What laptop?

I need to buy a new laptop, what would you guys suggest?

I've got some stuff I'm looking at, but I want to see what you guys suggest.

Other urls found in this thread:

acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predator21x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your price range?

Uh, up to 700 bucks or so. Tax deductable expense, so meh. Don't require a powerhouse, I have a gaming desktop for actual work like autocad and stuff.

I need to split the difference between that and a chromebook. I've been eyeing convertible stuff, but I don't know anything about those. Aka, surfacebook and other offerings.

I would recommend ASUS brand laptops, they're pretty cheap and good for what you get, i use their ROG brand for my main laptop and it's pretty good for my daily use (CS:GO)

I swear to god every time I see a fucking "HELP PLZZZ NEED TO BUY LAPTOP WUT U GUISE THINK" thread I want to rip my fucking own dick off and eat it. FOR CHRISTS SAKE USE FUCKING GOOGLE YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!! Sup Forums is not your personal tech review site. If you seriously are gonna waste money on the most over priced shit performance tech market you shouldnt even be on Sup Forums.
>>>>>>>>>>/tpg/
An older thinkpad is the only worthwhile laptop
to get. SO FUCK OFF!

ThinkPad X220/X230

Cheapo chromebook. These things have pretty fucking good battery life. Something that these old bulky ThinkPads do not offer.

Lenovo Y700.

Chromebooks are OK but you can't run any basic apps, just HTML and chrome store things, Android app support is coming though.

You can install proper Linux on them

That's what I'm currently using. I've got three. They suck for anything besides light duty work. Even with linux.

What kind of non light duty are you doing?

A lot of people i see that have one use it for schoolwork

What about a used thinkpad x1 carbon for 350$.

Excel, number crunching, autocad/mastercam, video editing.

Could be, could be.

They are OK for that, but you get fucked hard when you need windows applications. Can't escape microsoft, sadly.

Are the convertible tablet/laptops just a meme?

/thread

OP here, I already own a Thinkpad T-42. Way ahead of you buddy.

Why would you want a new Laptop then?

Because it's shit. Great for what I use it for, but not in CURRENT YEAR

Wow. I can't believe such a thing as the laptop in the picture exists.

acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-series/predator21x
This

Have you looked at the KDE slimbook?

no I have not.

Currently looking at possibly a lenovo ideapad, or the Asus VivoBook E403SA