Vietnamese here, what do you guys think of my language and culture?

Vietnamese here, what do you guys think of my language and culture?

Pls don't talk about the wars, we already got a bunch and i'm tired of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvwnuJEnQQ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyễn_dynasty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Spring rolls and pho XD

You are dwarves.

I'm 177 cm, taller than most Chinese men.

Bún riêu is better tho.

I know literally nothing of it, apart from the horrors of Pol Pot and his ethnic cleansing, the killing fields, etc.

You make a lot of toys, or at least used to.

it aint me

Vietnam is honestly a great cunt. Great (and interesting) history, good culture, good religion...
The one bad thing is that you actually eat dogs alive. This is terrible.

Meme language

I only know about Vietnamese war sry

>dogs
>alive
When? Some of us eats dogs, but not alive.

We only use "là" (and in some cases "thì") for "to be". No grammatical conjugation. That is pretty simple.

Not fair, dude.

bruh...

How hard is it to learn vietnamese? I like spoken words seem to fit together like toy blocks, and you don't seem to have any inflection or much case structure

IT AIN'T ME! IT AIN'T MEEEE! I AIN'T NO FORTUNATE SON!

Do you guys hate Chinese?

WHY SO MANY ACCENT MARKS

There are only three main tenses (simple future, simple present and simple past) and two other tense (progressive present and progressive past). No grammatical conjugation. No aspect. No genders.

Because of Frenchies.

Diem did nothing wrong

This.

So, are you telling me that its easy?

It has a bunch of slangs, personal pronouns, and tones. But that's it.

>language

Nothing. Good languages have regular orthography (Spanish, Czech), shit ones have irregular (English) and I don't how closely the writting follows the pronounciation in Vietnamese.

>culture

Superior to ours, but that's not much of an accomplishment, to be honest.

I don't really like how Vietnamese sound, and the romanization of vietnamese language looks so complicated I always wonder if it's not messed up in the end.

For a 50 years long or so communist regime, it doesn't seem too corrupt and not too harsh on individual liberties, at least from here. We don't here much about Vietnam, though.

I read sometimes you put the inside of a spring roll inside a baguette and eat it that way.

Other than that, everybody who's been there told me they've had a blast, we got quite a few people from vietnamese descent in my area and the girls are super hot.

Good people. We accepted many Vietnamese refugees during their war and there were no chimpouts, rapes etc.

Hô Chi Minh where a great strategist, Tbh.

>Good languages have regular orthography (Spanish, Czech), shit ones have irregular (English)

I realize all criteras to decide which are the "good" and "bad" languages are highly subjectives, but this one is so simplistic it is almost dumb.

Good food, guys are bro tier and women are qts.
Your language is probably the worst sounding in the world no contest.

>Were*
Hmph.

I'm speaking about the sounds.

It ain't me

I ain't no fortunate one

I raise my hat to you guys for standing against the Chinese imperialism.

Good food. Pho and bun bo hue are great. What are other good foods?

How does it feel to be nothing more than a buffer country between China?

your language is probably one of the most disgusting sounding in asia, other than mandarin, cantonese, and thai

Spent 9 months in vietnam once. Would love to visit again soon.

Nothing. At least we're more relevant than a lot of SEA countries.

can't you guys type like fucking human beings
>2016
>using diacritics

Written Vietnamese looks very chaotic. I haven't heard it spoken much, so I don't really have an opinion on how it sounds.

Regarding Vietnamese culture, all I know is that pho and Vietnamese sandwiches are both great.

the most based asian country

managed to fight off 2 superpowers,colonial master and toppled an a murderous dictator

regards: one of the few nations that had visa free travel to unified vietnam since its creation

i thought Finnish uses a bunch of diacritics too?

é_è

no
only two letters with umlauts (ä, ö), we also have the å in our alphabet but we never use it, it's a swedish faggot letter

ê_ê

õ_õ

Laarb is fucking great

that shits intensity

Why the fug is everyone a Nguyen

I am sorry your glorious nation failed to reform your writting system.

It actually did a couple of times, but they never took hold, probably because they are unecessary.

Then how the fuck should they mark tones?

>inplying they should go back with using Chinese characters

China 2.0
I'm sorry, but it's true.

Also your language sounds more retarded than Chinese.

