Why can't non-Americans into highways?

Why can't non-Americans into highways?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lQJFv9SMSMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u7r_y2tgLDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they are godawful

because they have trains

North America is fuckhuge, with large spaces of low population density, Europe doesn't need highways as much as we do

wouldn't it be great if we had trains?

you could actually go places and stuff without paying for gas or having to.. ya know.. fucking drive.. you could take a nap and not die... you wouldnt have to worry about other drivers fucking up and killing you.

not counting amtrak because its expensive as goddamn fuck and they share commercial tracks without priority and so are often extremely behind schedule.

>states without several interstates in them
How can you be so irrelevant?

Because Europeans can't afford fuel so they use trains instead.

because planes are cheaper and quicker by a huge margin

I could've sworn they passed some law or something that demanded commercial trains give way to Amtrak.

You get a pass because you have fucking nothing between your cities, without any rural towns.

The us uses more trains than europe. after ww2 europe didn't bother to fix their rails.

must be a new law, or it's ineffective as fuck.
when i checked last everyone was still bitching about not being able to plan trips with them, or arriving late as fuck when they tried.

commercial, sure. but i seriously doubt we have as many passenger trains, not counting subways/city rail services.

people in europe actually use them to travel around, we do not.

My state is getting passenger trains in the year 2017.

This country is a joke.

>yfw we have the greatest passenger train line on the continent

Two per state on average. It's like you don't even try.
Out states are roughly equal in size, population wise, btw.

Because the western states with no major cities skew the average. And you also neglect the auxiliary highways that you guys largely don't even have.

Isn't the reason you don't have trains the fact that the train monopolies were godawful?

>Out states are roughly equal in size, population wise
that is not really a good thing though, is it?

i remember when my german great grandmother visited, every time we went on a drive somewhere she kept commenting on how much open space there was.

Americans hate public/mass transit because they would be forced to sit next to niggers. Americans loves guns because of niggers. Basically, anything odd about USA is due to niggers.

why are chinese people so racist?

I had to google auxiliary highways. What a stupid term for regular roads that just connect to highways.

Auxiliary interstates is what I'm talking about. The ones with three digit numbers that tend to be ring roads.

This

youtu.be/lQJFv9SMSMQ

My webm is why public transportation works in Europe.

As an American I've never seen a dick with foreskin and that shit was disgusting.

I see. Mostly they seem to be necessary just because a lot the states is uninhabited wilderness.

Is this the /n/ thread
Can we talk about trams and how great they are in dense city environments do to being mostly independent of other traffic and not restricted by other infrastructure (rails cutting straight through roundabouts etc.)

Also 90% of the time you can ride on them for free.

we are finally getting them (well, reinstalling them since we had them and then took them out in like the 1930s-40s?).. they only have them finished in a few areas so far so I havnt rode on them yet, but my family is visiting next month and we are going to try them.
The areas they are in now are known for shitty parking and high traffic, so im expecting this to make things a shit-ton easier.

They should put them in parking lots to get people across them. Say, that's an idea.

>you could actually go places and stuff without paying for gas or having to.. ya know.. fucking drive.. you could take a nap and not die... you wouldnt have to worry about other drivers fucking up and killing you.
fucking commie

youtube.com/watch?v=u7r_y2tgLDU

There is no reason that in many places they shouldn't build collector-express freeways like this with at least as many lanes. That would help a shitton. The express sections can have as many lanes as they need since nobody's getting off for a while.

most of the us is small towns the only places that really need passenger trains and those are high pop cities, since the us is just one big country there are less major cities than all of western europe

I support this

Being able to go across the country while comfy for a convent price, no need to deal with airlines always have something to do. Fug thinking about this is making me sad I wouldn't spend my days shitposting and I could be out enjoying life.

Also No need for insurance or car payment.

what you mean ?

To me it seems really annoying to travel huge distances to get anywhere. I'm glad germany is rather dense

The US has more freight, yeah.

Largely thanks to unified signalling systems across state borders and wagon pools. The problem in Europe has been that every country has its own signalling system meaning you may have to switch drivers or even the locomotive at the border.

Europe has more passenger services. Partly because higher density, but also city layouts with obvious centers.

>call it freeway
>have speed limits

do you know what a board blue is faggot?