INTEL IS BANKRUPT AND FINISH

Other urls found in this thread:

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7601-dual-socket-early-power-consumption-observations/
anandtech.com/show/11562/amd-epyc-launch-event-live-blog-starts-4pm-et-
tomshardware.com/news/amd-epyc-processor-models-pricing,34833.html
tomshardware.com/news/amd-epyc-processor-models-pricing,34833.html#sthash.g0rZEfUC.dpuf
techreport.com/review/32125/amd-epyc-7000-series-cpus-revealed/2
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49
ark.intel.com/products/93791/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8893-v4-60M-Cache-3_20-GHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Up to 3.2 GHz

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7601-dual-socket-early-power-consumption-observations/

being compared to an intel chip with 3.6ghz turbo

;^)

kek

IT'S OVER!

ATTENTION ANONS, IT'S OVER!

Stop, you piece of shit!

>single core turbo speeds relevant on servers

b-b-but what if.. one query is big for 1 of the 100000 hits per second you get?

>21% more integer performance from one EPYC than 2 (TWO) Xeons

Can it run crysis?

this will be huge for thermal performance.
Intel deserves this for sitting on their heels when AMD was working on APUs post-bulldozer

Yes, since it's literally four R7 1800X on one socket

HOLY SHIT

>2TB
>per socket
>of encrypted-on-the-fly
>DDR4 ECC

Kikes are dead.

Where are you getting this OP? Are you in the audience? If so godspeed you beautiful bastard, thanks for making Sup Forums great again

tfw u will never have an ebyn chip

Anand's live blog.
anandtech.com/show/11562/amd-epyc-launch-event-live-blog-starts-4pm-et-

HOW MUCH FOR AN 8 CORE EPYC
I NEED PRICES
I NEED THAT CPU FOR A HOMESERVER

holy shit intel is dead and finished

$400.

tomshardware.com/news/amd-epyc-processor-models-pricing,34833.html

Jesus christ that's like a 1700x at launch
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

>Unironically cheaper than consumer i7s with less cores

You need to buy one before OEMs do, user.

PRICE BRACKETS

>one epyc draws 17% less power than two xeons
lol fuck

FORREST LOOKS TOO FUCKING SMUG RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT

Oh fuck.

INFINITY FABRIC

POWER CONSUMPTION

post yfw Intel got irreversibly btfo'd

It bears mentioning that Intel publicly posts its SPEC benchmark data, and AMD's endnotes indicates that it reduced the scores used for these calculations by 46%. AMD justified this adjustment because they feel the Intel C++ compiler provides an unfair advantage in the benchmark. There is a notable advantage to the compiler, but most predict it is in the 20% range, so AMD's adjustments appear aggressive. - See more at: tomshardware.com/news/amd-epyc-processor-models-pricing,34833.html#sthash.g0rZEfUC.dpuf

Bad graph aside, this is honestly very impressive.

wait intel fucking cheats with their compiler and they STILL got btfo??

It'll still be ahead of Xeons even at 20%.

From what I gather AMD presented comparisons to Intel specs that THEY had modified to how they considered fair. So no

$15 per stock by tomorrow.
BUY BUY BUY BUY

>With the level of power/ performance of the new systems, you can essentially replace four Intel Xeon E5-2600 (V1) servers with a single dual socket EPYC node and get more performance (in most cases) in a single node that uses half the power. That is absolutely stellar.
>The AMD EPYC platform is still seeing major updates to BIOS for power and performance which is why we are calling these preliminary results. At the same time, we are already seeing some impressive figures.

And the best part is?

For AMD, they are getting rid of 4 bottom of the barrel, throwaway dies for $400.

Actually the graph makes sense if you DON'T expect 1 × 2 to be 2 (ie, inefficiencies at scaling). They're showing off that they have very close to perfect scaling. It would be better if they contrasted an Intel scaling graph that obly went to 1.7 or 1.8x

Imagine if a 32-core Xeon die was so badly damaged only 8 cores worked. Intel would have to throw it out. The multi-chip shenanigans are what let AMD bin this low.

