Anyone live in any of these states?

Anyone live in any of these states?

Tell me what life is like there

I'm on the east coast, but I think pic might interest you

>Tell me what life is like there

Like other places, but with better coffee.

East Coast > West Coast

I live in Oregon, what do you want to know?

Not OP, but are the people there pretty nice?
Is the massive influx of people really hurting?

It's ok. Unless you're a nerd.

what do you do for fun?

A lot of people are getting priced out of California and moving up here. They're still generally wealthier than Oregonians, so property values are getting driven up quite a bit. Oregonians are nice, but also pretty quiet and standoffish. Gotta get to know us.

The land of suburbs, strip malls and exorbitant rent

t. Normiefornia

Hike, camp, vidya, read, ride my bike, drink, smoke.

>Oregonians are nice, but also pretty quiet and standoffish

Unless you're female and attending PSU

West coast best coast

Also ski when the weather's right.

Guess it's not THAT different from the people here on the east coast, except that they're loud and standoffish.

Not sure if technology is lessening the differences between each region though. Pick young people from any area and they will all stare at their phones if they don't know anyone they can talk to in a room.

Arizona is pretty based, California would be too if it had the same population as Arizona. Those are the two I've lived in, I've spend some time in the others...Nevada's okay, Las Vegas is cool, idk about living there though. Northwestern Nevada is really expensive and not that populated, the area around Lake Tahoe is alright, but overpriced and far from a real large metro. IMHO the west coast and the inter-mountain states are far better than anything on the east coast. The only thing good east of the Mississippi is Miami. Chicago and NYC are okay too.

This is my unbiased opinion as someone originally from central Illinois, the heart of flyover country.

Ha, no doubt. I went to UO but I'm sure the situation is the same.

You from the East? Do people over there smalltalk? Nobody over here does, always weird to get shit form Euros about it.

CHI

Oh yes, small talk is a norm here. I'm one to take the initiative and start the small talk I'm not sure if I enjoy it. It's better than silence, but sometimes feels like I'm interrogating people with question after question.

I don't understand how people NOT form relationships without small talk. You got to start somewhere.... I guess a lot of relationships start out west from 'forced' connection (e.g. working together)??

Also, that's odd that Euros complain about it. I always thought they bagged on Americans for small talk.

>the inter-mountain states are far better than anything on the east coast
Ugh, don't tempt me. Now I just want to get out of here even faster. The rat race is real tea here

>mfw Californian
>too many spics
>terrible gun laws
>high taxes

It's not as nice as the movies make it out to be.

That's what I meant; it's weird to get shit for it when nobody over here does it.
I was at a bar the other day and the bartender kept asking me all this shit about where I was from, what my job was, etc. Weird as fuck.

You're just poor

Haha, I don't find that odd at all. Most people here don't like small talk either, but do it to 1) break silence and 2) hopefully develop the conversation into genuinely interesting subjects. Does the 'no small talk' thing go for the whole of the west, or just certain areas? I thought Cali would be more extroverted and east-coast like.

I think the dislike of silence here is part of a larger east coast motif about always NEEDING to do something. The east coast culture is about success, objective completion, and building your portfolio/resume up. I'm a bit odd, and when I just stand around in the woods listening to music doing nothing, people find that odd, almost creepy.

AZfag here, it's quite warm. many mexicans, little rain. Mainly a conservative state. houses and buildings are fairly spreadout when compared to denser east coast cities. Lotta cacti... Life isn't really too different when compared to any other places in the world besides the climate.

i lived there. it's really hot but it's not so bad because it's not humid.

the people are pretty shitty. most are addicted consumerists and the entire region is full of short little ugly spics. no memes, a lot of times you'll be in public walking around and you're going to feel like the only human being in the entire area.

There is like ONE south korean poster on this board... do you normally role-play an anti-American korean with mediocre english skills?

I'm not poor.

-NA!

I can only speak for the PNW and New Mexico, but it's pretty uncommon unless people are drinking.
And that makes sense. The parts of the West Coast that aren't heavily urbanized are extremely laid-back. Most of my friends are really big on doing exactly that -- hanging out in the woods and listening to music.

Arizona here, Yuma to be exact.

Pros:
>Super lax gun laws
>Majority white/latino population with barely any niggers
>Beautiful view of the fields and mountains if you live in the countryside
>Beautiful desert environment
>Conservative

Cons
>A lot of Yuma city is run down
>Snowbirds (Old white people from up north who come here during the winter in droves) make it practically impossible to drive sometimes
>During the summer, the heat will literally kill you (This week it's supposed to peak at like 120°F)
>Not much to do except go to the mall or stay indoors

If you don't mind the snowbirds and can handle the heat, it's pretty nice living here.

Dang.... that life sounds awesome. I don't think I can stay in this Bos-Wash metro... even people from the western half of Pennsylvania (semi-rural Pittsburgh) are noticeably friendlier. High population density just fucks people's personalities up. Definitely a survival dog-eat-dog thing.

