What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/12/04/watch-how-europe-is-greener-now-than-100-years-ago/
youtube.com/watch?v=PKs1ctp91FI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The apocalypse came in 1914. We're living the post-apocalyptic dystopian future where europeans are a dying breed and the world is inherited by subhumans.

Humanity would probably be colonising other solar systems by now if it wasn't for the collective suicide of civilization we call WW1.

Nice maymay. The wars kickstarted technological development. There's no post WW2 boom without WW2.

Rome fell.

Byzantines, Persians, Egyptians, Jews, Assyrians and Babylonians failed to detain the Islam from their spread.

Almost nothing.

>dude is literally trying to convice people ww2 was a good thing to anyone.
go fuck yourself
t. other finn

He is right though.
Wars always stimulate technological development.

Many people regard the large amount of European warfare and competition as one of the greatest factors that made the west overcome the rest, discover the world, and start the colonial age.

Europeans, Byzantines, Persians, Egyptians, Jews, Assyrians and Babylonians failed to detain the Islam from their spread.

Fixed it for you.

How do you know?
Have you been to alternate reality??
People speculating this shit doesn't make it true or "right".

Harvard's Niall Ferguson said so.
You can try mailing him for proofs if you want.

The factor that started the colonial age was the Ottomans kicking European ass in south eastern Europe and the Mediterranean forcing Europeans to find an alternative path towards Asia.

Then by pure luck we ran into another continent with niggers and sticks who were easily conquerable.

I like how looks my peninsula on the map

So one dude said so makes it true, i can admit that wars boost some tech, the tech to jew eachother, frame eachother with propaganda and to kill eachother.
How the fuck does that have anything to do with progress?
Might aswell thank the nazis for locking up the scientists, von braun could have done that shit and got the funding even without them, like he actually did.
What a fucking retard you can mail him that.
Might aswell start ww3 eh? RACEWAR NOW

Yeah, the Ottomans were the last straw obviously, but they can be considered as part of the larger cadre of intra-European competition for spice and silk trade.

So honest question, how far is the iberian peninsula desert already?

for that question
washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/12/04/watch-how-europe-is-greener-now-than-100-years-ago/

Your posts sound so fucking retarded. You argue like a 12 year old. Perhaps you should lecture at Harvard, you obviously know better than Niall Ferguson haha.

You literally cannot imagine people being more motivated to best their opponent's technology when their country is in danger?

GERMANS

Was asking about iberia , catholic heretic

this, add russia

Do you have dyslexia? I literally told you that.
>i can admit that wars boost some tech, the tech to jew eachother, frame eachother with propaganda and to kill eachother.
and thats exactly what this fucker is about.

Literally nothing, fuck off leaf.

Nice arguement btw mr. niall ferguson fanboy.
you might want to have some original ideas in your head for once instead of being a fucking sheep.

we have more forest than in the past century and of course we have one or two desert but great part of the country (castile specially) is a dryland field because of the extreme temperatures during the year (too hot in summer too cold in winter)... but it use to be green in the past.

>tech has nothing to do with progress
>nuclear energy was not largely developed as part of the Manhattan project
>WW1 didn't greatly boost the development of aviation
I can go on, but you'd do yourself a favour by just opening a history book

I'm not even the only one giving him critic, there are literally bunch of historians doing that and i'm not even an historian, dont know this guy, and get it.

It boosted the funds for this shit. Maybe visit that alternate reality of yours to see what would be without these fucking wars.
Man went to moon because von braun fucking wanted to go to moon, and dedicated his life for it. All this shit happened after the war, cant say there weren't tensions but mostly it was just a race to show who fucking win, commies or capitalists.

Yes, I realised that when I was in Castile visiting my then gf. How does one hold out in such boring and isolating landscape?

And yeah, nuclear power wasn't created purely to nuke eachother you fucking toothpaste.
People made planes before ww2, now they just make planes to shoot other planes down.
Why haven't you destroyed me with your niall ferguson arguements yet?

we did :^))

Brits existing for starts

Inventions and Improvements Directly Related to WW2/The War Effort:
Radar
Better planes
Better engines for all sorts of vehicles
Rockets
Early missiles
Computer
Helicopters
Nylon
Teflon
Electron microscope
Dialysis machine
Microwave oven

don't know but there (in castile) you can find strange villages because of the isolation
For me the best castile is Castile and Lion, in the middle of nowhere you can find a great number of castles. There are many reforestation projects to make this country a bit more green and with Portugal we are the country with more success in reforestation in all europe.

Yeah none of this shit would exsist today if not for the 6 gorillion.
Gimme a fucking break mcnugget.

are you retarded

You're so incredibly mad haha. Go back to playing CoD or your mom will wonder why you're screaming at the PC.
I hadn't even mentioned Von Braun yet, but it is highly doubtable whether Von Braun would have delved so far into rocketry if he hadn't been stimulated to do so by the NSDAP.

Boosting funds is a part of stimulating progress you dipshit. Nuclear power was developed largely due to the Manhattan project and therefore for offensive purposes you inbred.
Have you ever flown in a plane? Was it made just to shoot other planes down?

I'm done discussing with those 2 brain cells of yours, glhf.

Oh now here comes the "you're mad boohoo" arguement :D:D a fucking classic man.
>it is highly doubtable whether Von Braun would have delved so far into rocketry if he hadn't been stimulated to do so by the NSDAP.
It was literally his childhood dream, he wanted to go to moon since a child, he went to schools and did shit to achieve that goal while you listened to niall fergusons with a boner.

