buy a molex y splitter or two with a jumper on it

Just bought parts for first pc, using a gigabyte gtx 1080.
Is it better to connect 3 monitors directly to the card or would it be better to daisy chain off of one displayport?

Samsung Galaxy 7 when updated caused notification bar and menus titles get lost in background color.
>section 1
Everything fine.
>section 2&3, boxed in yellow
Impossible to read text.

I changed my theme, and it helps a bit, but not completely. That's not where the problem lies, just changed some of the colors.

I can't set up two displays. I have two connected to the GPU, but the DVI one shuts off when the HDMI is connected. When I disconnect the HDMI, the DVI one works, but it just won't let me keep both on. What's going on?

Is it a cheap card? Some aren't meant to run multiple displays at once, or certain combinations

it's a 1050 ti and it used to work before.

For Win7
What should I use to search for specific words, quotes, or lines of text in large piles of .txt .log .rtf .doc and .docx text files in a folder or folder tree and then list he files that got hits and show a preview of the section(s) of the text file where the hits were found.

preferably something that uses gui because I'm not command prompt literate.

I'm looking to be able to search though months, or in some cases years, of stored logs i keep on my hard drive and find the specific file I want in a couple of minutes instead of 20 minutes to an hour of searching though several results to see which one has the information I'm looking for.

With core boost disabled it seems I have no problem running XMP@2933 and [email protected]/1.3v. With core boost enabled it then just seems to do whatever it wants with the voltage and it averages around 1.43 to 1.47 which seems way too high.

I wonder why the core boost is so overly aggressive. It seems like for general usage it would actually be better to disable core boost and then overclock with a set voltage below 1.4v.

Tried win+P?

NO ONE KNOWS
GO TO XDA WHERE PEOPLE KNOW THIS SHIT AND CAN TALK TO DEVELOPERS WHO KNOW THIS SHIT

Can just set a negative offset until load voltage becomes reasonable.

it does nothing. It doesn't detect a 2nd monitor being hooked up.

Do wireless earbuds that aren't inner ear exist at all? I can't stand anything rammed into or surrounding my ears because I've got mad tinnitus, and I want to be able to play video james on PC with voice chat without a headset.

Should i update the chipset drivers on my new mobo if the system is running fine?

is Sup Forums or /o/ the best place to go for advice on trying to replace the AC of a car from 2000?

Is this a solid PC build? Any glaring oversights?

pcpartpicker.com/list/BPp77h

AMD processor with an Nvidia Gpu is ass

Looks reasonable to me.

can the HDD and buy a $100 SSD

bone conduction
amazon.com/dp/B018XNGQOE

No.

more thoughts? I've had this idea for a while now, but I'm not sure if it's doable

how can I use ffmpeg to copy only a 10 second piece from a 45 minutes video, and make it Sup Forums compatible

I'd shell out a little bit more for a 2 or 3 tb HDD. Also you can do better than a PNY SSD. Mostly pretty good though

Trying to Dual Boot Win10 and a distro:

I am currently torrenting GNU/Linux Mint 18.1 onto a 32G USB Drive, and I downloaded the Rufus USB Boot application, and I partitioned an unallocated 20G space on my SSD...

But do I need to go into BIOS and mess with shit too? I have an HP Laptop.

/o/ or /diy/ would be my choice.

What's the best software manager if I want to find programs I didn't know existed? Kubuntu's "Discover" crashes within a minute of opening it. Alternatively, what the fuck is wrong with it?

1 /diy/
2 Sup Forums
3 /o/

How do fix it when I type a command in the terminal thats incorrect or doesn't work and the terminal suddenly just shows what you entered but doesn't do anything?