Việt Nam điểm danh bruh

OP đầu tiên. :')

Why are you all named Nguyen?

where are you living right now? Hanoian here

Tân Thành, BR-VT.

any chances you are the admin of that Vietnamese music nerd page on facebook?

Nope.

You just jealous at the people who reformed their language successfully.

>China 2.0
>coming from a country who kicked the US forces out and later begged "Oh no pls come back USA!!" after the Chinese freely stole its islands without any interruptions

>Confusing language with orthography

>Implying Spanish has a regular orthography
More than most languages, but people still have problem with LL/Y, B/V, Z/S.

Regarding Vietnamese: after checking it, their system is mainly phonemic, with some irregularities (as K/C borrowed from Euros). Still kinda ugly, though... you need to spam diacritics to use Latin alphabet for tonal languages.

Rice noodle

So are you.

>It actually did a couple of times, but they never took hold, probably because they are unecessary.
Eeeeeeehhhh...
Let's say that, while not as bad as English "bash randomly on the keyboard to produce the 'ah' sound", French spelling could be better.

Two things that fuck with it can't be avoided, though - liaison forcing you to spam E where the consonant must be always pronounced, and the huge amount of vowels.

Since EU is going to shit after Brexit, Russians have way more tanks in the east than NATO does and considering many of your people enriched my nation and I guess we should return the favor... how is Vietnamese immigration policy and are there job oportunities for people with master's in biochem who don't know a single word in Vietnamese?

Cute second gen immigrant girls.

>imblying

It's not "random". Nothing is random when it comes to languages, it all comes from something. French spelling is a part of its history.

Up to this moment I didn't even know the vietnamese had internet.
What's it like to live in a communist state?

Actually I called English spelling random, not French... I don't recall French having bullshit like iSland, pEOple, maCHine, SCiSSor, CHaos and stuff like that.

Well, my point still stands nontheless. Like I said, it's all opinions and different perspectives, but I just think judging languages purely on their spelling is a bit over-simplistic.

Sure, I even mentioned in he was confusing the orthography with the language.

Still, I'm a big fan of the phonemic spellings... maybe Italian spoiled me too much.

60% of Vietnam's population uses Internet. They are just bad at English so you don't see them at the English language website.

>what's it like to live in a communist state
Like the capitalist states I guess. Working, eating, sleeping.

CAMBODIA IS SHIT VETNAM IS GREAT YES OR NOT?

immigrant policy is pretty okay, lots of expats living and working here. If you are master in biochem, I think your chances are pretty decent, and it's way better if you can work in field related to environment.

I'm sorry, bro ;__;

HOW MACH PAY FOR STAY PERMINT?

You're like our aisan best friend!

Can I teach English in your country?

ō-ō

è_é

ç-ç

Thirded

youtube.com/watch?v=VvwnuJEnQQ4

What the FUCK Vietnam?

Being military its hard not to talk about the wars indirectly, but I like Vietnam. I dont entirely care for the government, but that is more of a generational thing than a military thing. I feel its too obsolescent and repressive for what the younger generations are going for.

-Foods good.
-Language sounds very fun and expressive.
-Most of the people ive met are very nice, including those who were of the Vietnamese criminal elements when I lived in Chicago.
-Biggest of all? I have not met any Vietnamese people who want to put up a big fight and be a fuck head about living with other people.

10/10. Would "it aint me" as an ally in the jungle.

*was a great

hope this would help

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyễn_dynasty

Vietnamese food is the best asian food

i only 3 things about vietnam

>hot chicks
one classmate i had in highschool was ethnic vietnamese, and her sister was even more hot
>growing weed here
blease stop, it is illegal here
>wars
sorry

I love your women. I'm in love with them actually. My highschool crush was viet and because of that I had yellow fever up until college. How do I pick up a viet girl to make my wife? I'm nonwhite.

You can marry one and even get paid 80k~ for citizenship.

t. Nguyen

You scrapped Chinese writing
Now I can't read Ho Shi Minh

Where would it be easier to find a wife: China, Taiwan or Vietnam?

You can get very successful Chinese woman because Chinese man dont like to marry woman who are more successful than them. Thats why a lot of Chinese woman are looking for western man. If you want a poor low class woman Vietnam is probably your best choice.

most powerful chinks in the world

Sounds like a good deal to me

Now to get girl, all you need is a US citizenship

Motherfucking Pineapple fried rice

Fucking ugly language desu, and great chink remover