I'm thinking about anywhere between Shoshone park to the PNW coast... any recommendations?

Nope, just an american living in Korea,
this is actually my first time really posting on Sup Forums.
figures that whatever other Korean here would be anti-America

Depends on your personal politics and what kind of setting you're looking for. In the PNW, the Cascades divide the conservative, rural east from the urban, liberal west. Olympia, Eugene, Bend, Portland, Bellingham and Seattle are all places I can vouch for, Eugene slightly less so. Corvallis is also really nice. Also, Hood River. Coastal communities in the PNW are generally pretty poor, and are gonna get wiped the fuck out when the earthquake rolls through.

There's no reason to live in Yuma unless you're a Marine or a snowbird. Phoenix and Tucson are both infinitely better.

>fellow Yuman on Sup Forums
woah. Are you a Marine or a local?

Thanks man, I really appreciate and will check those places out.

I've heard that a lot of those coastal communities are filled with retirees? I guess they just don't care anymore

OR here
>rains a lot normally
>portland is a very VERY strange place but it has Powells and OMSI
>portland is infested with hipsters, weed, hobos, and bridges
>soccer is considered an actual sport, if only so we aren't in a title drought
>cascades separate conservative east and liberal west
>Crater Lake is nice
>OSU and UO fans are surprisingly calm for a sports rivalry
>calis are scum and we should build a wall and make them pay for it

or if your family is connected to the ag industry, be that due to being a migrant or actually profiting from it.

Hey I'm a liberal Californian with lots of money to buy a house. Should I move to Oregon?

lets see if anyone actually responds seriously to this

In my experience it's just people tied to the service and fishing industries. All the cities I mentioned are pretty lefty, be aware if that's not your thing.

Why wouldn't they? I'm sure they'll be glad to have another Californian moving to their state.

And yeah, there's a few retirees for sure. It's a really nice place to live if you don't have to work for a living. If you do, it's still nice but a bit rougher.

>california is spreading

Send help

NO
you can build a border wall and stay on your side

dont listen to this gaylord

Actual poor people (i.e. Mexicans that aren't homeless) live relatively decently, though, with all the welfare programs. I recently heard there's even a program that gives free smartphones with free service to anyone who can present a BIC or EBT card.

Southern California reporting in, it feels like everything that's wrong with America. White people are a minority, everything is just mexicans and asians. The drivers are terrible, everything is overpriced, everything is crowded all the time, the list just goes on. At least its sunny though, and it was 107 F today.

I want to live in Oregon. Is it nice?

Rain most of the year and trees

Yeah

BRIAN?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!

as fucking if.

washington state and oregon are like fuck off were full

>California loss
>Texas gain

This explains a lot actually

why is wyoming a square

reeeEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES GET OUTTA GEORGIA

Sup Forums needs state flags

comfy af t b h f a m i l i a

>he doesn't use the extension

California fucking sucks unless you are a non white or are wealthy/have a good job, poor whites get btfo, so I live in North Dakota now, if only dad didn't fuck up when I was young

CA? Can't live until you earn 6 figures or you are relying on welfare.
Protip: can't live with at least like 150k/yr in the Bay Area

California here:

Its hot, we never get rain, its expensive as fuck, and people to the south are assholes

california has too many mexicans and a shit government but the landscape amd oceans are beautiful

If you're in Arizona, kill yourself. So glad I moved out of the hellhole that is Phoenix, nothing but crabby old white people and their redneck buckle bunny grandkids. Bellingham, Washington is THE best place to live in the entire united states.

t. Lived in Phoenix for 18 years and Flagstaff for 5

Because when the boundaries for the westermore states were drawn, they just cut them up along arbitrary lines since hardly anyone lived there. There was also a Jeffersonian ideal that states shouldn't be specific sub-ethnic group-tailored and that people should have to fight against eachother's ideologies, even at a state level. That's why Washington and Oregon include arid inland areas.

Wyoming is just the least-populated and least live-able, so it was the easiest to turn into a rectangle. Colorado's also a perfect rectangle. Others get close.

Maybe that's why I like California. I come from money.

Good that you have money. I think Los Angeles is better in terms of living expense than SF (I almost thought it was like 1.5 times more expensive than LA). And San Diego/Orange county seems better than both in terms of everything.
I would be willing to go back if I were to work as SD

FUCKING HOT

>F°
>digusting

Oh, you're interested in the West Coast™? Well let me introduce you to the newish thing that flourishes there called the social justice movement

>thread about America
>canada barges in with their irrelevant bullshit

It's shit

Fuck off celcius faggot

very pleasant actually

I live in San Diego. It's scenic and the climate is great, but you need money to breathe here. It's cheaper than Los Angeles (not by much) and San Francisco, but you still need to be highly skilled to make it.