You people literally think nothing of this shit could have been done without 2 fucking massive wars that fucked up europe and are still fucking it up.
Yeah go cry yourself to sleep fucking fanboy :D:D

Technology has advanced in the last decade under peace than ever during war though. Its not as simple as have war = better tech

Are you? Maybe start a war to boost your economy, it's literally the american way lol.
You nuggets dont even think about the shit you leave behind right? just make the dolla dolla bill yall :DD

right? Any Niall Fergusons wanna argue that or not?

No?

>man literally went to the moon because of the cold war
>which totally wasn't a war as far as military budget went

Nigga, scientists are never seeking to destroy the world.
They didn't give a fuck about the war. Thats why some left before the war, like Einstein.
Braun only was with nazis cos he was a german, got the funding he wanted, and later did the same shit in US. But the shit really kicked off due to public interest. He made a fucking video with walt disney to gain support to this idea.
Cold war was beef between capitalists and commies, now USA and Russia, both are huge countries with mixed population. We can all see that.
There are plenty of countries who dont use war as a fucking excuse to benefit the mankind.
Car was made because man wanted to ease his travels, plane was made because man wanted to fly. Rockets were made go to outer space.
But you people just seem to prefer it was used to bomb eachoter i guess. None of the scietist gave a fuck about some war.

never said that they did it for the war
just saying that the funds for their projects were huge because of war reasons
do you really believe the space race was because of a walt disney movie or because they wanted to get what was basically air superiority

I already said earlier.
It was a beef between commies and capitalists nothing more... And guess fucking what? They didn't actually start a world war this time. Instead they raced to see which superpower is the fucking top dog. Both did well.

>millions of the best and brightest of european young men dying face down in the mud in some god forsaken hellhole was a good thing! it helped boost tech research!

The cats fought each other while the monkey benefited. Europoors were middle easterners of last century

you forgot
t. Niall Ferguson and the fanboys

Pajeet... You need to check your shit about middle-east for the last century.

yes the actual landing was a pr stunt, but they didn't sink millions in it just to show who was the top dog, they did so in order to acquire space know-how to avoid being left behind
>there was no war so it wasn't military spending
it's just retarded
tbf I'm just arguing some fields benefited by the increased will of besting your enemy in order to save lives in a war

Well the boys were paranoid? thats what nukes and conflict do to you.

They aren't wrong. Wars accelerated technological developments

not even a question of nukes
WWII showed how air superiority was important, they probably saw that as the next step of the air force
Given the key role satellite images and gps have in modern warfare it was a winning choice in the end

Oi man i love porco rosso

well in the bottom of that picture map what went wrong is islam and in top of it, also islam

Think about it this way... All the resources and shit benefitting the humankind from these past wars are transferred to actually benefit the humankind.
I'm not saying that you're wrong, i'm just saying things would be better if no world wars happened at all.
Yeah, i know it sounds like bunch of hippie shit but how is it not true?
Maybe pajeets actually had toilets by now? maybe shitholes didn't breed like rabbits cos their quality of life was better? cmon, i know you guys are into history and shit but war is not the only way to boost your economy or settle shit.
As we have fucking withnessed after WW2.
You people think Finland benefitted from the war against russia? No, we got fucking rekt and so did even more russians. We paid our reparations for "losing" back in full. How is that for a fucking benefit? We could have made mämmimachine or dankest meme ever instead.

So here we go again... back to the war is best for human developement shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=PKs1ctp91FI

Between 1860 and 1910 technology progressed at a speed that was absolutely mindblowing and only comparable to present day. Germany was only getting started with industrialization, education was becoming more and more common place and new scientific breakthroughs were daily occurrences. This all ended when WW1 broke europe and the only ones who benefited from it were americans, hence the "american century".

A good example is einsteins theories on special and general relativity. Papers dealing with them were released already in 1905 and 1915 respectably. Then why the fuck do you think it took 35 years for anyone to apply them in practical nuclear fission and in america of all places? Almost as if scientific progress skipped an entire generation and europe in general. Probably because that generation was lying face down in the mud in verdun or somme.

What kind of mouthbreathing moron do you have to be to think that killing millions of highly educated people and leveling all infrastructure = technological progress. Probably a meme started by french and english to try and justify a war that killed european hegemony permanently.

>2 World wars
>Germans
I rest my case
/thread

please explain to me how you inferred that from that post
never said it was the best for human development

Good luck trying to forcefeed these people some sense.

>roleplaying as different people
>obsessively replying with Sup Forums tier answers to 5 different flags that all disagree with you
You're so fucking autistic m9. Get help.

>only 2 finns in Sup Forums
I got news for you, we aren't even real.

Did you come back from your babbynap niall fergusonboo? Hope you didn't cry too much and actually came up with something.

I came up with that you've got a mental problem
Who the fuck writes 4 posts in succession?
It's obvious that it's all (you), your writing style breathes mental handicap

>It's obvious that it's all (you),
how about this post?Your analysing tech needs some upgrade m8, maybe start a war.
I might not be the best writer for sure i can admit that.
But atleast i'm not a brainwashed piece of shit sheep like you who cant even think for himself.
>Niall Ferguson for president 2017
Oh yeah.. and about being mad? Think you lost on that account too. xDDD

So any actual arguement yet? no? just parroting naill fergusons works without even making up any points? Great we are back to making you assblasted but i might actually do something else for a while if you're ok with it.

So, instead of ingnoring my retard ass, you decided to not speak to anyone else because... Im mad/angry?
Come back man we need to hear your wisdom.
SORRY!? is that what you want to hear?

Is this KC?

stop calling us nuggets

nugget