>50% more perf/watt

ded
DED

DEEED

I really do want an official statement on what their yields are. I imagine with all of this binning it's a major exception to have to throw out a die.

post yfw AMD will have entire wafers where every chip can be sold

Ryzen is 80% so I would expect this as a minimum.

In 2010 Intel had its first perfect wafer, it was a Nehalem wafer.

>Nehalem
god tier

It would have to have less than 4 useable cores across the entire die. Or maybe 2+ dead cores per CCX.

>17% less power consumption than two CPUs
That's a lot of power.

YAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AYmeD has completely shat on intel
how long until bankruptcy

WEEKS IF THEY'RE LUCKY

>The Power Of Simplicity
>that direct shot at Intel
lol holy fuck AMD is on fire

next cpu will be named AMD DYCK

128 cores
16 dies
6 gorillion dead

Again, AMD lying: techreport.com/review/32125/amd-epyc-7000-series-cpus-revealed/2

Intel will be back and genocide all poojets and chinks.

DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE
CONTROL

>With Intel's compiler results adjusted this way, two-socket Broadwell systems generally come out slightly behind to moderately behind versus Epyc parts when running SPECint_base_rate2006, especially at the lower end of the market. AMD's systems still win out, but the differences in performance seem closer to our real-world examinations of Zen and Broadwell performance.

AMD still wins, faggot.

>chinks and poojets lie
That's a shocker.

GCC for AMD and ICC for Intel

What's the fucking problem, you're not gonna run a 3 billion grid array using a compiler that's worse performing, is this guy a fucking idiot?

Jesus Fucking Christ, Should've waited for EBIC

>3.2 GHz

It's not the ICC is more efficient on Intel, it's that ICC INTENTIONALLY disables certain instruction sets on "Non genuine" Intel CPUs.
This has been known for years now.

can't wait till 256 dimm mobo lole....

ICC cheats in benchmarks, user.

are you retarded?

still gets rekt by my i7 7700k@ 5hgz in games

Repostan:
It doesn't matter if Intel delivers 32 core Xeons now. If they don't have full AES-128 across the entire 2-4TB memory pool, AMD is better. If they can't deliver 128 PCI-E lanes across ALL CPUs regardless of price, AMD is better.

If they can't deliver 8 channel memory across ALL CPU ranges regardless of price, AMD is better.

Intel basically has to sell $6-8,000 chips now at $2-4,000 pricing if they want to be able to compete with AMD. Further more, they'll need to drop their original $2-4,000 chips into the $400-1,000 price range in order to be able to compete.

AND AND AND, on top of that, ALL THESE chips, need to offer the same feature set across the stack on a unified motherboard, socket, and chipset.

IF INTEL CANNOT DO ALL OF THE ABOVE, ACROSS THE ENTIRE STACK, THEY'RE FUCKED.

Because AMD can, for less, while delivering more, with less power, heat; better performance, availability. Its god damn black magic up in this bitch.

Intel has to pull black magic out of its ass, OR;

IT

CANNOT

WIN

he's just grasping at the last straw he has

agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49

Itt Muslims from reddit

ark.intel.com/products/93791/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E7-8893-v4-60M-Cache-3_20-GHz

>it's INTEL IS FINISHED thread #59250250235
>it's lel Intel are JEWS thread #50443503534 when AMD also has extensive facilities here in Israel

*yawn*

Lets not pretend i do not read Agner.

Lexis nexis is now on board with epyc

lol @ those base clocks

AYMMD fanbois BTFO with their bs about scaling

underwhelming desu

>With the level of power/ performance of the new systems, you can essentially replace four Intel Xeon E5-2600 (V1) servers with a single dual socket EPYC node and get more performance (in most cases) in a single node that uses half the power.

Holy shit, the absolute state of Intel

Can't tell if trolling or just retarded.

looking forward to a writeup on this one and it's benefits and how it do dis